joe murphy (5 Viewers)

RoboCCFC90

Didn't someone who had a meeting with Fisher recently hear him say that he doesn't want to sell him but if a really good offer came along then they would have to consider it? Also, are you saying we are not now a selling club and plan to keep hold of our best players.

Are you really that naive to think that if a football chairman of any club turns round and say's "he is not for sale" then he really really really means it? The season has not long finished and we have already had talk of clubs showing a keen interest so it is not me scaremongering is it? and show me where in my post where I have said he is on the verge of signing somewhere else.

Someone told me we are going to sign Alan Smith but it wasn't correct..

Of course not but there is more proof to support that from the Clubs stance then something you have made up to suit your discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Gentleman

Someone told me we are going to sign Alan Smith but it wasn't correct..

Of course not but there is more proof to support that from the Clubs stance then something you have made up to suit your discussion.

What are you on about? what have i made up exactly? I said Leon has gone, looks like Murphy, Moussa and Christie going and possibly Wilson. As there has already been talk of links to other clubs and as you have also said before that we are a selling club, tell me exactly what have I made up to suit my discussion?

RoboCCFC90

What are you on about? what have i made up exactly? I said Leon has gone, looks like Murphy, Moussa and Christie going and possibly Wilson. As there has already been talk of links to other clubs and as you have also said before that we are a selling club, tell me exactly what have I made up to suit my discussion?

Where is Wilson possibly going then? Nowhere. He is staying put.

The Gentleman

That's right, ignore the questions I asked you where you were saying I had said things that I hadn't.

On a separate note, do you really believe Fisher that Wilson will not be sold even if a great offer comes in for him?

RoboCCFC90

That's right, ignore the questions I asked you where you were saying I had said things that I hadn't.

On a separate note, do you really believe Fisher that Wilson will not be sold even if a great offer comes in for him?

I didn't ignore it, I answered it, you've made up that there is a possibility that Wilson may be on his way.. There is nothing to indicate that bar rumours which are not a solid or valid source of information.

Let's put it this way when the Press and people like you say that there are rumours that Wilson might leave and Tim Fisher is stating the Club will not leave, I happen to believe the Club more.

shmmeee

I didn't ignore it, I answered it, you've made up that there is a possibility that Wilson may be on his way.. There is nothing to indicate that bar rumours which are not a solid or valid source of information.

He's one of the leagues top scorers at one the the most financially precarious clubs. Of course there's a possibility.

RoboCCFC90

He's one of the leagues top scorers at one the the most financially precarious clubs. Of course there's a possibility.

There is also a possibility that I might win the lottery five weeks on the bounce but the probability isn't great and on this occasion if the Club say they won't sell then they won't sell.

The Gentleman

Let's put it this way when the Press and people like you say that there are rumours that Wilson might leave and Tim Fisher is stating the Club will not leave, I happen to believe the Club more.

There is a possibility that every player in the world is for sale at the right price. It just makes me chuckle that on occasion when things like this come up and you have said (as well as others) that we are a selling club (history tells us this, not me making it up), you have now done your usual about turn and that we will not sell him, the club are telling the truth (because they always do, don't they) and that your word and the word of Fisher is gospel.

RoboCCFC90

There is a possibility that every player in the world is for sale at the right price. It just makes me chuckle that on occasion when things like this come up and you have said (as well as others) that we are a selling club (history tells us this, not me making it up), you have now done your usual about turn and that we will not sell him, the club are telling the truth (because they always do, don't they) and that your word and the word of Fisher is gospel.

Yes of course there is, however the probability that Callum will be sold based on the statement that has been provided is slightly less.

I have not said we are selling Club? Where have you seen that? Every Club will sell it's players for a sensible price, however on the subject of CCFC through mismanagement, players of this Club have been sold when really a team should have been built around them.

My turn? Can you quote to me where I have used the words "We are a selling Club"?

There word isn't gospel of course but it is more likely to be accurate then the inaccurate information you have provided.

Noggin

There is also a possibility that I might win the lottery five weeks on the bounce but the probability isn't great and on this occasion if the Club say they won't sell then they won't sell.

odds of winning the lottery 5 times in a row 534722556112200841525792732075030000 to 1, of course none of us know what the chance of Wilson leaving is but it's certainly not unrealistic to suggest it's as likely as not ie 50%.

