Jodi (1 Viewer)

BornSlippySkyBlue

To give a bit of background Jodi got clattered in a tackle on Friday, not malicious, just a slip as the opponent went in
The medical team checked him out & he had a full range of movement and was able to do a full squat and hop on the leg (his right)
And jog without much pain or discomfort
He was sent home with ibruprofen and told to ice the knee
It improved overnight and the medics thoroughly checked everything again on Saturday then again on Monday
Initial thoughts were that it was a knock that would maybe mean a few missed training sessions
But he went for a scan as a precaution
It was only then that the ACL damage was discovered
It's heartbreaking for the lad and he will need a lot of support
Andy Williams will do the op - he did his last one on his left knee
He's probably the best knee surgeon in the UK
If anyone can come back from this it's JJ
But what do you know, cough @Greggs

RegTheDonk

They looked after Busst pretty well AFAIK. He’s had a career in football at least.
That was horrific.

Perhaps not as spectacular and dramatic (THAT photo!) , but the club have stuck by Jodi which shows great support for someone who's spent so much time on the sick list. Hope there's a role behind the scenes for the lad, I'd be worried sick if he started training never mind playing competatively.

larry_david

How the hell does an acl work. He's walked off, jogged after, squat after and gone as a precaution and found it's a bad un. What a shit injury.

SleepyGinger

Absolutely gutted for him. Clubs should do what they can to help him through his recovery mentally and physically even if that goes beyond the end of his contract.

SkyBlueSam01

Poor lad.

I was reading the other day about AS Roma, 20 ACLs in 6 seasons between 16 players. The average in Serie A is 0.4 per season so you'd expect 2.4 ACLs over the course of 6 seasons.

There was a suspicion that it was the training ground grass but the whole complex was redone last year and the injuries continue.

5 different managers in that time so unlikely that the training regime is to blame.

Maybe it's all just bad luck?

In Italy they usually use a post-ACL injury return to play protocol that lasts like 4 months and they get constant re-injuries... Its really weird

SkyBlueSam01

How the hell does an acl work. He's walked off, jogged after, squat after and gone as a precaution and found it's a bad un. What a shit injury.

This is part of the reasoning behind the conservative treatment approach! The hamstrings can essentially do the job of the ACL if trained correctly and if he isn't actually displaying functional deficits Id be really reluctant to put him through the surgery again personally!

cc84cov

Fully expect another loan to come in now after this has happened

he’s deleted all his Instagram posts,heartbreaking how can this happen to him yet again 💔

For the older city fans this feels very much like Lee Hurst. Young player who after watching you thought would go all the way in the game until cruelly robbed due to knee injury (and in some ways worse due to the way it happened as not on the pitch). The only positive is that clearly advances mean players do recover these days and Jodi needs to look to Callum Wilson as already mentioned in the week he moves for £20m. Hopefully someone can put him in touch as he comes across very positive and level headed. All the very best Jodi if reading this thread at some point.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

To give a bit of background Jodi got clattered in a tackle on Friday, not malicious, just a slip as the opponent went in
The medical team checked him out & he had a full range of movement and was able to do a full squat and hop on the leg (his right)
It improved overnight and the medics thoroughly checked everything again on Saturday then again on Monday
Initial thoughts were that it was a knock that would maybe mean a few missed training sessions

Thought it would be Williams, he’s in great hands.

Irish Sky Blue

I think emotion aside, it would be insane for the club to offer him a contract that wasn't pay as you play after he recovers and his contract runs out

Jodi has had his previous 2 injuries almost straight after recovery which doesn't bode well
Sometimes maybe, you have to look at the person and not the player. Would it cost the club that much to offer him another year if he tries to come back for the third time? We know from the previous two injuries that even this time next year he won't be up to speed. Surely it would be the right thing to do to give him the reassurance that he won't be unemployed if he does decide to fight on. At least that would be one less thing for him to worry about. It would also show the club in a good light.
I know Robins is ruthless in moving players on, rightly so. In this case I hope that both he and the club shows a bit of class and gives Jodie that extra year.

