Jordan Shipley (1 Viewer)

steve101

He looks far better at wingback than in midfield. If he focuses on this as his position he may have a future at this level.

djr8369

He looks far better at wingback than in midfield. If he focuses on this as his position he may have a future at this level.
He broke into the side playing left sided midfield and he’s not got the attributes to be a CM at this level so why not.

Grendel

we’ve signed his replacement so no he doesn’t

Grendel

Fuck me have a day off!! He’s done well last to games and whilst a swallow doesn’t make a summer give credit when it’s due.

Er I’ve never criticised him but robins wants him gone

Hertsccfc

Maybe only Sheaf played better than him and what a goal. It's frustrating because clearly he can play at this level but often last season he was too passive in games.

stay_up_skyblues

Given how he strikes a ball he’s not a bad utility player to have in the squad. Can play a few positions as he’s shown and traditionally has been good one out of every four games he plays.

Based on the last two he can actually offer something at this level and he will be a low earner so I see no reason not to keep him around now.

It’s Bidwell’s position but if it was a toss up between keeping Maatsen on (who I think will be a premier league player one day) or Shipley for this season I’d go for the latter given his versatility. If we’re as skint as it seems we are then that’s sensible surely?

Maybe a moot point as we probably can’t send Maatsen back contractually. Unless of course he gets recalled this month due to likely lack of game time.

Warwickhunt

Shippers kept Adohma quiet most of the match but as you say sod law Shippers goes off injured and Adohma scores.

Blind-Faith

When maatsen goes back to Chelsea , and I can’t believe I’m about to say this, but I’d give Shipley another contract and keep him as back up LWB. Wasn’t sure after Peterborough as he played well but against weak opposition, today proved he can do it against better teams. Even without the screamer of a goal he played well. No doubting he’s got some quality in that left foot of his.

pusbccfc

Would be harsh to drop him Tuesday.

shmmeee

When maatsen goes back to Chelsea , and I can’t believe I’m about to say this, but I’d give Shipley another contract and keep him as back up LWB. Wasn’t sure after Peterborough as he played well but against weak opposition, today proved he can do it against better teams. Even without the screamer of a goal he played well. No doubting he’s got some quality in that left foot of his.

We’ve got a year option I think.

rob9872

I'm sure after the last two games he won't mind me sharing, but Derby was supposed to be his last. He filled in last week but was still due to go to Bolton on Monday loaned to the end of the season. With others out and until JB had signed, he was sticking around then another club have put a bid in to take permanently, certainly wasn't expecting to be in today's squad. After that today who knows, anything is possible and it will be Robbo who'll make the decision. I'm biased of course before anyone says and I'd love him to stay, but he's 24 and needs to play regularly, so I still expect him to go and drop a level.

Adge

Fair play to him-a great strike today and played well in the last 2 games.
Gets a bit of a free pass now and again because of the “one of our own” cobblers which he uses as leverage in my opinion.
If we want to progress he needs to go.

better days

Robins has changed his mind on players in the past
Jamie Allen for example
I thought Shippers was going
Time will tell but the manager will do what's right for the club

Last edited:

slowpoke

Will be Maatsens replacement once his loan expires. Rotation between Bidwell and Shipperz at LWB. There’s the solution. Don’t understand why there’s so much fuss.
Don’t think so Bidwell will cement that position down just as Kane his, if a decent bid comes in I think Shipley will be let go,

Hertsccfc

I'm sure after the last two games he won't mind me sharing, but Derby was supposed to be his last. He filled in last week but was still due to go to Bolton on Monday loaned to the end of the season. With others out and until JB had signed, he was sticking around then another club have put a bid in to take permanently, certainly wasn't expecting to be in today's squad. After that today who knows, anything is possible and it will be Robbo who'll make the decision. I'm biased of course before anyone says and I'd love him to stay, but he's 24 and needs to play regularly, so I still expect him to go and drop a level.
If he can play like he did today he really doesn't need to drop a level. Maybe it has just taken him time to adjust to the Championship. It was similar in League 1.

rob9872

If he can play like he did today he really doesn't need to drop a level. Maybe it has just taken him time to adjust to the Championship. It was similar in League 1.
I agree but he needs to be playing and much as I'd love him to, I can't see him a regular starter in our side. At full strength this is our best side for as long as I can remember. I still think we can make play offs too.

Liquid Gold

To be honest now would probably be the time for him to go, leave on a high after a screamer and the arena singing his name rather than sitting back in the reserves then going in the summer.

Will be another I'll always be grateful for bringing us back.

pusbccfc

To be honest now would probably be the time for him to go, leave on a high after a screamer and the arena singing his name rather than sitting back in the reserves then going in the summer.

Will be another I'll always be grateful for bringing us back.

I actually think it's a worse time to go as I think there will be uproar from many.

Terry_dactyl

Shippers kept Adohma quiet most of the match but as you say sod law Shippers goes off injured and Adohma scores.
I think I disagree with that. In the first half adomah had the beating of him, and should’ve scored.
Things definitely improved but not sure if that was down to Shipley or not.
Having said that I think Shipley had done really well the last couple of games. I wasn’t sure why he was taken off because he appeared ‘in the zone’ and was involved in a lot of good play. As well as scoring an absolute belter of course!
Their 2nd was a really well worked goal.

Edit: there’s no disgrace in struggling at times against adomah.

Garryb80

I think I disagree with that. In the first half adomah had the beating of him, and should’ve scored.
Things definitely improved but not sure if that was down to Shipley or not.
Having said that I think Shipley had done really well the last couple of games. I wasn’t sure why he was taken off because he appeared ‘in the zone’ and was involved in a lot of good play. As well as scoring an absolute belter of course!
Their 2nd was a really well worked goal.

Edit: there’s no disgrace in struggling at times against adomah.
He went off as he got injured

letsallsingtogether

Well on his last 2 games he has to be in the team on Tuesday if fit.

Users who are viewing this thread