The Gentleman

Yes of course there is, however the probability that Callum will be sold based on the statement that has been provided is slightly less.

I have not said we are selling Club? Where have you seen that? Every Club will sell it's players for a sensible price, however on the subject of CCFC through mismanagement, players of this Club have been sold when really a team should have been built around them.

My turn? Can you quote to me where I have used the words "We are a selling Club"?

There word isn't gospel of course but it is more likely to be accurate then the inaccurate information you have provided.

So you've gone from saying that he won't be sold to there is a possibility he will be sold. Strange because you strongly disagreed with my post saying there is a possibility he will be sold.

With regard to what you have said, I cannot be arsed today to go trawling through thousands of posts to find it. I thought I remembered you saying along with dozens of other posters that we are ultimately a selling club, because we are in fact a selling club.

Finally, can you tell me where my original post was inaccurate? I'll repeat it for you, I said Leon has gone, looks like Murphy, Christie and Moussa are going and there is a possibility of Wilson going (which you just agreed with above). How is that inaccurate?

The Gentleman

odds of winning the lottery 5 times in a row 534722556112200841525792732075030000 to 1, of course none of us know what the chance of Wilson leaving is but it's certainly not unrealistic to suggest it's as likely as not ie 50%.

Your cruel, he really thought he had as much chance as winning the lottery 5 times in a row as Callum leaving, now he is not so sure!

RoboCCFC90

So you've gone from saying that he won't be sold to there is a possibility he will be sold. Strange because you strongly disagreed with my post saying there is a possibility he will be sold.

With regard to what you have said, I cannot be arsed today to go trawling through thousands of posts to find it. I thought I remembered you saying along with dozens of other posters that we are ultimately a selling club, because we are in fact a selling club.

Finally, can you tell me where my original post was inaccurate? I'll repeat it for you, I said Leon has gone, looks like Murphy, Christie and Moussa are going and there is a possibility of Wilson going (which you just agreed with above). How is that inaccurate?

The probability of Wilson leaving based on the Club not wanting to sell and the player not wanting to leave is minute. What part of that don't you grasp?

So basically you make more stuff up to suit your argument the reason you won't go trawling is because that post doesn't exist.

Your memory is as inaccurate as your argument..

Noggin

The probability of Wilson leaving based on the Club not wanting to sell and the player not wanting to leave is minute. What part of that don't you grasp?

So basically you make more stuff up to suit your argument the reason you won't go trawling is because that post doesn't exist.

Your memory is as inaccurate as your argument..

It isn't minute at all, there are certainly clubs interested, there are strong arguments for it being in wilsons best interests to move and there are also strong arguments for it being in ccfcs best interests to sell and even stronger arguments for it being in sisu/arvo's interests to sell especially if they are thinking about leaving after the JR.

we know the club have said they don't want to sell and that wilson has said he wants to stay that is not the same thing as the club doesn't want to sell and he wants to stay and it's definatly not the same thing as the club don't want to take 2 mill for him and wilson wants to stay even if he could earn double in the league above.

the club have said they want murphy to stay and he has said he wants to stay but it seems likely that he isn't going too, this is different because there is a contract involved to make it more likely he will stay but also a massive fee that makes it less likely he will stay.

The chance of him leaving is not minute not in the slightest, hell even if we were at the ricoh and looked like we would be promotion candidates and there were no issues off the field the chance of him leaving would still not be minute because a bigger club (of which there are ALOT) could easily lure him away with more money.

RoboCCFC90

It isn't minute at all, there are certainly clubs interested, there are strong arguments for it being in wilsons best interests to move and there are also strong arguments for it being in ccfcs best interests to sell and even stronger arguments for it being in sisu/arvo's interests to sell especially if they are thinking about leaving after the JR.

we know the club have said they don't want to sell and that wilson has said he wants to stay that is not the same thing as the club doesn't want to sell and he wants to stay and it's definatly not the same thing as the club don't want to take 2 mill for him and wilson wants to stay even if he could earn double in the league above.

the club have said they want murphy to stay and he has said he wants to stay but it seems likely that he isn't going too, this is different because there is a contract involved to make it more likely he will stay but also a massive fee that makes it less likely he will stay.

