John Fleck Contract Situation (4 Viewers)

LB87ccfc

No mention of your friend in your first post mate? Posters have been hung, drawn, and quartered for the obligatory "My friend/mate/boss said it's true, so it must be! I can't comment on the "On field" goings on. So will hold my tongue on that one ;)

Haha too true too true.

Apologies, I was only passing comment on what my friend who works for the academy has mentioned to me on several occasions this season and seen it first hand.

skybluegod

Your missing the point, I simply pointed out that hes vocal more so than most and more so than our current captain, at no point did I make a reference he should be captain, I merely gave my opinion that he would make a far better one than your current love affair for Ricketts.

Its quite funny, I do know a far greater deal than I let on but I am not one for gossiping, I merely passed on true factual comments which I thought would bring a change of scenery on here.

Up to you what you think or believe in mate.
I haven't denied the point that he is more vocal? But I merely gave my opinion that you need more than a voice to be a captain.
I don't have a love affair for ricketts and I think he should be released at the end of the season, but I don't believe in unfairly targeting players, especially when you say come out with obscene statements such as 'he never talks' well I think you should go back to the first 20 games of the season when everyone was raving about him being the captain we needed?

Sent from my VF-895N using Tapatalk

LB87ccfc

I haven't denied the point that he is more vocal? But I merely gave my opinion that you need more than a voice to be a captain.
I don't have a love affair for ricketts and I think he should be released at the end of the season, but I don't believe in unfairly targeting players, especially when you say come out with obscene statements such as 'he never talks' well I think you should go back to the first 20 games of the season when everyone was raving about him being the captain we needed?

So are you saying hes only a good captain when things are going well? but when shit hits the fan he gets found out and cannot lift his team mates?

Littlewood CCFC

Lets face it Ricketts has been awful the last 10 games. his head drops with everyones elses when he should be the one leading by example. think you should shut your bacon gob to be honest

steve82

Lets face it Ricketts has been awful the last 10 games. his head drops with everyones elses when he should be the one leading by example. think you should shut your bacon gob to be honest

Ricketts has been on the slide since reda dropped out the side, he only really performed as a player in the first 10/15 games. Maybe the shuffle around and not playing along side a dominant figure exposes him severely. As a captain he's never really performed.... On the pitch, what we can all see.

skybluegod

So are you saying hes only a good captain when things are going well? but when shit hits the fan he gets found out and cannot lift his team mates?
The main leader of the team is TM that's his job not ricketts?
I haven't seen any of our players take the game by the scruff of the neck and pull us through. As I have said, none of our players are captain material

skybluegod

Ricketts has been on the slide since reda dropped out the side, he only really performed as a player in the first 10/15 games. Maybe the shuffle around and not playing along side a dominant figure exposes him severely. As a captain he's never really performed.... On the pitch, what we can all see.
I agree the moving around and loss of reda has contributed to his drop in form... And I am not saying he has been a good leader. He isn't a great captain I admit that But he isn't the worst captain in the world like everyone has said, and he has helped players such as RCC and stokes.

skybluegod

Shows your intelligence when you end a a comment with 'shut your bacon gob', didn't realise you couldn't discuss opinions on a forum?

steve82

The main leader of the team is TM that's his job not ricketts?
I haven't seen any of our players take the game by the scruff of the neck and pull us through. As I have said, none of our players are captain material

I agree the moving around and loss of reda has contributed to his drop in form... And I am not saying he has been a good leader. He isn't a great captain I admit that But he isn't the worst captain in the world like everyone has said, and he has helped players such as RCC and stokes.

I agree with you on most points but did he really help RCC and stokes as much as he could? From my view of games I've seen he has not, I wish he had of as this is what we were expecting when he signed. Sure RCC has made his mistakes with a few others that's not Ricketts fault but it's what he could of done those moments after that... And he chose not to.
Also you say TM's job is to lead the team, that's partly true he set the team up, briefs them on there roles and at 3pm it's over to them. For me this is the time the captain steps up and is accountable for his troops. Those 90 mins are his, in our case Ricketts who's not the passion or fight for the role. Sadly we don't have a suitable candidate to do this currently, and this needs addressing over the summer.

skybluegod

I agree with you on most points but did he really help RCC and stokes as much as he could? From my view of games I've seen he has not, I wish he had of as this is what we were expecting when he signed. Sure RCC has made his mistakes with a few others that's not Ricketts fault but it's what he could of done those moments after that... And he chose not to.
Also you say TM's job is to lead the team, that's partly true he set the team up, briefs them on there roles and at 3pm it's over to them. For me this is the time the captain steps up and is accountable for his troops. Those 90 mins are his, in our case Ricketts who's not the passion or fight for the role. Sadly we don't have a suitable candidate to do this currently, and this needs addressing over the summer.
No he hasn't done as much as he could 100% agree . I think he started the season well in the role and did help out stoked and RCC a lot but I think as the season has wore on his confidence has dipped and maybe he doubts his own ability to lead now?

