Jodi Jones (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

18 year old winger from Dagenham who's signed on loan with a permanent deal agreed for the summer. Supposedly Dagenham turned down £300,000 from Charlton a few months back, so we must be paying a decent fee for him.

torchomatic

I like these surprise signings.

CovisGod

In before the negativity !

Always nice to see a new face arriving at Cov, looking forward to seeing what the lad can do

AFCCOVENTRY

Wow...that's a good signing. Good future ahead of him and really could make an impact for us now if I'm honest.

6 figure sum must have been agreed for him.

Nathccfc

Could this be some of the maddison money being reinvested. Can't understand all the negativity on facebook with this signing, hopefully we can pick a few more gems up from the lower league, good move by the club to loan him first and then if they still consider him a talent, sign him in he summer. Obviously I would have thought that we have agreed a fee prior to the loan. Hence why it was said that the deal took some time to sort.

Bugsy

Seems like a good prospect. Well done city nice little boost to hav for the run in. Haven't heard much about him myself but what I've seen in that video he looks quick, knows where the net is and if he has lots of interest in him it can only be a good thing we hav snapped him up 1st...welcome to the skyblue family JJ....PUSB

torchomatic

From what Venus just said on the radio seems like he's for next season "if things work out ".

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

torchomatic

I know youtube videos always make players look good but he's scored some crackers.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Gazolba

Can we call him 'JJ'?

fernandopartridge

Could this be some of the maddison money being reinvested. Can't understand all the negativity on facebook with this signing, hopefully we can pick a few more gems up from the lower league, good move by the club to loan him first and then if they still consider him a talent, sign him in he summer. Obviously I would have thought that we have agreed a fee prior to the loan. Hence why it was said that the deal took some time to sort.
Because most people are morons

shmmeee

Man has a superhero alliterative name, must be good.

Sounds like a cracking signing, may as well chuck him in to be honest, we've been in need of a winger.

Terry Gibson's perm

Never heard of him but had never heard of Stokes and he has done ok and I had never heard of players like Stuart Pearce and he done ok, I would rather sign players with hunger and potential than some others in a final pay day.

Sick Boy

Sounds like a really promising signing, not surprised the usual ones who like to bash the club are nowhere to be seen.

SlowerThanPlatt

I think he's going to be involved with the U21s most likely. On the site it says he'll be training with the U21s tomorrow and possibly playing against Bristol City on Tuesday for them.

AFCCOVENTRY

To be honest the lower league signings have been good for us like Stokes, Vince

Hopefully Rose will come good after a pre season.

With all the players leaving in a few months we need a new core spine of perm players.

Next season at the moment

RCC
Willis Stokes
Rose JJ Vincelot
Sambou

I would say we need to extend Martin's contract asap. Fleck will be in the championship if we are not promoted.

With Martin that would be 8 first teamers.

shy_tall_knight

Never knock the lower leagues 7 of the cup winning team played lower league before joining us.
Oggy - Shrewsbury
Downes - Signed from Norwich but was non-league in ability
Dave Philipps - Plymouth
Killer - N/A
Peake Lincoln
Gyn - Peterborough
McGraph - N/A
Bennett - Cardiff
Houchen York
Regis - Hayes utd
Pickering -N/A

Calista

It makes a nice change to be thinking about something positive for once. If would be good if the Maddison money allows us to do a few deals like this - nobody is demanding big-name signings, just something to suggest there might be a plan.

the rumpo kid

to be fair stokes and martin were shite last year, stokes was always getting caught out of position or in possession and every time martin went near the ball it went out of play, BUT credit where its due both have been very good this season under the guidance of mogga.

AFCCOVENTRY

What Mogga has done is take the likes of Stokes and Martin and develop their game.

I'm all for potential lower league talent being moulded into our team.

Terry Gibson's perm

Never knock the lower leagues 7 of the cup winning team played lower league before joining us.
Oggy - Shrewsbury
Downes - Signed from Norwich but was non-league in ability
Dave Philipps - Plymouth
Killer - N/A
Peake Lincoln
Gyn - Peterborough
McGraph - N/A
Bennett - Cardiff
Houchen York
Regis - Hayes utd
Pickering -N/A

Pickering was at a club that should be non league and has all the class of a lower league team

Users who are viewing this thread