joe murphy (1 Viewer)

RoboCCFC90

That's all sisu have left for us.

We weren't exactly challenging for the play offs or a Championship title before they came in Tony to be honest.. It's the same way I thought about Wigan in the Premier League, a cat only has so many lives..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Okay now that's a bit extreme..

Maybe, just getting a bit tired of the "we've always been crap, can't blame Sisu" line that's started to creep in recently. Same as the "we've never had any fans" line regarding the new stadium. I see us as better than that and I make no excuses for it. The size of our club historically and the size of our catchment area mean we are currently punching below our weight IMO.

RoboCCFC90

In the same way that Wilson leaving opens the door for a return for Daniel Sturridge, perhaps. ;)

Maybe ;)

You never know, now that we need a strike partner we might resign Robbie Keane!!

RoboCCFC90

Maybe, just getting a bit tired of the "we've always been crap, can't blame Sisu" line that's started to creep in recently. Same as the "we've never had any fans" line regarding the new stadium. I see us as better than that and I make no excuses for it. The size of our club historically and the size of our catchment area mean we are currently punching below our weight IMO.

I would agree with most of that, I am not going to say we have always been crap, but my point has always been (I do not mean to deter this subject from the topic of the thread) in the last 23 years of my life we have on more occasions than not have been scrapping to save ourselves from relegation in seasons gone by, be that in the Premier League, Championship or League 1, it's irrelevant the past doesn't lie. Now Sisu aren't Angels who can't deter blame from themselves for the way this Club has been run during then tenure in which time we had suffered another relegation..

To not blame Sisu for everything would be apologising on their behalf, Sisu have admitted to making mistakes, whether that means anything or not, however Coventry City Football Club has been run a shambles for a very long time and it's affected everything.

On a serious note I have had the pleasure of meeting Joe Murphy at Away Fixtures, Joe has great banter and great appreciation for the fans of this Club, if Joe Murphy does leave then I wish him the best, but of course like many I hope he stays.

The Gentleman

No i don't believe he said that, seem to remember him saying that the budget would be not too dissimilar to this seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

In an interview in the telegraph I think late April Pressley said that the likelihood is that the budget will come down again, mentioning playing at Sixfields was one of the reasons.

wingy

No i don't believe he said that, seem to remember him saying that the budget would be not too dissimilar to this seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Think he said based on Crowds turnover would be similar .

wingy

I don't think it necessarily means he will go there. He will know what's on offer here. Huddersfield will offer him a better deal for sure but he is also on record of saying his family are settled and he wants to play as many games as possible. Moving to Huddersfield does not mean that. Of course there are other clubs who could potentially offer 1st team football and a better pay packet.

Did they ever move down ,seem to recall first season he ether commuted or rented ,while his base was still around Scunny area?

stupot07

In an interview in the telegraph I think late April Pressley said that the likelihood is that the budget will come down again, mentioning playing at Sixfields was one of the reasons.

Actually I think it was waggott I heard on cwr say that the wage budget would be around the same not SP.

RoboCCFC90

Hi Robbo. A few personal challenges I'm afraid. Trying to get myself back together.
As always one eye on the sky blues.

Well I hope you have come out on the right side of it fella!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Either way the budget will be lower, and we may not be able to afford Murphy. He may be willing to take a pay cut in favour of first team football (he could quite easily take a pay increase to go and bench warm but he doesn't seem that type of player), but it's happened before where we offered terms to a player, but reduced them so greatly the idea of bench warming was more appealing than playing for pennies

ccfcway

Either way the budget will be lower, and we may not be able to afford Murphy. He may be willing to take a pay cut in favour of first team football (he could quite easily take a pay increase to go and bench warm but he doesn't seem that type of player), but it's happened before where we offered terms to a player, but reduced them so greatly the idea of bench warming was more appealing than playing for pennies

what i dont get is Pressley saying "we are talking to him, but need to wait"

Surely if they said to Murphy "we want to 100% keep you, but we signed you in championship and we dont have that money any more. You are my number 1 keeper, are i want you with me, but the max we can give you is "x"." ? Ball would be in Murphys court then ?

RoboCCFC90

what i dont get is Pressley saying "we are talking to him, but need to wait"

Surely if they said to Murphy "we want to 100% keep you, but we signed you in championship and we dont have that money any more. You are my number 1 keeper, are i want you with me, but the max we can give you is "x"." ? Ball would be in Murphys court then ?

