Jon Venables recalled to prison (1 Viewer)

Astute

Can't help thinking if you have that capability for evil at 10 it isn't going anywhere
You don't know.

There was 2 of them. One has settled into life without any major problems. The other one the total opposite.

Makes you think of how one could have been forced into it by the other. Or went along with it until it got more serious.

I don't have a problem with a 10 uear old who has gone the right way. But I have a major problem with one that has always gone the wrong way.

Sick Boy

Well it was Sickboy (the one who liked your post) who derailed the thread by claiming that people who wanted capital punishment for Venables are as bad as people who want capital punishment for gays and atheists. Now that is pretty sick and he deserved to get called out on such an outrageous comment. But hey, you keep those blinkers on.

People who believe that a child should be executed are pretty extreme, wouldn't you say?

People like me will be to blame for the UK being under Sharia? Hahaha shut up you bigot.

Sick Boy

I haven't seen anyone say execute a 10 year old. But that after years of him re offending that he will never be safe for others on the outside.

There should be a law that when someone gets life (yeah OK) and gets released that they are one step away from having to serve life. One more serious crime and that is it. Anyone who can change will. Those who are mentally wired up the wrong way or just don't care would soon be off our streets.

Yes they did, look at the start of the thread. I agree with the rest of your post though. JV should be kept locked up indefinitely, as I've already said.

Sick Boy

You don't know.

There was 2 of them. One has settled into life without any major problems. The other one the total opposite.

Makes you think of how one could have been forced into it by the other. Or went along with it until it got more serious.

I don't have a problem with a 10 uear old who has gone the right way. But I have a major problem with one that has always gone the wrong way.

I was surprised to read the other day that Venebles was the one who supposedly went along with it and RT was the ringleader.

Astute

Yes they did, look at the start of the thread. I agree with the rest of your post though. JV should be kept locked up indefinitely, as I've already said.
One person once.

Astute

I was surprised to read the other day that Venebles was the one who supposedly went along with it and RT was the ringleader.
More of a chance of making him sound not as bad. Poor little mite.

singers_pore

People who believe that a child should be executed are pretty extreme, wouldn't you say?

People like me will be to blame for the UK being under Sharia? Hahaha shut up you bigot.

I oppose an ideology that advocates the murder of gays, Jews, and atheists, and treats women as third class citizens. I have been an immigrant for half of my working life, I have worked in two Muslim countries, my wife is Asian, and more than half my friends are non-white. I am a University professor who has published research on gender discrimination and on racism in politics. And yet, according to you, I am a bigot.

In fact it is you who is the bigot because you refuse to acknowledge the reality of Islam. If we were living in the 1930s I would be saying that Catholicism is the worst religion due to its rampant anti Semitism and its clear links with Fascism. Presumably you wouldn’t have an issue with that. Yet when it comes to Islam you and others refuse to acknowledge the problems. That’s the racism of low expectations. You're the bigot.

Sick Boy

I oppose an ideology that advocates the murder of gays, Jews, and atheists, and treats women as third class citizens. I have been an immigrant for half of my working life, I have worked in two Muslim countries, my wife is Asian, and more than half my friends are non-white. I am a University professor who has published research on gender discrimination and on racism in politics. And yet, according to you, I am a bigot.

In fact it is you who is the bigot because you refuse to acknowledge the reality of Islam. If we were living in the 1930s I would be saying that Catholicism is the worst religion due to its rampant anti Semitism and its clear links with Fascism. Presumably you wouldn’t have an issue with that. Yet when it comes to Islam you and others refuse to acknowledge the problems. That’s the racism of low expectations. You're the bigot.

Yeah, whatever. You're still a bigot whatever you say and attempt to tar all Muslims with the same brush with that of extremists.

eastwoodsdustman

Apparently the psychologists thought that Venables was less likely to re offend than Thompson with one reason being that his home life was less chaotic and less violent than Thompsons had been.

Covstu

Lets face it the prison system is rehabilitating virtually no one. Its also not acting as much of a punishment / deterrent.

Maybe time for a rethink, what are the alternatives?
Hook them up to a huge generator and let their bodies power big machines...

Marty

I think that his identity needs to be released now for our safety and to force them to keep him in prison until the day he dies.

His sentence was far too lenient originally, he cant/won't reform. He's been given enough opportunities now.

stupot07

I think that his identity needs to be released now for our safety and to force them to keep him in prison until the day he dies.

His sentence was far too lenient originally, he cant/won't reform. He's been given enough opportunities now.
I had the same debate at work. Whilst it was probably right for them to be given new identities on release having commuted the heinous offence as children, he has now committed 2 further serious offences as an adult and has been shown not have been rehabilitated and for me not longer deserves anonymity just like any other adult offender. Yes, he will be a target, but so is any other child killer (Ian huntley) or child sex offender.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Malaka

At the time of sentencing, a court could not sentence him to more than 12 months due to his age. You can only sentence them to Her Majesties Pleasure should you wish them to serve longer.
I have worked in a children's secure unit and with kids that you have read about and seen on television for the most terrible crimes and not all of them are bad and now lead normal lives within society and have children of their own. Each kid has their own story.

With reference to the Bulger killers I would say that society has a lot to answer for.

Why were two ten year olds walking through a town centre without an adult on a school day and no one noticed or challenged them or reported them?
They did not attend school for 8 months, no one visited their parents house to see why and check their home circumstances
Where were the parents?
Why didn't neighbours give a shit?

Yes what these boys did was horrific, I would ask where on earth would a ten year old child get the idea on torturing a toddler to death?
Where did they get the ideas from to do those horrific things to him?
Why did they show no mercy to a little boy who was terrified?
Children have no conception of the consequences of their actions, they just know at that age that they have been naughty.
As for some of the comments on here, whilst I agree with some of the sentiments, killing a child can never be a consequence of a crime and be a court sentence.

Nick

Administrator
I can understand about the school getting involved if they haven't been, although if I saw 2 youngish looking kids in town on a school day I'm not sure I'd do much about it as a member of the public.

That age is still primary and a couple of years older than mine, she isn't even allowed out of the street to go to the shop without us never mind going into town and wandering about on here own. I'd also like to think if she wasn't in school unreported for months the school would phone me to tell me, even if it was unreported for 1 day in case something had happened to her.

Macca

At the time of sentencing, a court could not sentence him to more than 12 months due to his age. You can only sentence them to Her Majesties Pleasure should you wish them to serve longer.
I have worked in a children's secure unit and with kids that you have read about and seen on television for the most terrible crimes and not all of them are bad and now lead normal lives within society and have children of their own. Each kid has their own story.

With reference to the Bulger killers I would say that society has a lot to answer for.

Why were two ten year olds walking through a town centre without an adult on a school day and no one noticed or challenged them or reported them?
They did not attend school for 8 months, no one visited their parents house to see why and check their home circumstances
Where were the parents?
Why didn't neighbours give a shit?

Yes what these boys did was horrific, I would ask where on earth would a ten year old child get the idea on torturing a toddler to death?
Where did they get the ideas from to do those horrific things to him?
Why did they show no mercy to a little boy who was terrified?
Children have no conception of the consequences of their actions, they just know at that age that they have been naughty.
As for some of the comments on here, whilst I agree with some of the sentiments, killing a child can never be a consequence of a crime and be a court sentence.

I have to bow to your superior knowledge and experience. I just can't fathom how someone who is capable of such depravity can completely reform. I mean I knew at 10 that torturing and killing someone was beyond wrong and wasn't just naughty. Anyway like I said no expert just my feelings

Users who are viewing this thread