Jordan Shipley (1 Viewer)

Adge

Well on his last 2 games he has to be in the team on Tuesday if fit.
That sometimes doesn’t help his cause. Doesn’t seem able to last the full 90 even when he has had a regular run of games in the first team.

Grendel

Robins was practically getting off with him when he came off.

By a stretch, the last two games he has been fantastic. Proved me and many people wrong. Perhaps it will be the same with MR.

hes out of contract in the summer - it’s laughable if we offer a new one as we’ve purchased an experienced LWB

lordy_87

I definitely thought he wasn't up to this level (he still probably isn't) but he's really given Robins something to think about with his last two games. Goal yesterday was fucking thunderous.

IIRC he started out as a left sided player didn't he? Maybe that's where he's best suited. He needs to play regularly though and unless we see a remarkable resurgence from him he's going to need to leave to do that. Good luck to him.

One of our own

Walsgrave

Can also be used at left back in a back four - he made his first start against Blackburn in he Carabao a few years back and didn't play too badly. Not to mention that he was then used at left wing in a 4-4-2 that season, with great success.

Samo

It's a difficult one with Shipley, and hard not to let sentiment get in the way.
We know he won't maintain this form, and we know he struggles to get through 90 minutes. But... he does have a goal in him and as we have seen in the last two games, can perform well on his day. It is also nice to have fan representation in the squad. So I guess the question is...
Can we afford to keep someone who will be used sparingly and will often be a passenger? My answer is no, not where we are right now. If we want to progress, every place in the squad is vital.
I would love to see him stay and flourish, so I hope I'm wrong.

shmmeee

It's a difficult one with Shipley, and hard not to let sentiment get in the way.
We know he won't maintain this form, and we know he struggles to get through 90 minutes. But... he does have a goal in him and as we have seen in the last two games, can perform well on his day. It is also nice to have fan representation in the squad. So I guess the question is...
Can we afford to keep someone who will be used sparingly and will often be a passenger? My answer is no, not where we are right now. If we want to progress, every place in the squad is vital.
I would love to see him stay and flourish, so I hope I'm wrong.

Dont think a cheap backup LWB is carrying TBH. Means we can invest elsewhere.

Gint11

I agree. I think Shipley’s on his way out regardless of the game time he gets. We can’t promise him regular first team games week in week out.

better days

I agree. I think Shipley’s on his way out regardless of the game time he gets. We can’t promise him regular first team games week in week out.
There is interest and as the lad himself says he wants to play
The sticking point is the fee
If the manager is happy to let him go to get games it can probably be resolved

CDK

Wouldn't like to call this one as he seems to stop us writing him off when given a chance,if we stick with the box formation maybe he should start ahead of Allen who in front of goal seems less reliable in front of goal right now.

Warwickhunt

I think I disagree with that. In the first half adomah had the beating of him, and should’ve scored.
Things definitely improved but not sure if that was down to Shipley or not.
Having said that I think Shipley had done really well the last couple of games. I wasn’t sure why he was taken off because he appeared ‘in the zone’ and was involved in a lot of good play. As well as scoring an absolute belter of course!
Their 2nd was a really well worked goal.

Edit: there’s no disgrace in struggling at times against adomah.
Adohma tore us a new one at QPR! So was pleased how we handled him by keeping Shippers tight to the line most of the 1st half it stropped him changing forward.

higgs

There is interest and as the lad himself says he wants to play
The sticking point is the fee
If the manager is happy to let him go to get games it can probably be resolved
He won't get much game time here now that we have signed a left back once he settles in can't see Shipley being happy on the bench all the time. What kind of a fee are we looking at roughly?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

better days

He won't get much game time here now that we have signed a left back once he settles in can't see Shipley being happy on the bench all the time. What kind of a fee are we looking at roughly?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
No idea unfortunately
This sort of info is normally only discovered when leaked by agents

rob9872

We've got a tough Feb coming up and he's fresh. I'd not be surprised if its not the fee but get some use out of him whilst squadvis thinner. Could well be involved on Tuesday, see what the injury table looks like after that and still flog him just before the deadline.

stevefloyd

I was champing at the bit for him to be moved on but now he has gone back to the old Shipley he has showed us he can perform, whether its on a regular basis is another thing but that strike on Saturday was absolutely stunning. If he can keep this standard up he could be a worthwhile squad member...but the thing thats soooo infuriating is where was this Shipley when he was given chance after chance before?

1ccfc

Again showing versatility today playing in another position. Left footed, good age, surly wages won't be massive. I think he's worth a new contract.

Users who are viewing this thread