IMO responsibility has to lie with all the players, they should be able to motivate themselves, yes ricketts is there to lead and pick the team up and be TM's voice on the pitch but any good team has 2/3 leaders on the pitch, we currently have none

LB87ccfc

Johnny fleck

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Why do you think Fleck will sign for villa? they not even got a manager, can you add a full insight to why you presume he will sign for them as Skybluegod will want to interrogate you on this shortly once he has sorted his tampon.

Captain Dart

Shows your intelligence when you end a a comment with 'shut your bacon gob', didn't realise you couldn't discuss opinions on a forum?

The proper form of address is 'Oi you, shut yer cakeole!"

Littlewood CCFC

haha what a tart! you're right my level of intelligence is obviously not on par with yours, proven with the bacon gob comment. Too many serious people on here who browse it 24/7 looking for something to disagree with.. the usual ones like Otis. Skybluegod and oh dont forget Nick who bans people when they disagree with him!

SkyBlueScottie

He will go back to Rangers IMO, I think the interview with him in the Daily Record was designed to test the waters on what sort of reception he would get.

AFCCOVENTRY

This season we got half a season of decent football from him. He needs to learn to put a shift in for a whole season.

Mogga keeps going on about him being the oil in the team...but the oil dried up after Xmas and he's one of the biggest culprits for loss of form in our team.

torchomatic

Agree. To be fair though. At least he's having HALF a decent season now. It used to be a handful of games per season.

I certainly hope he stays. We'll miss him if he goes.

This season we got half a season of decent football from him. He needs to learn to put a shift in for a whole season.

Mogga keeps going on about him being the oil in the team...but the oil dried up after Xmas and he's one of the biggest culprits for loss of form in our team.

Hobo

He will go back to Rangers IMO, I think the interview with him in the Daily Record was designed to test the waters on what sort of reception he would get.

Now Rangers are back battling with Celtic in the top division he is not good enough.

Gazolba

Is Fleck really that good? How many goals does he set up and how many does he score?

Otis

Is Fleck really that good? How many goals does he set up and how many does he score?
Nope, he isn't. Far too hot and cold and lacking consistency.

I am not too fussed if we keep him or not to be honest. If he stays, fine, if not, I'm all a bit meh about it.

lifeskyblue

I want him to stay....he, for me, has been our player of the season (well at least first half). I agree he needs greater consistency but he is the only player we have who has the ability to control a game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

I want him to stay....he, for me, has been our player of the season (well at least first half). I agree he needs greater consistency but he is the only player we have who has the ability to control a game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When he has time on the ball.

You just watch him when teams press and close him down. When he's got time he can pull the strings and ping balls all over the park. When teams harry him and close him down he struggles.

That's the way I see it anyway.

Last edited:

superskyblue

One argument for a drop in form is that Fleck is the type of player who relies on those around him being on form. He's a passer, if every time he passes to somebody they mis-control it, get tackled or give it away then you could say that he's a waste of time. Also, if people aren't making runs into dangerous positions then how is he going to do anything than play the ball sideways. He's not the type of midfield player to skin 3 players and bang the ball in the net like Dele Alli or arrive late in the box to score goals like Lampard or run around making tackles like Kante. He's reliant on having on-form players around him, so that could be an argument as to why his form appears to have deserted him.

NorthernWisdom

Nope, he isn't. Far too hot and cold and lacking consistency.

I am not too fussed if we keep him or not to be honest. If he stays, fine, if not, I'm all a bit meh about it.

Ditto.

tbh back to Rangers would probably suit him. He can look good in a winning side, build up his reputation a bit, maybe win a trophy or two.

covcity4life

first 3 months he looked like xavi or iniesta comapred to our rivals at times. i would be very happy if he stays

fleck
vincelot
bigi(getting better all the time for me)
gadzhev
rose

thats 5 players who can play CM

TM can turn his attention to the wings already!

Terry Gibson's perm

first 3 months he looked like xavi or iniesta comapred to our rivals at times. i would be very happy if he stays

fleck
vincelot
bigi(getting better all the time for me)
gadzhev
rose

thats 5 players who can play CM

TM can turn his attention to the wings already!

if Newcastle go down they might find a use for Bigi but we also have Lawton and Stevenson, who do you think looked like after the first 3 months I don't know as he disappeared so maybe the invisible man

Users who are viewing this thread