Jon Sharp - BPA (2 Viewers)

Grendel

Frankley

I can't recall who looked at the footprint of that stadium in Berlin...if whoever it was reads this, can you look at what Derbys iPro stadium and how that would fit on the Butts site. From what I recall, that's on a small (ish) site with some retail developments the other side of some car parking spaces and it didn't have thousands of parking spaces. Keen to see if a stadium like that would fit on the Butts sight.

Just out of interest...

Derby's stadium is of the bowl type and has a bigger footprint than the Union Berlin stadium. Derby's stadium wouldn't fit on the Butts Park site.

upload_2016-10-26_13-30-31.png

Even something like West Ham's old ground is a fraction too big for the Butts Park site. I believe that what would be needed at Butts Park is a bespoke design that draws upon the type of stadium that they have in Germany (close in to the pitch with steep banked stands).

Ashdown

I really think Mr Sharp should realise that he and CRFC will only be used in Fishers attempts to keep the rent increase down and it could jeopardise the Wasps dual registered players arrangement, which is currently doing well at the Butts for Cov !
If I was him I wouldn't let the hedge fund anywhere near Chapelfields and if they do and CCFC bed in, that will consign them to being nothing better than a league 1 club forever. SISU don't care though, as long as they can teeter along breaking even and plundering the clubs revenue for whatever they can glean !

Grendel

I really think Mr Sharp should realise that he and CRFC will only be used in Fishers attempts to keep the rent increase down and it could jeopardise the Wasps dual registered players arrangement, which is currently doing well at the Butts for Cov !
If I was him I wouldn't let the hedge fund anywhere near Chapelfields and if they do and CCFC bed in, that will consign them to being nothing better than a league 1 club forever. SISU don't care though, as long as they can teeter along breaking even and plundering the clubs revenue for whatever they can glean !

Wasps and the council clearly couldn't give a fuck about CRFC could they?

Skyblueweeman

Derby's stadium is of the bowl type and has a bigger footprint than the Union Berlin stadium. Derby's stadium wouldn't fit on the Butts Park site.

View attachment 5850

Even something like West Ham's old ground is a fraction too big for the Butts Park site. I believe that what would be needed at Butts Park is a bespoke design that draws upon the type of stadium that they have in Germany (close in to the pitch with steep banked stands).

Thanks for that. If you flipped it round though and turned it sideways, would it work it then? I'm not a techy otherwise would do it myself!

Nick

Administrator
I love how we stick stadiums into this small space and pay no heed at all to just how close to all the local residential housing it is.

Talk about on your doorstep!! ;)
BP2094019.png

:)

clint van damme

Think it would be possible with a decent architect.

View attachment 5852

View attachment 5853

That would be the best way forward. In fact if you also bought up the land next to Butts Park, which I think currently has a few houses on it, you'd have much more room to work with.

But even if it did fit, (and I think that's a pre retirement village image), why would CRFC get involved in a project to put a bigger stadium than they need on site when with a smaller stadium, say 10,000, they could also find room for some of the other facilities they spoke about to generate alternative income streams, (student accommodation etc)?

stupot07

I love how we stick stadiums into this small space and pay no heed at all to just how close to all the local residential housing it is.

Talk about on your doorstep!! ;)
Did you ever go to filbert street? You had to go through a 'house' on a terrace to get in the away end. It literally was their back garden
5e72bce37f0fb97a9b439cbbc69e4625.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

wingy

But even if it did fit, (and I think that's a pre retirement village image), why would CRFC get involved in a project to put a bigger stadium than they need on site when with a smaller stadium, say 10,000, they could also find room for some of the other facilities they spoke about to generate alternative income streams, (student accommodation etc)?
Let alone something of that nature comes in at £40-50 M
I mean jeez we couldn't carry it when were top flight
Get real people
Just a bloody distraction however desirable it May be

Frankley

Think it would be possible with a decent architect.

There are some new apartments next to the Local Government Ombudsman office that restrict the front of the rugby club site. The Liberty Stadium is another bowl structure and the image you've dropped onto the Butts site covers the apartments and some of the park. The New Den (capacity 20,000) isn't a bowl and this type of structure looks like it will fit on the site.

As you say, get a decent architect and something viable does look possible.

wingy

The New Den opened in 1993...
Yes nothing like the Ipro
Something built a stand at a time is more realist
We are looking at something £20 -25M though
I haven't been to the New Den so can't comment on the topography /landscape
This is supposedly driven by CRFC who have stated their preferred model, it doesn't match ours.
Nor if the Initial releases are accurate does it solve us having a lease basis to a third party.

Chipfat

Wasps and the council clearly couldn't give a fuck about CRFC could they?

I agree Gren but if you think Sisu care about them then you surely need to go seek advice on your mental health.

Every party in this cares about one thing and one thing only,,,MONEY, and they are using you and everyone who supports the boys to fund a business. All these parties need to be separate and need to look after themselves, as that is what they will do in the long run anyway, if Sisu have the money to build then build, the council should allow them permission for land within the 7 mile radius of the CC, Wasps should run the model they have already in place and Cov Rugby with Cov Utd shall carry on being a semi pro club.

