Jones/Andreu (1 Viewer)

standupforcity

The prospect of seeing Jones and Andreu back in the line up is pretty exciting. To think that we went practically the whole season without them, and what massive talents they are....it shows how well Robins and the squad did to still get promotion. I think the future is bright for next season, with our new prospects and if J&A can remain injury free.

Magwitch

Jones yes Andrue ?? Not sure to be honest, not seen enough of him to give an opinion but hopefully will do the business, will be interesting how that pans out he’s up against Doyle, Kelly, Shipley, Bayliss and the new kid Westbrooke of course for centre midfield and there’s also Bosma too, still a nice problem for Robins to have.

Sbarcher

Will they both be ready for the season kick-off?

Magwitch

Thought one don’t know which was virtually ready for the play-offs, champing at the bit according to Robins.

pastythegreat

Ke
Jones yes Andrue ?? Not sure to be honest, not seen enough of him to give an opinion but hopefully will do the business, will be interesting how that pans out he’s up against Doyle, Kelly, Shipley, Bayliss and the new kid Westbrooke of course for centre midfield and there’s also Bosma too, still a nice problem for Robins to have.
Kelly and Doyle and defensive midfielders, Westbrook and bosma are here more as squad/u23 players Shipley has been/will be deployed out wide as will Bayliss IF he's still here

better days

Thought one don’t know which was virtually ready for the play-offs, champing at the bit according to Robins.
Andreau had his injury 2 months before Jones and was back in training at the end of last season
Robins quite rightly didn't risk bringing him back too early as the guys in his position were doing well anyway in the run in

Reactions: vow

stevefloyd

Still not seen enough in Andreu but in Robins we trust...If Robins says my ex isn't a 2 timing whore I believe him !!

Esoterica

Andreu's cameo away at Chesterfield gave a glimpse of what he can do on the ball. His little look up and first time reverse pass to put McNulty through was excellent and a different level of vision to anything else we had last season - none of the midfield you list are the type to unlock a defence with a single pass. He also showed he had an eye for goal too with his outside of the box finish vs Shrewsbury. He'll still need time at the start of next season to get matches in his legs but the limited chances he had he showed a creativity and technique that we missed for much of the season, even before Jones injury. I'm more excited about seeing him alongside McNulty than I am Jones.

Warwickhunt

Andreau will be available and will probably be on the subs bench but i think Jonesy will not be ready until early october IMHO

Nick

Administrator
Even though Andreu played a couple of games he still wasn't fully match fit.

You could tell he had a decent touch and could pick a pass, nice goal against Shrewsbury too. Might be an option from free kicks and set pieces too.

Magwitch

[QUOTE="Warwickhunt, post: 1560634, member: 4907
i think Jonesy will not be ready until early october IMHO[/QUOTE]
Be a nice addition to the team, we’ll be 5 points clear at the top by then

fatso

Which ever way Robins decides to play, we are sure going to have some impressive talent on the bench, As well as the option to rest and rotate players when needs be, That’s something we’ve missed for quite a while.

better days

Andreau will be available and will probably be on the subs bench but i think Jonesy will not be ready until early october IMHO
Too early to say
Jones recovery has gone well and he's been training over the summer but things will become clearer once he starts training with the group again

Gibbo

McNulty

Jones - Andreu - Bayliss*​

*or new signing

Now that would be a pretty exciting front line.[/QUOTE
McNulty is not a sole striker. He needs someone to feed off; that is the point of Mac and JCH.

Magwitch

Looking at our present squad we now have a number of options as to how we set out to play and permutations we play, strong defence options and in midfield area do we play Doyle Kelly Andrue together should be good, then what about Bayliss and Shipley and with Jones to add in when fit and then there’s the unknowns like Bosma, Allassini, Westbrooke and Sterling if he signs. With the possibility of further signings I’m starting to get impatient for August to arrive

woody11462

My only concern with Andreu is where he would fit in. I think McNulty looks better as part of a front two. He's unlikely to replace Doyle or Kelly in a deeper role and isn't really a winger (but I wouldn't have said Bayliss or Shiperley were). He's ideal playing central in a 4-2-3-1 but are we losing out on a more effective McNulty?

Mucca Mad Boys

My only concern with Andreu is where he would fit in. I think McNulty looks better as part of a front two. He's unlikely to replace Doyle or Kelly in a deeper role and isn't really a winger (but I wouldn't have said Bayliss or Shiperley were). He's ideal playing central in a 4-2-3-1 but are we losing out on a more effective McNulty?

