Jonathan Panzo incoming… (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mucca Mad Boys

I cant remember anyone saying that about Moore based on pre season performances.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

@shmmeee was having a meltdown every preseason game.

In most of Moore’s detractors defence, he did look quite dodgy and that was our first impression of him.

Another reason us all to not get too carried away in preseason. It’s about fitness, gelling the team and developing the style of play. Results are not that important here.

shmmeee

@shmmeee was having a meltdown every preseason game.

In most of Moore’s detractors defence, he did look quite dodgy and that was our first impression of him.

Another reason us all to not get too carried away in preseason. It’s about fitness, gelling the team and developing the style of play. Results are not that important here.

To be fair at one point it became a meme that I went with. I did think he was shit against Sevilla though.

Short Jarni

Panzo got on for 25 mins in Forests friendly against Burton last night. Still seems part of the set up there, so I'd doubt anything would happen with him this week.
Alternatively, we are pursuing another target and we've all made the assumption from SBB comments that Panzo is the target?

SkyBlueGuy

One inexperienced CB is manageable, two is asking too much IMO. I’m hoping the next one is more a JCS type of loan where they’ve been around a little bit.

Not taking issue with your point, but where is the boundary between experienced and inexperienced? Maatsen came to us last year with a similar level of experience as Doyle. Both young and with a year in league 1 as well as international football. I know people's opinions of Maatsen differ, but I think the consensus was that he was good enough for the championship.

JCS had some championship experience, although hardly played towards the end of his spell with Birmingham, so I'm not sure how valuable that was?

shmmeee

Not taking issue with your point, but where is the boundary between experienced and inexperienced? Maatsen came to us last year with a similar level of experience as Doyle. Both young and with a year in league 1 as well as international football. I know people's opinions of Maatsen differ, but I think the consensus was that he was good enough for the championship.

JCS had some championship experience, although hardly played towards the end of his spell with Birmingham, so I'm not sure how valuable that was?

I think you can cover inexperience at WB in a way you can’t with CB. I wouldn’t mind them both in to compete but I’d be worried about a Hyam Panzo Doyle back three, and as they’re both left footed you couldn’t really do a Panzo Fadz Doyle back line.

TBH I’m more concerned with a LWB than another CB if there’s nothing out there clearly a step up from Hyam and Fadz.

KenilworthSkyBlue

We need another center half so why not?

JCS had played a rough equivalent of a full season of Championship football whilst on loan at previous clubs and probably would've played more if it wasn't for injury.

Panzo is a funny one. Granted he was very well thought of in his youth career but he hasn't pushed on at all really since then. The fact he was moved on after two years at both Monaco and Dijon certainly begs the question that if he had that much potential/talent then why move him on?

Admittedly I don't know the reasoning behind both exits so there could potentially be more to it but on the face of it, it's hardly an encouraging sign.

But regardless he's a player that is somewhat of an unknown.

junglej13

If this next loan target is Panzo I think it's important we push for an option to sign him permanently (which I'm hoping is what we are doing at the minute). Otherwise next summer we will be in the same position again with no left sided centre back on the books.

KenilworthSkyBlue

If this next loan target is Panzo I think it's important we push for an option to sign him permanently (which I'm hoping is what we are doing at the minute). Otherwise next summer we will be in the same position again with no left sided centre back on the books.

Why would Forest agree to that when they only signed him in January?

junglej13

Why would Forest agree to that when they only signed him in January?
He was signed when they were a Championship club. Forest fans seem to think he has looked decent in the brief glimpses they have seen of him and say Cooper likes him. Realistically he isn't going to play in the Premier League I would imagine but if he went on loan and played in the Championship for a season you could see how his value would increase. Skybluebeliever seemed to suggest we are pushing for an option on whoever this target is but sounds like the selling club may not be keen on this. This could certainly apply to Panzo.

SBT

I wouldn’t mind them both in to compete but I’d be worried about a Hyam Panzo Doyle back three, and as they’re both left footed you couldn’t really do a Panzo Fadz Doyle back line.

Man, I hope things never get so bad here that we have to play a CB on one side of the back 3 when they favour a different foot!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I would be happy with Panzo. Would leave us with:

LCB: Doyle, Panzo
CB: Fadz, Hyam
RCB: Hyam, Rose

Good depth. Isn't this what people wanted?

We wouldn't have to play Dabo or Bidwell at CB like we did last year.

That's not really strengthening the defence really is it? Some kids as back up does help with depth but that's about it. If anything our starting defence would be weaker than last season with JCS gone, who wasn't even that crash hot in the first place anyway.

Duffys Tetralogy

That's not really strengthening the defence really is it? Some kids as back up does help with depth but that's about it. If anything our starting defence would be weaker than last season with JCS gone, who wasn't even that crash hot in the first place anyway.

Depends...

Swansea fans slated Gyokeres and he hardly played for them. Birmingham fans laughed at us signing JCS. Charlton fans said Maatsen will struggle with the step up to the championship.

Just because they arrive with doubts against them doesn't mean anything. Our coaching team have a strong track record of improving players rapidly.

We can't really say it's stronger/weaker until they've been given a fair crack at it.

Samo

Depends...

Swansea fans slated Gyokeres and he hardly played for them. Birmingham fans laughed at us signing JCS. Charlton fans said Maatsen will struggle with the step up to the championship.

Just because they arrive with doubts against them doesn't mean anything. Our coaching team have a strong track record of improving players rapidly.

We can't really say it's stronger/weaker until they've been given a fair crack at it.

So fans of other clubs are just as reactive, judgmental and thick as ours then! Who knew? 🤔

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Depends...

This Gyökeres copy paste argument is getting a bit boring.

The point is, our defence is probably the weakest area of the pitch. We need first team quality in there and at the moment we are signing essentially development players. Whether they are slightly better or slightly worse isn't really the point as we need significant improvement.

procdoc

This Gyökeres copy paste argument is getting a bit boring.

The point is, our defence is probably the weakest area of the pitch. We need first team quality in there and at the moment we are signing essentially development players. Whether they are slightly better or slightly worse isn't really the point as we need significant improvement.
We can’t afford significant improvement. Players like that Collins who was at Burnley are going for 20 million quid

SkyBlueGuy

Honestly when JCS got himself up to speed I thought he was excellent last season. He would just waltz over to players (often without them realising) and take the ball off of them with very little drama. Overall he was still a good addition to the squad in my opinion. I also suspect Doyle could turn out to be a very shrewd loan signing. Sunderland fans rated him highly that's for sure.

Ultimately if that's what Robins has opted for, I trust his judgement. He has definitely earned the benefit of the doubt from us fans by now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread