Jodi (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

If there hasn’t been already there needs to be a serious investigation into what we’re doing in training that’s resulting in so many ACL injuries.
I think it's across the board, we may be slightly more than other teams but not by too much, they think they it's due to modern boots.

Johnnythespider

Really feel for him, hard to see him playing at the level we want to be but never say never, haven't felt this bad for a player since Lee Hursts army assault course mishap.

vow

Fuckin gutted for the lad, he'll come back even stronger, hopefully.

Mentally tough on the lad, but believe he'll have very good support.

Kieranp96

Love the lad but his Time at cov is done, get him fixed up and shipped off unfortunately many players don't recover from 2 acl injuries let alone 3.

ccfcway

Glass half full.

Hes had a 4 year professional footballer contract, experienced 2 promotions and played a wembley. And if it’s not on the pitch, has an entire career ahead of him.

whilst it’s absolutely shocking news, chin up Jodi, you have already experienced 100% more than pretty much everyone on this site would have traded their grandma for

NorthernWisdom

I have no idea how he's going to cope. That is going to take some mental strength
Yeah. If it's his other knee you'd think he'd have a chance on a purely fitness level, but going to be a hell of a slog for him to pick himself up yet again. Plus all the seasons he'll miss when he's barely played, and although the club did the right thing extending his contract for this season, doubt they'll do it next.

On the plus side, he's got the full season to hopefully get some support and encouragement and hope.

Johnnythespider

It's not all in training, Andreu, Jobello and Max all did theirs in matches, i think it's bladed boots but i have no evidence to back it up.

chiefdave

This is heartbreaking.

What are the chances of him actually coming back from this a third time? Is even attempting to continue his career risking long term consequences? Sure those conversations will be happening.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Obviously a weakness. He was brought back in so slowly with the help of covid too. Sounds harsh but its better he knew now than in a few years. Hopefully he stays in the game in some capacity. super talented player with awful luck.
Although in a few years he could very possibly have set himself up for life. Doubt he’s earned enough from his career so far to do that. Poor kid and such a waste of talent. Obviously has the right attitude as well to have come back twice. Really pissed off about this, shows you how fine the line is between a Maddison and no career at all.

AlansEyes

Get the comments about bad luck but there comes a point where as hard as it is, it goes past had luck and you have to acknowledge that perhaps his body just isnt up to the demands of professional football. I'm sure Michael Owen said his career was over as soon as he started picking up hamstring injuries as his body just wasnt cut out to cope with the demands.

Really feel for the bloke. I see comments on FB are already saying 'get rid of this sick note' and 'Robins will release him now' This is a lad losing his dream career, have some heart!

chiefdave

It's not all in training, Andreu, Jobello and Max all did theirs in matches, i think it's bladed boots but i have no evidence to back it up.
We've got a decent sized medical team and there has been some turnover in staff while this run of ACLs has been going on. Would expect someone to have picked up on an issue if we were doing something different to other teams that was causing the issue.

This was what Robins previously said about the number of ACL injuries we have had.
"Unfortunately, it's something that's become more prevalent in the game," Robins told BBC Coventry & Warwickshire.

"You see people up and down the country doing their cruciates. It's the speed the game is played at nowadays and the demands that are placed on players."

Blind-Faith

I’m just gutted for him. Looked sharp back in pre season. God knows how he’s feeling . Even if it’s not for us , I hope he makes it back and has a good career somewhere else

NortonSkyBlue

If there hasn’t been already there needs to be a serious investigation into what we’re doing in training that’s resulting in so many ACL injuries.
The second one wasn’t a contact injury, he went down without anybody close to him in a gameThis will be very hard on him mentally and the one saving grace is that it was the other leg.

Kieranp96

The second one wasn’t a contact injury, he went down without anybody close to him in a gameThis will be very hard on him mentally and the one saving grace is that it was the other leg.
Yea he turned on it and he just crumbled, right in front of us we knew he fuxked his knee up again straight away.

TewkesburySkyBlue

Get the comments about bad luck but there comes a point where as hard as it is, it goes past had luck and you have to acknowledge that perhaps his body just isnt up to the demands of professional football. I'm sure Michael Owen said his career was over as soon as he started picking up hamstring injuries as his body just wasnt cut out to cope with the demands.

Really feel for the bloke. I see comments on FB are already saying 'get rid of this sick note' and 'Robins will release him now' This is a lad losing his dream career, have some heart!
Unfortunately we have some major DICKHEAD supporters

chiefdave

I see comments on FB are already saying 'get rid of this sick note' and 'Robins will release him now' This is a lad losing his dream career, have some heart!
No need for people to make posts like that. Jones has spoken before about how tough the injuries have been mentally, doesn't need people piling on now.

If it is career ending then I'd hope the club offer him a role as they did with Busst.

covboy9

Poor bloke this is probably the end of his career shame, talent not as important as your body, his body isn’t upto it

BornSlippySkyBlue

This is heartbreaking.

What are the chances of him actually coming back from this a third time? Is even attempting to continue his career risking long term consequences? Sure those conversations will be happening.
For sure he will have an increased risk of osteoarthritis when he’s older. But he needs the surgery regardless, and he will have access to the best physios and facilities.

Wonder what they’ll do when his contract expires.

Kieranp96

No need for people to make posts like that. Jones has spoken before about how tough the injuries have been mentally, doesn't need people piling on now.

If it is career ending then I'd hope the club offer him a role as they did with Busst.
Ignore this Jones has played more games than bustt 🤣

Mucca Mad Boys

Such a shame. Just as he earned a new contract too. If the club is willing to use the ‘best surgeon in Europe’, then there’s a glimmer of hope for him that we will look to keep to him on.

He was looking good in pre-season too.

Brighton Sky Blue

In the interests of his own long term health he should probably call it a day here and the club should help with getting him pursue a non-playing role once he's had time to think about things. It's gutting that both we and him are being robbed of the chance to see how good he could have become (or not).

Users who are viewing this thread