McNulty has already formed a successful partnership with Andreu in a 4-2-3-1, Robins emphasised their past experience when signing him. Last season, 4-4-2 undoubtedly got the most out of the team, and Andreu was the missing piece for that system in my view. McNulty and Beavon never clicked, the same as Nazon and McNulty. They both seemed to do better when Biamou was around — someone needs to be able to create space for them.

I imagine the midfield to look something like this when everyone is fit, based on what we have now:

Bayliss Doyle
Jones Andreu/Allassani Shipley

Expecting Allassani to start the season off (unless he impresses in preseason) as an impact sub because the step up from Dulwich’s league to L1 was quite large — a role he’ll probably suit initially. We’ll probably look to be a bit more expansive in L1 like in Robins’ first spell, hence the balance of Doyle and Bayliss in the middle. Andreu seems to be a bit of a ‘pivot’ player so that’d suit that line up with the runners we’d have. That said, if we kept Kelly and Doyle together, Bayliss would probably remain on the right (Jones on the left) or playing behind the striker (not sure if that’d suit him) flanked by Jones and Shipley.

Things could change, we need a right footed winger and a central midfielder so we need to wait and see what the window brings, which could also see Bayliss leaving too.

All in all, we need the competition in the squad and different options if the goal is promotion next season. 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1 need to be used or even a system with wingbacks (unlikely) at times. Last season, the team picked itself really (injuries didn’t help) and that probably exposed us a bit — especially when we had no one to play on the right!

fernandopartridge

Andreau had his injury 2 months before Jones and was back in training at the end of last season
Robins quite rightly didn't risk bringing him back too early as the guys in his position were doing well anyway in the run in

I said on another thread, I spoke to Tommy Widdrington in a hotel near Wembley after the game. He was a nice fella but said he really rates Andreu, reckons he'll do the business for us in L1

fernandopartridge

McNulty has already formed a successful partnership with Andreu in a 4-2-3-1, Robins emphasised their past experience when signing him. Last season, 4-4-2 undoubtedly got the most out of the team, and Andreu was the missing piece for that system in my view. McNulty and Beavon never clicked, the same as Nazon and McNulty. They both seemed to do better when Biamou was around — someone needs to be able to create space for them.

I imagine the midfield to look something like this when everyone is fit, based on what we have now:

Bayliss Doyle
Jones Andreu/Allassani Shipley

Expecting Allassani to start the season off (unless he impresses in preseason) as an impact sub because the step up from Dulwich’s league to L1 was quite large — a role he’ll probably suit initially. We’ll probably look to be a bit more expansive in L1 like in Robins’ first spell, hence the balance of Doyle and Bayliss in the middle. Andreu seems to be a bit of a ‘pivot’ player so that’d suit that line up with the runners we’d have. That said, if we kept Kelly and Doyle together, Bayliss would probably remain on the right (Jones on the left) or playing behind the striker (not sure if that’d suit him) flanked by Jones and Shipley.

Things could change, we need a right footed winger and a central midfielder so we need to wait and see what the window brings, which could also see Bayliss leaving too.

All in all, we need the competition in the squad and different options if the goal is promotion next season. 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1 need to be used or even a system with wingbacks (unlikely) at times. Last season, the team picked itself really (injuries didn’t help) and that probably exposed us a bit — especially when we had no one to play on the right!

It'll be Kelly and Doyle. In Robins' first spell he had Jennings and Bailey as deeper midfielders.

Nick

Administrator
Jennings, last played for Warrington Town on loan from Southport. Same level as Bedworth United.

giphy.gif

Magwitch

Think we forget Andrue is the equivalent of a new signing okay he’s coming back from a long term injury but that’s no different to Junior Brown or Allassini, had we just signed him most would be over the moon and salivating at him joining.

the rumpo kid

Does anyone have an update on the fitness of jones and andreu? Will they both be ready for the start of the season or will we be hearing they're a few weeks behind the rest of the squad.

chiefdave

Does anyone have an update on the fitness of jones and andreu? Will they both be ready for the start of the season or will we be hearing they're a few weeks behind the rest of the squad.
Jones keeps posting on social media that he can't wait for the season to start so I would assume he's ready to start pre-season and as Andreu was before him I would guess he will be too.

larry_david

Both injuries were really blows to our season but it gave Shipley and bayliss a chance and they've taken it. I criticised Shipley on here after crewe away as someone who bottled challenges and sure enough he was given a rest but he's come back so good. Attacking play touches, through balls assists and goals. Could be a real asset this coming season. But yer andreu should pre season with everyone else, i guess Jones is close but wouldn't surprise me if we didn't see him just yet

Users who are viewing this thread