The chance of him leaving is not minute not in the slightest, hell even if we were at the ricoh and looked like we would be promotion candidates and there were no issues off the field the chance of him leaving would still not be minute because a bigger club (of which there are ALOT) could easily lure him away with more money.

Is this Club in negotiations, have they agreed a fee, is the player discussing terms? You say that the probability is not minute, however if it wasn't then wouldn't we be much further down the line with this as seems to be?

I believe Callum Wilson will not be sold.

kg82

Oh, has this thread turned in to an argument a couple of 8 year olds would be embarrassed about again? How strange, that never happens on this site.

Noggin

Is this Club in negotiations, have they agreed a fee, is the player discussing terms? You say that the probability is not minute, however if it wasn't then wouldn't we be much further down the line with this as seems to be?

I believe Callum Wilson will not be sold.

no, none of that needs to be the case for the chance of him leaving to be much greater than minute.

Are you happy in your job? do you want to stay? most people will say yes, offer them twice the money to leave and ask the same question I bet 99%+ change their answer.

if there was one day left in the transfer window and the club wasn't in negotiations, not agreed a fee and the player wasn't discussing terms then he is very very likely to not be leaving but even then the chance of him leaving isn't minute.

shmmeee

How many keepers is that now who would rather warm the bench elsewhere than play here?

RoboCCFC90

How many keepers is that now who would rather warm the bench elsewhere than play here?

Especially as just recently Joe Murphy stated he wanted to be playing for as long as possible, if he does go to Huddersfield it must means Smithies is on his way out or Smurf is telling porkies..

J

Jack Griffin

Especially as just recently Joe Murphy stated he wanted to be playing for as long as possible, if he does go to Huddersfield it must means Smithies is on his way out or Smurf is telling porkies..

He probably will get a 2 year contract there & only 1 year is on offer here.. salary is not the only consideration is it!

ccfcway

A fair wedge of wages saved with him off the books.

They just need Baker to go now and the wage bill will be about as low as they can get.

mrbluesky87

Such a shame, great keeper in my opinion especially at this level, never got the accolades he deserved. Good luck to him however it would appear quite evident that they want rid of all of the highest earners thus the better footballers leavin us with just a very in-experienced squad and in my eyes we are odds on to get relegated.

torchomatic

Well, Huddersfield eh? Does the fact that it's not anyone raise any concerns with Murphy, Christie, etc? Let's face it if it wasn't for Robins that I certainly don't think Murphy would be going anywhere and chances are neither would Christie. I know money talks and I would certainly leave if someone offered me lots more money. Christie in a way I can understand, he's young and all that. Murphy? I think he'd be silly. He's just got back into the ROI squad because of his performances for us. He's in great form, the fans like him, it seems odd to leave just to sit on a bench. Still, money talks I guess.

Danceswithhorses

A fair wedge of wages saved with him off the books. They just need Baker to go now and the wage bill will be about as low as they can get.
And similarly, the current squad will be about as low in quality as is possible.
With no decent signings expected due to lack of funds, and on the back of relegation form since Jan/Feb, the future looks sadly bleak.

Last edited:

The Gentleman

Well, Huddersfield eh? Does the fact that it's not anyone raise any concerns with Murphy, Christie, etc? Let's face it if it wasn't for Robins that I certainly don't think Murphy would be going anywhere and chances are neither would Christie. I know money talks and I would certainly leave if someone offered me lots more money. Christie in a way I can understand, he's young and all that. Murphy? I think he'd be silly. He's just got back into the ROI squad because of his performances for us. He's in great form, the fans like him, it seems odd to leave just to sit on a bench. Still, money talks I guess.

If that is the case then and he should stay at Cov, can you show me anywhere that we have actually offered him a contract? not people just saying we'd like you to stay but an actual contract, otherwise what would you expect him to do?

The information I got was to many clubs in for him, he wants to stay but will be sold. His sale must be what SP is waiting for to see how much of a budget he will have. If any supporters buy a season ticket pay with a credit card to ensure you can get your money back if the worse happens. Remember Joys words.

ccfcway

If that is the case then and he should stay at Cov, can you show me anywhere that we have actually offered him a contract? not people just saying we'd like you to stay but an actual contract, otherwise what would you expect him to do?

the most anyone linked to the club has said is "talking to agents". I think they have stopped short of saying they have offered any contracts

Users who are viewing this thread