Johnny Ngandu (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Can somebody tell me more about this kid what the hype is, position ect thanks?

From StP in the U21 Thread:

Jonathan Ngandu.

He's been with them in pre-season but not sure whether he's going on tour. I think he would have been around the England squads too but he's been injured a lot.

He is ridiculously talented. He just needs to stay focused, keep impacting games and the rewards will follow.

Plays as a forward. Seems a bit special. Been playing above his age forever it seems.

Captain Dart

SlowerThanPlatt

But Bigi did that at Leamington when 18 too .
Although I've seen the posts from STP re this lad ,enough to excite .
BTW where is STP ?

Just had a few personal issues over the last months. Back now, looking forward to the new season. Still no replacement for McNulty, bet this forum has been in meltdown. Got some catching up to do :)

SlowerThanPlatt

This was the article on him in the CT where I think the thread originated from:

Coventry City have yet another hot prospect ready to come off the club’s hugely successful Academy conveyorbelt.

The Sky Blues have produced several home grown talents in recent years, none more so than the likes of Callum Wilson and James Maddison, both of whom are now playing in the Premier League.

A host of others have come up through the ranks to play for City's first team.

Tom Bayliss the latest to step up to the senior side, the teenager enjoying an outstanding break-through season under Mark Robins last term to earn himself a place on an England Under-19 training camp and attract the attention of Championship and Premier League clubs who are monitoring his progress.

But who’s the next big name that’s set to come off the production line?

Only just 16, attacking midfielder Jonny Ngandu has already stepped up to the Under-23s, having played at higher age groups throughout his time at the club he joined as a six-year-old.

And he certainly caught the eye in Tuesday night’s 4-2 friendly victory over Bedworth United at The Oval.

Here, development boss Jason Farndon discusses the lad many believe is destined for the top.

What Jason Farndon said about his performance:

“I thought Jonny Ngandu was excellent.

“He’s only 16 years of age and I think he just lights the game up when he gets the ball.

“He’s been promising that for a long time and has been training with the 23s since we came back in, so he’s not training with his own age group.

“I thought he was excellent and is a really, really exciting footballer.”

He’s one of our own:

“He’s been with us since he was six. He’s a local lad who lives right by the Higgs I think, so he’s been at the Academy for a long time and he’s a boy who has been talked about for a long, long time.

“He’s been away with England Under-16s and he’s come back in pre-season in good shape and I thought he was sensational tonight.”

Best position:

“He’s an attacking midfielder and once he gets his strength I think he can be a big central midfielder. He’s going to be a big boy when he grows up, so he was a real plus point.”

Precocious talent:

“He’s played up all through his time at the Academy, played for the Under-18s last season and has trained excellently this last two weeks with the 23s and warranted his starting position against Bedworth.”

Destined for big things:

“Seeing other young players get into the first team is always the selling point at this football club.

“Obviously James Maddison is now a Premier League footballer and if I am Jonny Ngandu, who is a different type of player, I’d be looking at James and thinking, that’s what I want to do – I want to get into Coventry City’s first team and be a star.”

The 16-year-old Coventry City prospect tipped for the top

SlowerThanPlatt

Let’s not put him on a pedestal just yet, a long way to go.

To be fair, nowhere in the article does he say he’s definitely gonna go to the top. He just said he should look at Maddison who has reached the top and get himself into our first team before thinking about bigger clubs

Click bait nonsense from the CT

usskyblue

first team this year?

Discuss

Harder than it looks m8

giphy.gif

shmmeee

To be fair, nowhere in the article does he say he’s definitely gonna go to the top. He just said he should look at Maddison who has reached the top and get himself into our first team before thinking about bigger clubs

Click bait nonsense from the CT

It says tipped for the top and has quotes from Farndon literally tipping him for the top. "the top" clearly being first team football.

Do you even know what "click bait" means?

SlowerThanPlatt

It says tipped for the top and has quotes from Farndon literally tipping him for the top. "the top" clearly being first team football.

Do you even know what "click bait" means?

How is the top first team football for Coventry City in League One?

Isn’t the top the highest level? So in English footballs case the Premier League

harvey098

Ngandu signing reminded me to check on Bassala Sambou. He’s 21 now and still not played men’s football for Everton or been loaned out anywhere. He was close to breaking into our first team a couple of years ago!

Nick

Administrator
Ngandu signing reminded me to check on Bassala Sambou. He’s 21 now and still not played men’s football for Everton or been loaned out anywhere. He was close to breaking into our first team a couple of years ago!

He wasnt that close was he? There were still a fair few in front of him in the pecking order.

Users who are viewing this thread