Jon Sharp - BPA (2 Viewers)

Otis

Another thread on BPA. I will say although I live not too far from the Ricoh locationwise I'd love a home ground at the Butts which perhaps should have been seriously looked at years ago.Do people still think a major football stadium will get planning permission? and then get passed Westminster. Will take years
And we could be non league by then.

wingy

I wouldn't look too much into Ann's photo shoots.
The only
That's what I'm saying.

I wouldn't want us to move in and then CRFC fans feel like we do with Wasps. Walking in to see massive CCFC badges and pictures of Sam Ricketts all over the place.
Or worse, fuck there business model up,.
Turnover of £1.3M off roughly 1000 fans and commercial activity
They should give Fisher and Seppala lessons.
Probably dearer to buy them out than us.

Otis

That's not my attitude at all, is it.

A retirement village with a sports stadium on one side and busy railway line on the other, it was never going to be tranquil for people's salad days was it? Then look at the cost, "...prices for 40% shared ownership one bedroom properties start from £69,980..."

To me it seems the ones 'f**king' our senior citizens are the ones responsible for developing a completely inappropriate site - now let's see who was involved:

earlsdon-for-web.jpg

Oh... what a surprise!

I just noticed that Albert Einstein is in that picture.

Is that because he was the brains behind the project?

Nick

Administrator
How long will it be before there is a campaign to stop Millerchip from selling, like the stuff about selling the Ricoh?

Nick

Administrator
Watch it Nick, you'll get kicked out the club with rational thought like that.

It's OK, I am still head of the "Ann Lucas Photobomb Collector's Club". That's what really counts!

She can go "street"

popup-ann-lucas-formal-660.jpg

She can dig

Ground-breaking-132-2.jpg

arena.jpg

She can cut cakes:

images

She can go "party"

JS66633583.jpg

She knows about cars

JS32922747.jpg

She knows how to hold a mic.

image-5-for-parliamentary-elections-in-coventry-part-two-gallery-885704516.jpg

Disclaimer, this is no way intended as offensive to anybody. More a little light hearted.

If anybody does have a problem, come at me.

JS45576571.jpg

skybluetony176

That's what I'm getting at by saying call their bluff on it.

Get the trust and local media pushing for it, say how great it would be to play at the Butts and see where it goes ;)

Millerchip is already selling to Sharp, it just depends if he decides to try and put restrictions in to stop CCFC moving there. Which would be strange if he did.

Get behind what? A LR article and some factless comment's from TF to the SCG? What have we been given to get behind exactly? It's little more than a passing comment at this moment in time.

Nick

Administrator
Get behind what? A LR article and some factless comment's from TF to the SCG? What have we been given to get behind exactly? It's little more than a passing comment at this moment in time.

It also isn't just Fisher who has mentioned it.

which leads on to, yes fisher could be blagging to get a deal at the Ricoh.

So what is Sharp doing?

skybluetony176

How long will it be before there is a campaign to stop Millerchip from selling, like the stuff about selling the Ricoh?

I really don't think you could blame any CRFC fan for not wanting their club to get involved with SISU. Stopping CM selling to JS or selling with strict conditions regarding involvement with SISU could be a way to resolve that. I certainly wouldn't wish SISU on anyone and I'd be surprised if you would either.

Nick

Administrator
I really don't think you could blame any CRFC fan for not wanting their club to get involved with SISU. Stopping CM selling to JS or selling with strict conditions regarding involvement with SISU could be a way to resolve that. I certainly wouldn't wish SISU on anyone and I'd be surprised if you would either.

Apart from the fact he is a Wasps fan ;)

Nick

Administrator
Mentioned? You think that's enough to get a campaign behind?

I'd say if both Sharp and Fisher are saying the same thing then there is nothing wrong to call them out.

I didn't say get a campaign to get it done, I said get the Trust and local media to say how great an idea it is ;)

IIRC the Trust have commented on it in the past.

duffer

In fairness I think that everyone is aware of SISU's history, and Jon Sharp's no mug - CRFC are heading in the right direction. I don't think that there's any risk of them losing control of the rugby club through this.

