Jodi (1 Viewer)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

For sure he will have an increased risk of osteoarthritis when he’s older. But he needs the surgery regardless, and he will have access to the best physios and facilities.

Wonder what they’ll do when his contract expires.
Sadly they’ll release him. It’s a cruel game sometimes. Really hope he can pick himself up from this.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Gutted for him. As well as repair the injury I hope they investigate why he's so susceptible. His game is based on sharp twists and turns which doesn't help but three ACL's just isn't normal.

Reactions: TTG

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Gutted for Jodi, because it's the other knee he might still have a chance to play football again.

the rumpo kid

When he did it the second time , I didn't think he would ever make a career in football, I'm so disappointed for the guy to have worked so hard then to have everything collapse again, your not dead mate just a life in coaching , or maybe a physio, good luck whatever happens next. We will all be watching and waiting for you to turn a corner into success.

skybluepm2

To come back from 2 with such determination and to get to the levels he’s been performing at in pre-season must have been so rewarding, coming back from rock bottom. To have that taken away so soon, with under a year on his contract will be utterly gut-wrenching. Forgetting about the option he may have represented for us in the Championship in a couple of months time, on a personal level I wish him all the luck in the world in his recovery. My heart really did sink when someone text and told me.

Last edited:

matesx

Poor poor lad, I’m absolutely gutted for him.

He will need family and friends around him to mentally deal with this.

I’m sure our club will do all they can too.

Magwitch

Bloody hell that’s shit news. I believe it’s his other knee but still crap and possibly career threatening I’d think. Fingers crossed for him.

shmmeee

Poor lad. I’m sure if there’s any chance at all medically for him to come back to a career playing he’ll do it, lads shown his mental strength already.

Hope the club does him right and he gets through the absolute gut punch he must be feeling right now.

cooperskyblue

I'm gutted. Forget us. This is about a young man who for the 3rd time has been hit with a hammer blow to his career at no fault of his own.
I'm not writing his football or CCFC career over, he needs all the support possible.
Truly truly gutted for him. Heart dropped like a stone reading that news.

lordy_87

How must he feel when he wakes up in the mornings? This is heartbreaking news. He probably couldn't feel any worse than he does right now. I massively hope everything works out alright for him in the end, weather he's still in football or not.

AFCCOVENTRY

Absolute gut wrench this. Looked really good in pre season and great mental strength to get back. As someone mentioned in his last year of his contract. I hope we get to see him show case his talents in sky blue once more in the future.

jordan210

Poor guy. Always seams to want to give 100% all the time. Hope he stays strong

Why do we get so many ACL injuries

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Can I suggest for those that wish to, we change our avatar to a picture of JJ. Only a small gesture, but if it gets back to him, I'm sure he'll appreciate it. Off to do so in a minute. Gutted for him.

Have a flag made of Jodi Jones and place it next to the Mark Robins flag.

no_loyalty

What an absolute curse for the lad, I was looking forward to seeing him in the Championship. It's going to be tough but I really hope he can come back from this.

no_loyalty

Gutted. Coming back from 2 ACLs is brilliant, but has anyone ever recovered from 3? 😭

Duncan Watmore has I believe, but don't think he has played that many games since.

Last edited:

SkyBlueSam01

Its a topic with a lot of grey area and not as many solid answers as we would like in the medical field... but here are a few thoughts presented in a pretty scatty manner:

Unfortunately there isn't too much concrete evidence on ACL injuries to pinpoint exactly why we are getting so many. I believe the club had an internal investigation into it last season but I don't know what the conclusion was.

Some athletes are certainly more predisposed to ACL injuries due to things like having weak hamstrings compared to their quads etc. but that is something that would have been rectified by the medical team with Jodi considering his history... Other things such as the wideness of your hips may play a part 🍑, but again there isn't too much evidence about it and this can't be trained out anyway.

HOWEVER

I would be optimistic for Jodi and his career... depending on the collateral damage sustained to the other structures in his knees. There are various recent cases of real top level athletes (I'm talking Premier League wingers and fly halves in Rugby Union) who have suffered fully ruptured ACLs but elected to have conservative treatment (essentially just physio and strength and conditioning) rather than surgery to fix the ACL, and basically gone on to have long successful careers without the ligament really being there at all! It's an approach that is gaining some traction atm, and although (as per) there isn't much, if any, evidence about it in elite athletes, it's a route I would expect Jodi and the people around him to really think about, especially considering the lack of success he has had going the surgical route.

Having said that the article says he will be operated on by the best surgeon in Europe... So maybe there have been issues with previous operations that he and the club are aware of and believe they can do better. Even if they do go for surgery to fix his ACL again, and it goes AGAIN, he does have options beyond surgery!

Basically, his future career depends more on the general state of his knees (cartilage, bone and other ligaments etc.) rather than the fact he keeps doing his ACLs...

matesx

What’s social media like? I don’t use it.

Hopefully no knobs running him down.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Genuinely devastated for him. Hope he has a strong support network around him to help him through this. I would imagine his playing career is over, perhaps he could help nurture similar talents in a coaching role both mentally from those returning rim injury and physically in terms of similar players. I dread to think how smug that prick on twitter is feeling, luckily have blocked him so hope not to see it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BornSlippySkyBlue

Love the lad but his Time at cov is done, get him fixed up and shipped off unfortunately many players don't recover from 2 acl injuries let alone 3.
Although I believe it’s the other knee this time? So in effect you could say it’s the first ACL (on that knee)...

Users who are viewing this thread