Nick

Administrator

Shit, I feel sorry for the person who tackled him as well :(

robbiekeane

Fuck.
What the fuck do I know I’m no expert but a glass half full approach would be that the second ACL injury was really just a reoccurrence of the first one from being brought back too quickly and/or the surgery not being successful. So this is the second but the first on his other knee. Calumn Wilson had one on each knee didn’t he and now look at him.
Hope he can do it - god he must feel so fucking annoyed and like the world is against him.

higgs

If you can get word back to him better days let him know we are thinking of him and want to see him back in sky blue in the future he can get back once he has the right support network

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Covkid1968#

Just got off the plane from Athens to see all this..... really sad awful news....but the blokes come back before and is in great hands and mentally tough. Just so fecking shite on the eve of a season where he and us were going to see him show us what he can do on a big stage.

Hertsccfc

It would be. The likes of Emerson and Oakey were great players. I saw Oakey and his career ending day. I’m afraid it’s the way it goes and it is just unlucky
At least treatments have improved massively since then though. Agree both of them were great players

BornSlippySkyBlue

Fuck.
What the fuck do I know I’m no expert but a glass half full approach would be that the second ACL injury was really just a reoccurrence of the first one from being brought back too quickly and/or the surgery not being successful. So this is the second but the first on his other knee. Calumn Wilson had one on each knee didn’t he and now look at him.
Hope he can do it - god he must feel so fucking annoyed and like the world is against him.
That’s the way I thought about it too, and I’m also no expert!

SkyblueTexan

Was counting on him to finally offer our team something (maybe off the bench) and really thought he was past the worst. Such a shame. This has to be the last straw unfortunately. For his own safety and well-being he needs to step away. Some things are just not meant to be.

Alkhen

Not sure people should be saying this is it, career over. That's really disrespectful and insensitive IMO

I think the breakdown after the first op has gotten people confused. Plenty of players at the top level have done both their acls and recovered.

Maybe he had a weakness in his knees? he has now done both and with rehab he can recover and come back stronger. I hope the club back him.

covcity4life

So gutted for him and for our team selfishly. Really would have been a great option at amc

He's not active on Twitter which in itself says a lot. Will need a few down days before motivation comes back to return I think

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Sometimes maybe, you have to look at the person and not the player. Would it cost the club that much to offer him another year if he tries to come back for the third time? We know from the previous two injuries that even this time next year he won't be up to speed. Surely it would be the right thing to do to give him the reassurance that he won't be unemployed if he does decide to fight on. At least that would be one less thing for him to worry about. It would also show the club in a good light.
I know Robins is ruthless in moving players on, rightly so. In this case I hope that both he and the club shows a bit of class and gives Jodie that extra year.
Problem we’ll have is like I said on another post. It depends which league we’re in. Anything other than a pay as you play deal would be madness. On top of that if we’re back in league one - we’ll need the wage for the salary cap.

remember it’s fickle business where Jones could have had a storming season and left us on a free at the end of the season

I’d hope he’s here to stay to get the treatment and support he needs, but ultimately he hasn’t played in nearly 3 years and new contracts just can’t given vecuase we feel sorry for him

Bertola

I've often thought that you are close to Jodi, and that he's been your source on a lot of the stuff you post. I obviously don't expect you to clarify anything, but if my hunch is right, please give him as much support as you can, and let him know that 99% of the fan base are still right behind him.

Corrado

From what Better days has reported it does sound like a "Minor" trauma or sprain, still having full range of motion and being able to squat etc so hopefully the recovery time will be shorter. Does anyone know the extent of his previous ACL injuries? Were they full or partial tears. I have no doubt he will be back in a City shirt soon, he seems to have the right mentality to deal with this.

skyblueinBaku

I went cold when I read about it. Poor lad, such cruel luck. However, it's not uncharted territory for him. He knows that he can recover from this type of injury, and knows what is required to get over the physical effects. He also knows the mental effects and how to deal with them. He knows what is in front of him and knows that he can overcome.

better days

From what Better days has reported it does sound like a "Minor" trauma or sprain, still having full range of motion and being able to squat etc so hopefully the recovery time will be shorter. Does anyone know the extent of his previous ACL injuries? Were they full or partial tears. I have no doubt he will be back in a City shirt soon, he seems to have the right mentality to deal with this.
The first one was a complete rupture
After his first op he was never able to fully straighten his leg and of course it went again after only a few appearances
Andy Williams did the second op which seemed much more successful
He's going to do the next one so hopefully that will see the same outcome

Users who are viewing this thread