Assuming there's any reality to the project, then the key for all parties is some kind of security of tenure if one side goes bust or decides to sell up and move on. I can't see why that can't be nailed down contractually.

As for planning permission, that's a big hurdle but I think the truth is that eventually developers almost always seem to be able to get their way. There is already a stadium there for up to 4,000, so the issue would be scale. I'm not commenting on the rights and wrongs of it, but look at Heathrow if you want to see how things can change!

Whether it's a good idea is a different argument. Personally if it were to happen I'd be happy with 15,000 at the Butts (or somewhere else that we owned or had a proper share of), and the place sold out every other week. I don't see that it's the size of the stadium limits our ambition, it's the revenue we derive from our place in the leagues and the willingness of the owners to invest that does that. Others differ, I know.

Sky Blue Kid

I'm certain that 15k is nowhere near big enough to satiate CCFC fans. Sell out crowds every other week in a 15k capacity will kill off the other 10-15k potential crowds. Given a stable and good footing with crowd attendance, 25k should be minimum capacity.

Astute

H
Another thread on BPA. I will say although I live not too far from the Ricoh locationwise I'd love a home ground at the Butts which perhaps should have been seriously looked at years ago.Do people still think a major football stadium will get planning permission? and then get passed Westminster. Will take years
Hardly anyone can see it happening. But SISU have to do something. And this way they wouldn't have to pay for land to build upon. The cheapest way of 'Building our own stadium'.....although it wouldn't be our own.

Otis

I'm certain that 15k is nowhere near big enough to satiate CCFC fans. Sell out crowds every other week in a 15k capacity will kill off the other 10-15k potential crowds. Given a stable and good footing with crowd attendance, 25k should be minimum capacity.
Looking at the CT it says the Butts is an 8 acre site.

How many acres did Fisher say it was that they needed? And didn't he want the academy there at the new ground too? And how many acres did he say was needed for that?

Otis

Looking at the CT it says the Butts is an 8 acre site.

How many acres did Fisher say it was that they needed? And didn't he want the academy there at the new ground too? And how many acres did he say was needed for that?
Just looked back to September 2015 and the minutes of the meeting between Fisher and Rugby borough council.

Fisher states there that the club need 60 acres, though it could be split over 2 30 acre sites.

So we need 60 acres, but the Butts is 8 acres.

Definitely going to work.

Unless of course Fisher was 'lying' again.

Otis

There was also mention of the new Wimbledon stadium on here the last couple of days Just looked and that is 12.6 acres, as opposed to the Butts' 8 acres.

Captain Dart

Just looked back to September 2015 and the minutes of the meeting between Fisher and Rugby borough council.

Fisher states there that the club need 60 acres, though it could be split over 2 30 acre sites.

That is so yesterday's story. Tomorrow there will be another one.

Astute

Here we go again.

I was one that didn't want SISU to get 100% of the Ricoh. My reasoning was they would pile debt on it and we would lose it. They didn't get it. Wasps did. And what did they do before the ink was even dry?

Sky Blue Kid

I'm not disputing that Otis. I'm just saying any 15k capacity stadium, isn't big enough to accomodate the crowds that CCFC could potentially generate ;)

Nick

Administrator
Here we go again.

I was one that didn't want SISU to get 100% of the Ricoh. My reasoning was they would pile debt on it and we would lose it. They didn't get it. Wasps did. And what did they do before the ink was even dry?

I am not saying you didn't say that though. You also seem annoyed that Wasps did the same you didn't want SISU to do....

fernandopartridge

What is ambition? Building a stadium that is too big for you in the vague hope that somehow the fickle people of Coventry will fill it every week? That went well with the Ricoh when we moved there, similar seems to be happening with Wasps.

I would probably just agree that 15k is on the small side and perhaps 20k would be about right.

Users who are viewing this thread