Sisu should behave themselves and stop making the water more muddier than it already is and Buy land, Build, and then sell or run a good solid football club. Most are tripping over themselves to blame instead of pushing for all parties to state clear intentions and stop hiding behind one or the other. Wasps i dont like but they go about the business and get what they want with a plan and a goal, all should do the same quiet and effectively to gain a strong business platform.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
I agree Gren but if you think Sisu care about them then you surely need to go seek advice on your mental health.

Every party in this cares about one thing and one thing only,,,MONEY, and they are using you and everyone who supports the boys to fund a business. All these parties need to be separate and need to look after themselves as that is what they will do in the long run any way, if Sisu have the money to build then build, the council should allow them permisiion for land withing the 7 mile radius of the CC, Waps should run the model they have already in place and Cov Rugby with Cov Utd shall carry on being a semi pro club.

Sisu should behave themselves and stop making the water more muddy than it already is and Buy land, Build, and then sell or run a good solid football club. Most are tripping over themselves to blame instead of pushing for all parties to state clear intentions and stop hiding behind one or the other. Wasps i dont like but they go about the business and get whet they want with a plan and a goal, all should do the same quiet and effectively to gain a strong business platform.

Isn't that how football teams generally work though?

I don't disagree with the bit about all parties stating clear intentions and stop playing chess type games either!

Otis

And how long had HR been there?

We are talking about the here and now. How many stadiums are now built so close to housing?

Yep, the Butts has been there, but look at the artistic impressions and just how monstrously big the stands are and how close to the housing they would be.

Lots of stadiums are close to housing around the country, but people are not building them right here and now right on the doorstep of streets and housing are they?

Chipfat

Isn't that how football teams generally work though?

I don't disagree with the bit about all parties stating clear intentions and stop playing chess type games either!

The point Nick is if all ran the business the right way without creating issues about the why not's, then the ways forward could be found. I don't like CCC, i don't like Wasps but i truly do not believe Sisu have a pot to piss in to build, so hanging onto the CRC as a delay tactic will not and does not help.

The next time TF tells us his plan or shows us a 7 year old's design of the mystery arena, but then says, well its not viable, he needs to be told why say it either shut up, fuck off or build, without promise or deadline. But no, instead he states we can, we cant, we have it down to 2 sites, or in 3 years!!!!!, i mean did you hear Wasps say 3 years this 3 years that, they shut up and done it., we may not like it but that's how you do it, in 18 months even though talks were on way before all happened they have managed to grab all they wanted.

If Sisu once stuck to a promise, the fans with a good club, do not care about the owner or the real reason for owning, we all know what the reason is NIck, they just hope that one day the club give's them some great days to remember and gives them the reason to keep coming through the gate.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
And how long had HR been there?

We are talking about the here and now. How many stadiums are now built so close to housing?

Yep, the Butts has been there, but look at the artistic impressions and just how monstrously big the stands are and how close to the housing they would be.

Lots of stadiums are close to housing around the country, but people are not building them right here and now right on the doorstep of streets and housing are they?

Yep.

Tottenham
Emirates
I think the new AFC Wimbledon one is close to houses, not as extreme as HR with them on the front door

Just a couple I can think of.

Gint11

You might consider it old news...I've just read the article on CET on Jon Sharp and he is in discussions with Mr Millerchip in purchasing all land lease at the BPA. As long as a clause isn't agreed to block CCFC future involvement, we could agree a deal there. It just got me thinking again..
IF and all of these IFs....

If SISU and Cov RFC agreed to joint venture it at the BPA and you could fit a ground in there at say 13,000/15,000 but could expand to 25k in the future and promised to make it look like highfield rd, I would be all for it.

shy_tall_knight

This is a bigger smokescreen than a Queen Concert in the 70s.
Won't be a stadium, the plot is too small especially when you consider all the other additional facilities they intend to build as well as the stadium, even if it was just a stadium then the build costs would be significantly higher than for a standard stadium, access to BPA is poor wouldn't cope with a 10,000 crowd

Kingokings204

anyone who truly believes this?

It will never ever happen. For a million reasons. I'm sorry but let's get real here;

Sisu don't have the money
Sisu don't have the interest
BPA doesn't have the space for 15k seater stadia or above.
Local residents will won't let it happen
Road infrastructure is completely wrong.
Not in cov rugbys interest on crowds of 1-2k.
Cost involved must be circa 30mil.

Am I missing anything? It won't happen.

Otis

For anyone who truly believe this?

It will never ever happen. For a million reasons. I'm sorry but let's get real here;

Sisu don't have the money
Sisu don't have the interest
BPA doesn't have the space for 15k seater stadia or above.
Local residents will kick off
Road infrastructure is completely wrong.
Not in cov rugbys interest on crowds of 1-2k.
Cost involved must be circa 30mil.

Am I missing anything? It won't happen.
It surely won't and I tell you right now, IF it was ever built, whatever would be first mooted in terms of capacity etc., after all the opposition a compromise would be reached and it would be half of what it was intended to be.

Forget about 25,000 seater stadiums. Forget about 20,000 seater stadiums, 18,000 seater stadiums, even probably 15,000.

It will be a fraction of what would be initially drawn up due to all the logistical difficulties and opposition.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread