Jordan Willis (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2477

Been out injured since February with knee injury now expected to not be back for at least another 9-12 months.
feel sorry for the lad as he always gave 100% for us and his goal at Wembley was something else but it looks like we did the right thing letting him go

D

Deleted member 2477

giphy.gif

D

Deleted member 2477

I didnt mention Sunderland just an ex player whos football career looks to be over. Mr Platt seems to have an unhealthy obsession with me but Im sorry to disappoint him Im all ready married and dont go for weirdos

SlowerThanPlatt

I didnt mention Sunderland just an ex player whos football career looks to be over. Mr Platt seems to have an unhealthy obsession with me but Im sorry to disappoint him Im all ready married and dont go for weirdos

You posted a thread on it before when it happened and was news? I’m asking why 3 months later it has any relevance?

cc84cov

Been out injured since February with knee injury now expected to not be back for at least another 9-12 months.
feel sorry for the lad as he always gave 100% for us and his goal at Wembley was something else but it looks like we did the right thing letting him go

Why don’t you just say you want him back don’t be scared...but while we are at it maybe doyle can help sheaf in the middle 😎

fatso

Willis has a great career ahead of him, but it all went tragically wrong ......... when he joined Sunderland.

D

Deleted member 2477

O
You posted a thread on it before when it happened and was news? I’m asking why 3 months later it has any relevance?

oh going through my past posts aswell now. Every time I post you are straight on posting some sarky or negative reply pal. Very weird you seem obsessed with me. The best thing now is Ill stick you on ignore and I suggest for your sake you do the same. Its not a healthy obsession trust me

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Bring him back and we can get him and Hyam to train together and get a good defender out of one of them??

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

O

oh going through my past posts aswell now. Every time I post you are straight on posting some sarky or negative reply pal. Very weird you seem obsessed with me. The best thing now is Ill stick you on ignore and I suggest for your sake you do the same. Its not a healthy obsession trust me
Not sure what has happened between the two of you previously, but it is a tad odd posting the same thing you did 3 months ago for no apparent reason, do you not think? I had assumed it was another year on top of that but the article you have linked to is also from April. No problem at all discussing Willis or any ex-player, from Sunderland or anywhere, just seems an odd time to post this.

D

Deleted member 2477

Not sure what has happened between the two of you previously, but it is a tad odd posting the same thing you did 3 months ago for no apparent reason, do you not think? I had assumed it was another year on top of that but the article you have linked to is also from April. No problem at all discussing Willis or any ex-player, from Sunderland or anywhere, just seems an odd time to post this.
The reason being mate is hes just broke down again with the same injury and by the sounds of it its possibly going to end his career. The type of injury has a very low success rate of playing again unfortunately

D

Deleted member 2477

Didnt realise it was an old article my mistake. Its the same injury that Hargreaves retired on

fatso

He's out of contract at the end of the season, and not certain of being fit before then apparently, so not looking good for the lad unfortunately.

NorthernWisdom

He's out of contract at the end of the season, and not certain of being fit before then apparently, so not looking good for the lad unfortunately.
I might be going mad (the more likely outcome!) but I could have sworn he had to manage a knee injury while with us, which restricted his training.

If so, I *really* can't blame him for taking the higher contract offer while he could.

rob9872

I might be going mad (the more likely outcome!) but I could have sworn he had to manage a knee injury while with us, which restricted his training.

If so, I *really* can't blame him for taking the higher contract offer while he could.
Agree - although if he knew potentially limited time, I hope he's invested much of it as wisely as he was able to.

fatso

I think your right, but this injury sounds like a sudden rupture rather than a continuation of an existing problem (but what do I know)
Either way i imagine it's going to be difficult for the Lad to get another long term contract, so I sure hope he's saved some money.
Such a pity, he was a good player for us, and will always be remembered for that "worldy" in the play final at Wembley.

baldy

My bro's mates with Willis' cousin & apparently Jordan had a home visit from the Sunderland physio to just do even basic stretching exercises & broke down in pain everytime - think he's had to admit his career's virtually over & is apparently gonna try & get into coaching back in Brum as he hates Sunderland because it's a dump

slowpoke

He has had a lot of long term injuries in his career held him back whilst he was here and again at Sunderland, shame for the lad.

better days

My bro's mates with Willis' cousin & apparently Jordan had a home visit from the Sunderland physio to just do even basic stretching exercises & broke down in pain everytime - think he's had to admit his career's virtually over & is apparently gonna try & get into coaching back in Brum as he hates Sunderland because it's a dump
I had heard his injury was one of the worst of its kind and that there were then complications after the surgery
Poor lad, I really feel for him

Frostie

Real shame, was a good servant for us.

Fair play Sunderland too for extending his contract, they knew he likely wouldn't play much if at all this season but at least that keeps him with some security whilst he attempts rehabilitation.

Fingers crossed for him.

vow

While at City I remember either Mowbray or MR saying he had an ongoing injury problem that had to be 'managed' each day/week.

Genuinely feel for him as he is a good defender (not so much his distribution).

AFCCOVENTRY

I had heard his injury was one of the worst of its kind and that there were then complications after the surgery
Poor lad, I really feel for him

Yes. I heard that he won’t make it back as a pro footballer. His injury is career ending and made more difficult with his existing injuries he’s been managing. Feel for him. Good lad

Mr Panda

One of my favourite academy graduates in recent years. As alluded to above he was pivotal in a few of the moments which helped us along the way to where we are now and that cannot be forgotten.

Only 26 so out of hope I've got my fingers crossed he can yet recover and salvage a career in football a year down the line from now.

junglej13

Seem to recall when we were relegated under Thorn he played the final game of the season at Southampton. Skysports had him linked with most top Premier League teams. Stayed around longer than most have and am sure would have had more lucrative options in his younger days.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread