Jones/Andreu (1 Viewer)

Ashdown

People have to understand how hard it is to come back from serious injury and get match fit
U23 games are better than nothing but not by much
It's the resilience that's hardest to regain
Look at Jones
He's come on twice and livened things up but ran out of steam within minutes and was struggling to get up and down
It will come but the only way is by doing the hard yards
No wonder he was knackered, they gave him the ball to run with at every opportunity.

east_midlands_skyblue

His decision making yesterday was poor... pressing at the wrong time, releasing the ball at the wrong time, passing when a shot was the better option. That said, I can see some quality in there above that of most our other players... perhaps another player that needs a goal (like Chaplin, Thomas and to an extent Bayliss) to boost confidence and self-belief.

rob9872

Fair enough. Tommy Widdrington told me about what a player he'd be tbf, I tend to believe there's more to come and as a 30 year old his recovery is slower. Let's hope so anyway
I've just picked that name back up for you ;-)

clint van damme

On the ball in the wrong areas ?! He's either a player or he isn't !

if your playing someone behind the main striker you ideally need to get them on the ball in the space between the midfield and the defence.
Andrue spent a lot of time picking the ball up very deep.
Admittedly when we did get him on the ball in the areas I'm talking about he still wasn't very productive on Tuesday.

Captain Dart

What happened to the having Andreu & Jones back will be like signing 2 new players posters?

SkyBlueCRJ

In the off-season I was wary whether Andreu would be the same this season and got the odd know-it-all thinking my opinion was utterly unfounded. Not that I revel in Andreu's demise but.... I told you so. Suffering an ACL tear when you're knocking on the door of 30 for many would be career ending so he's lucky he's even out on the pitch. Fingers crossed he can get back to where he should be fitness-wise but I have serious reservations. We don't have time to wait for a player to get fit all season in the hope they may have an impact....not unless we want to catch Joe Coleitus again.

Skyblueweeman

What happened to the having Andreu & Jones back will be like signing 2 new players posters?

Andreu I guess has been disappointing. I still think that he might still come good. It's a long time to come back from. I'm hoping he's just taking longer than others as no one recovers the same way.

Jones is literally just back into the fold. Give him a chance!

covcity4life

the tactics are dissapointing not andreu. dont tell me andreu wouldnt be immense under bielsa at leeds for e.g

not saying robins needs to go 100% free flowing but our football is turd to watch

SlowerThanPlatt

the tactics are dissapointing not andreu. dont tell me andreu wouldnt be immense under bielsa at leeds for e.g

not saying robins needs to go 100% free flowing but our football is turd to watch

Biesla’s teams are built around an intense press including the forward players. How do you come to the conclusion he would be immense for them in a division higher but not for us if his fitness levels are being questioned?

covcity4life

Biesla’s teams are built around an intense press including the forward players. How do you come to the conclusion he would be immense for them in a division higher but not for us if his fitness levels are being questioned?
hes not match fit yet, its nothing more than that imo. big injury he came back from. More he plays better he will get if we play style of football that suits him. passing on the ground. he will never be a super athlete but hes no worse than shipley who always seems off pace yet is heralded on here for being a hard worker

Grendel

In the off-season I was wary whether Andreu would be the same this season and got the odd know-it-all thinking my opinion was utterly unfounded. Not that I revel in Andreu's demise but.... I told you so. Suffering an ACL tear when you're knocking on the door of 30 for many would be career ending so he's lucky he's even out on the pitch. Fingers crossed he can get back to where he should be fitness-wise but I have serious reservations. We don't have time to wait for a player to get fit all season in the hope they may have an impact....not unless we want to catch Joe Coleitus again.

Has it actually been a demise. He looks the same as the few games we saw last season

Captain Dart

Andreu I guess has been disappointing. I still think that he might still come good. It's a long time to come back from. I'm hoping he's just taking longer than others as no one recovers the same way.

Jones is literally just back into the fold. Give him a chance!

Hey, I was only criticising the unfounded optimism often shown by fans in pre-season, not the players themselves.
Jones definitely has a way to go with fitness, Andreu has not exactly set the world alight.

Nick

Administrator
Hey, I was only criticising the unfounded optimism often shown by fans in pre-season, not the players themselves.
Jones definitely has a way to go with fitness, Andreu has not exactly set the world alight.

Have you seen either?

Nick

Administrator
The issue with Andreu is how is being utilised.

He isn't going to work with a target man as he isn't a player who is going to want to be running in behind for the flick ons. He should be the link between midfield and strikers, it doesn't work when he looks up and there is just a target man in front of him and about 4 defenders.

He is better than Doyle at set pieces too, so not sure why he isn't on them when he plays?

Nick

Administrator
People are allowed to form opinions Nick from reading reports, feedback on here etc....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It usually helps to have seen them play though to form an opinion. Nothing worse than the types who discuss films they have never seen based on something they saw on social media.

Sky Blue Harry H

It usually helps to have seen them play though to form an opinion. Nothing worse than the types who discuss films they have never seen based on something they saw on social media.

I agree 'Debbie does Dallas' was grossly overrated.

SkyBlueCRJ

Has it actually been a demise. He looks the same as the few games we saw last season

If I'm honest I have no idea I never saw Andreu play at the beginning of last season but judging from the comments you'd think he was the second coming so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt

Skyblueweeman

Yeah, sort of. But I've not been to any games yet this season. I think I'm sound enough to say that we'v not been playing amazingly, despite not having seen them play.

Users who are viewing this thread