Joe Cole (1 Viewer)

Johhny Blue

.....................and now you' gotta believe us.................................

hill83

It's interesting how everybody on social media is suddenly a Coventry fan now we are headline news. I love part time/glory supporting fans.

I hate the fuckers. But if they turn up and we continue to perform and they keep turning up, it can only be a good thing.

phildownunder

I`ve seen a lot of rumours on here over time, ranging from the highly unlikely to the downright silly and truth be told, I would think many of us thought "yeah, right" when Joe Cole`s name popped up. If so, those of us who stayed silent shouldn`t be too ready now to ridicule those who spoke out at the time.

On the loan itself, I think we should keep our feet on the ground here. It`s only a 35 day loan at this stage (although of course it could be extended). What I think is more significant is the fact that players like Cole and Eagles are even considering coming to City in the 3rd tier. As I see it this can only be down to the Mowbray factor and augers very well for the club as to other players who might be attracted to the club in the future if he stays around for a good while.

stevefloyd

Absolutely correct Phil... what a difference a manager can make... and I have to admit well done to Sisu for getting him here in the 1st instance...love them or hate them they managed to sink our club to new depths but hopefully to coin a phrase the only way is up and atm its happening with a little gusto long may it continue but still early days yet PUSB

chiefdave

On the website text commentary Kieran has said Cole was behind the move, he had seen us play and contacted TM.

Hobo

Joe Cole hasn't played a full Premier League game since Boxing Day 2013. Approach with caution. Once one of England's brightest prospects, his career seems to have gone into decline early and has been on the slide for sometime.

This would appear to be a make or break loan for the player to get back on track.

Gazolba

Joe Cole hasn't played a full Premier League game since Boxing Day 2013. Approach with caution. Once one of England's brightest prospects, his career seems to have gone into decline early and has been on the slide for sometime.

Be careful. With comments like that, someone on here will be accusing you of not being a 'ray of sunshine'.

Gint11

Yeah but Cole at League 1 level will be head and shoulders above everyone else. It's a massive coup for the club - even for 35 loan days. It puts us on the map and people will stand up and notice this, on top of the fact we are doing well.

Captain Dart

Press conference today at Ryton, 12:30, Cov Telegraph will be reporting.. and maybe even some of the nationals!

ms639

can we add these features to the forum:

a) worst rumour award
b) most humble pie to be consumed

A weekly/ monthly award maybe?

Few winners on this post

Astute

Villa should put him in their bomb squad.

shmmeee

I imagine if he does the business there'll be clubs at least in the Championship that he'd get offers from we can't match. Unless he falls in love with the place and plays for virtually nothing. Which let's face it never happens.

H

Huckerby

I imagine if he does the business there'll be clubs at least in the Championship that he'd get offers from we can't match. Unless he falls in love with the place and plays for virtually nothing. Which let's face it never happens.
I hardly think he would have been short for offers in the championship anyway? I genuinely think he wanted to come here

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

stupot07

From what TM said post match on Saturday, he'd had plenty of offers from championship clubs but he wants to play Passing football, not one touch and knock it into the channels for the strikers type of football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

covcity4life

I hardly think he would have been short for offers in the championship anyway? I genuinely think he wanted to come here

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

i agree, hes 33 now, end is in sight, maybe he just wants to ENJOY football?

hes got money, now perhaps he wants to play for a manager who plays attacking fun football and in a league where hes better than everyone else, because lets face it,that must feel good.

fingers crossed

ready_96

Cant wait to see the effect he has. The perfectly weighted through balls...a little burst of pace and quick feet to get past a few players...i think his quality will show and i cant wait haha

covcity4life

Cant wait to see the effect he has. The perfectly weighted through balls...a little burst of pace and quick feet to get past a few players...i think his quality will show and i cant wait haha

lol im so excited! that goal vs man utd where does a 360 pirouette is amazing

chiefdave

At the very least he has no future at Villa it seems, given he has a newborn as well he probably won't be interested in moving location as well so looking hopeful.

Where does he live? That would narrow down potential alternatives. He seems like the sort of chap who would have been carefull with his money so not in desperate need of a pay day.

Maybe if he wants to go down the coaching role we could look at offering something where he can do his badges with us. Imagine TM would be a good mentor for him if he wants to go down that route.

chiefdave

During the commentary on the club website at the weekend Kieran mentioned that Cole approached us about coming here after seeing us play.

Terry Gibson's perm

Where does he live? That would narrow down potential alternatives. He seems like the sort of chap who would have been carefull with his money so not in desperate need of a pay day.

Maybe if he wants to go down the coaching role we could look at offering something where he can do his badges with us. Imagine TM would be a good mentor for him if he wants to go down that route.

i don't believe everything on the Internet but people estimate his wealth at somewhere between £18m and £35 million quite a big difference that!

Last edited:

covcity4life

weird to say but we could do with villa winning some matches, a new manager may not want cole out. lets keep timmy in!

skybluebeduff

Ha!

giphy.gif

Astute

i don't believe everything on the Internet but people estimate his wealth at somewhere between £18 and £35 million quite a big difference that!

I would guess closer to £35m than £18. Even we will be paying more than £18 a week :D

Users who are viewing this thread