John Fleck Contract Situation (2 Viewers)

Terry Gibson's perm

the guy who scored a worldy on sat :)

I only saw saw it on the tv as I didn't attend as I was at a child's party (bloody egg chasers arranging parties around their silly game).

he is capable of that sort of thing but hides in so many games, one of our problems this year has been that he and Vincelot play to deep and if Murphy crosses a ball in most of the time Fleck is just crossing the half way line ( I know they are both defensive minded) but you have to have one around the box sometimes.

I would let him go as we need more height in that part of the field and more power

Sky Blue Kid

One argument for a drop in form is that Fleck is the type of player who relies on those around him being on form. He's a passer, if every time he passes to somebody they mis-control it, get tackled or give it away then you could say that he's a waste of time. Also, if people aren't making runs into dangerous positions then how is he going to do anything than play the ball sideways. He's not the type of midfield player to skin 3 players and bang the ball in the net like Dele Alli or arrive late in the box to score goals like Lampard or run around making tackles like Kante. He's reliant on having on-form players around him, so that could be an argument as to why his form appears to have deserted him.

So in your opinion, it's everyone elses fault except Fleck's?

Sky Blue Kid

he has a point.

vincelot been utter shit for months but fleck gets more criticism

Vincelot played in the back four a few weeks ago. Fleck made no less than 3 horrendous mistakes about 10 yards outside our own box, and if it wasn't for Vincelot saving Flecks a**e we would have lost by a much bigger margin than 3-1 against P'boro. The sooner people realize these are Pro footballers the better. The times Fleck played either suicide passes or over hit a pass, or under hit a pass that friday night, is nobody's business. You can't blame other players when it is Fleck making the mistakes!

superskyblue

So in your opinion, it's everyone elses fault except Fleck's?

No that is not my opinion.

I'm just offering a reason as to why Fleck was so good at the start of the season and not so now. I suspect he is either made to look a lot better than he is (start of the season) or a lot worse than he is (Christmas - now) by the players around him. And that is because of his style of play. Somebody like Jodi Jones can look good in a shite side because he can skin players regardless of what his teammates are doing. Vincelot can look good because he runs around making tackles like a maniac regardless of what everyone else is doing. But Fleck doesn't have those skills - his skills are more reliant on other people.

I do think this is a hindrance, but ultimately it explains why somebody with his natural ability is only playing at League 1 level.

Sky Blue Kid

No that is not my opinion.

I'm just offering a reason as to why Fleck was so good at the start of the season and not so now. I suspect he is either made to look a lot better than he is (start of the season) or a lot worse than he is (Christmas - now) by the players around him. And that is because of his style of play. Somebody like Jodi Jones can look good in a shite side because he can skin players regardless of what his teammates are doing. Vincelot can look good because he runs around making tackles like a maniac regardless of what everyone else is doing. But Fleck doesn't have those skills - his skills are more reliant on other people.

I do think this is a hindrance, but ultimately it explains why somebody with his natural ability is only playing at League 1 level.

Disagree mate. That's like saying CCFC are reliant on the other teams in the league being s**t rather than CCFC beat them fairly and squarely! Fleck has some tremendous footballing ability, but doesn't show the full potential anywhere near as often as he should. Matt Le Tissier was a giant at Southampton, and I often wondered if the players around him were on the same level as he was ability wise. Undaunted, he played his own game, and ultimately he scored a hatfull of goals for them. This isn't down to how good or bad the players around him were. It boiled down to him being consistent.

shy_tall_knight

In my earlier posts pre-Millwall stated that I was happy to see Fleck leave, even after that shot still think we would be better without him (assume he's on a relatively big wedge). Throughout his 4 seasons only averaged 2 goals a season, how can somebody which such a good shot fail to score more often ? Do management insist that he plays that deep as his passing is OK but his defensive work is poor, he is wasted that far deep. In my opinion he doesn't venture too forward as he struggles to get back. Maybe he should be in the 3 rather than the 2 of a 4231.