How'd you know they haven't done that?

ccfcway

How'd you know they haven't done that?

well then, come out in the press and say "we really want Murphy to stay, we have offered hin the best terms we possibly can in this climate and we hope he accepts. I want him as my number 1 next season"

RoboCCFC90

well then, come out in the press and say "we really want Murphy to stay, we have offered hin the best terms we possibly can in this climate and we hope he accepts. I want him as my number 1 next season"

The Gaffer has insisted that he wants Joe Murphy to stay? The thing is if CCFC came out and said "We have offered the likes of Joe Murphy, Franck Moussa and Cyrus Christie contracts that within the current climate are what this Club can afford" then they leave themselves open to the argument of Sixfields is more detrimental than playing at the Ricoh which we all know to be true, but beside the point as far as Sisu are concerned.

The Gentleman

Actually I think it was waggott I heard on cwr say that the wage budget would be around the same not SP.

When was that then because it was Pressley's interview in the Telegraph on the 28th April when he said that the budget will come down. Are you saying one of them is telling fibs? Shouldn't they all be singing from the same sheet?

ccfcway

The Gaffer has insisted that he wants Joe Murphy to stay? The thing is if CCFC came out and said "We have offered the likes of Joe Murphy, Franck Moussa and Cyrus Christie contracts that within the current climate are what this Club can afford" then they leave themselves open to the argument of Sixfields is more detrimental than playing at the Ricoh which we all know to be true, but beside the point as far as Sisu are concerned.

Moussa and Christie have dropped very large hints they are off. Murphy says he wants to stay.

stupot07

When was that then because it was Pressley's interview in the Telegraph on the 28th April when he said that the budget will come down. Are you saying one of them is telling fibs? Shouldn't they all be singing from the same sheet?

I think it was the last phone in of the season IIRC.

The Gentleman

I think it was the last phone in of the season IIRC.

If that is the case then it is worrying for at least two reasons. One is that the two most important people for the club and the team are saying different things and secondly after the shite signings we had last season, if next seasons budget is lower or the same then we are in big trouble. No Leon Clarke to start with, looking like no Murphy, Christie, Moussa and a possibly Wilson too.

RoboCCFC90

and a possibility Wilson too.

Scaremongering again?

Where has it been said anywhere that Callum Wilson is on the verge of signing for someone else? Where has Callum even said that he wants to leave Coventry? Nowhere.

Of course there are rumours that one Club or another are interested, but our Club have said that Callum won't be sold, Callum doesn't want to go, Callum Wilson is bound to a contract and there are no concrete offers on the table.. Why make something up that isn't there?

Astute

Scaremongering again?

Where has it been said anywhere that Callum Wilson is on the verge of signing for someone else? Where has Callum even said that he wants to leave Coventry? Nowhere.

Of course there are rumours that one Club or another are interested, but our Club have said that Callum won't be sold, Callum doesn't want to go, Callum Wilson is bound to a contract and there are no concrete offers on the table.. Why make something up that isn't there?

Our club has not said that Wilson will not be sold. They have said that they don't want to sell him. It is like saying that our club don't want to play in Northampton. We could well start there next season. But everyone other than RFC wants us to play at the Ricoh.

They said that he won't be sold unless a big offer comes in for him. We don't even know what they mean by a big offer.

RoboCCFC90

Our club has not said that Wilson will not be sold. They have said that they don't want to sell him. It is like saying that our club don't want to play in Northampton. We could well start there next season. But everyone other than RFC wants us to play at the Ricoh.

They said that he won't be sold unless a big offer comes in for him. We don't even know what they mean by a big offer.

Tim Fisher said this at the SCG Meeting in April: “Callum Wilson is not for sale." That's from April 2014 and from the Telegraph website, so Callum is not for sale!

The Gentleman

Tim Fisher said this at the SCG Meeting in April: “Callum Wilson is not for sale." That's from April 2014 and from the Telegraph website, so Callum is not for sale!

Didn't someone who had a meeting with Fisher recently hear him say that he doesn't want to sell him but if a really good offer came along then they would have to consider it? Also, are you saying we are not now a selling club and plan to keep hold of our best players.

Are you really that naive to think that if a football chairman of any club turns round and say's "he is not for sale" then he really really really means it? The season has not long finished and we have already had talk of clubs showing a keen interest so it is not me scaremongering is it? and show me where in my post where I have said he is on the verge of signing somewhere else.

Noggin

Kim Jong II said he was the best golfer in the history of the world, so Kim Jong II was the best golfer in history of the world.

Users who are viewing this thread