Terry Gibson's perm

In my earlier posts pre-Millwall stated that I was happy to see Fleck leave, even after that shot still think we would be better without him (assume he's on a relatively big wedge). Throughout his 4 seasons only averaged 2 goals a season, how can somebody which such a good shot fail to score more often ? Do management insist that he plays that deep as his passing is OK but his defensive work is poor, he is wasted that far deep. In my opinion he doesn't venture too forward as he struggles to get back. Maybe he should be in the 3 rather than the 2 of a 4231.

Most of the time he makes the 4 into a 5

superskyblue

[/B]

Disagree mate. That's like saying CCFC are reliant on the other teams in the league being s**t rather than CCFC beat them fairly and squarely! Fleck has some tremendous footballing ability, but doesn't show the full potential anywhere near as often as he should. Matt Le Tissier was a giant at Southampton, and I often wondered if the players around him were on the same level as he was ability wise. Undaunted, he played his own game, and ultimately he scored a hatfull of goals for them. This isn't down to how good or bad the players around him were. It boiled down to him being consistent.

I take your point RE. Le Tissier and agree with the bit in bold, but in a way we're kind of agreeing with eachother. Fleck is inconsistent, I don't disagree with that. My point is that I reckon a lot of the reason for his inconsistency is the fact that he plays in a team who have been incredibly inconsistent this season. I'd have been interested to see how he would've got on if we'd continued on our pre-Christmas form. Or, interested to see how he does at Rangers who will presumably be near the top of SPL.

shy_tall_knight

"No footballer would live in Coventry.."

I countered that with "
Greg Downes used to live in Meriden, that's pretty close." but thats a poor response in hindsight, Greggy wasn't a footballer and for the record definitely not a fans favourite as the media used to portray him.

Captain Dart

stupot07

Where in cov does he live? I want to be nosey on right move, gunnarson had a right tacky sofa in his house :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

skybluegod

I seriously doubt he would have sold his house before being able to legally sign a contract? Anything could happen between now and the end of his contract: injury, change of heart, club facing financial trouble etc. would be stupid, to have already sold your house before the move is even confirmed?

lifelongcityfan

I seriously doubt he would have sold his house before being able to legally sign a contract? Anything could happen between now and the end of his contract: injury, change of heart, club facing financial trouble etc. would be stupid, to have already sold your house before the move is even confirmed?

hi not really..if he knows he is leaving makes sense to sell now. He will then be a cash buyer wherever he moves too. I am sure the club he is going too will happily put him into a hotel for a few weeks.

Grendel

hi not really..if he knows he is leaving makes sense to sell now. He will then be a cash buyer wherever he moves too. I am sure the club he is going too will happily put him into a hotel for a few weeks.

So he's moving somewhere that's got a lower house value than where he lives now then?

skybluegod

thats not what I'm saying. I'm saying why would he sell his house before the deal is signed? Anything could happen between now and then including the club pulling out.

lifelongcityfan

So he's moving somewhere that's got a lower house value than where he lives now then?

acting the tosser as usual! it usually takes 8 - 9 weeks to complete a sale- which takes him to June . Players Contracts end when? - June! so he will be a cash buyer at the time he moves, by my reckoning that will enable him to drive the price down ( even if there had been inflation in 8 weeks) and put him above buyers with a chain.

not such a know all after all are you...or do you live in a tent!!

ccfcway

acting the tosser as usual! it usually takes 8 - 9 weeks to complete a sale- which takes him to June . Players Contracts end when? - June! so he will be a cash buyer at the time he moves, by my reckoning that will enable him to drive the price down ( even if there had been inflation in 8 weeks) and put him above buyers with a chain.

not such a know all after all are you...or do you live in a tent!!

I think I saw him on the ad for next series of location location location

;)

Users who are viewing this thread