Jodi Jones (1 Viewer)

Skyblueweeman

I know he probably wont read it but for the first time ever, I've sent a famous person a private message on social media. Messaged him on Insta saying that I was devo'ed for him and that after taking huge mental strength to come back from not one but two ACLs, that he would need to call on that amazing strength to get over this. Wished him well and hoped that we saw him playing football in the not too distant future.

robbiekeane

I know he probably wont read it but for the first time ever, I've sent a famous person a private message on social media. Messaged him on Insta saying that I was devo'ed for him and that after taking huge mental strength to come back from not one but two ACLs, that he would need to call on that amazing strength to get over this. Wished him well and hoped that we saw him playing football in the not too distant future.
Same. I have never done that but I dm’d him on insta and Twitter saying he can do this and we are all backing him to do so.

robbiekeane

Do you think there's anything we can do for him? Just a token like a card on behalf of the forum to say we're thinking of him or something.
Do you think we could get someone at the club to send us all of the best photos of him in action as well as some of the recent ones of him scoring, and we could do some kind of moonpig style print with a message from whoever wants to write one?

Sky Blue Pete

Do you think we could get someone at the club to send us all of the best photos of him in action as well as some of the recent ones of him scoring, and we could do some kind of moonpig style print with a message from whoever wants to write one?
How does that work practically?

cooperskyblue

I would be fully behind this. We aren't supporting a player here but a young man who seems like a great lad and wants to do his bets for himself and the club. Heartbreaking that 3 times he has been dealt a horrible hand. I feel immensely for him.

mark82

Something like;

Stay Strong Jodi. The Sky Blue Army are behind you & believe in you. Fight Back - You’ve Got This. JJ7 - PUSB

Yep, I think just something like this. Would be too clunky to do individual messages I think. I'll sort something tomorrow. If anyone else has any specific ideas in respect to the message let me know on here and I'll put something together.

skybluepm2

This is a great idea. I’m sure between Pete and Mark that the right words will be found to express the sympathy and wholehearted support of the forum.

It might also be worth revisiting this and issuing further posts of support further down the line, given the long and grueling road to recovery that he will have to endure over the next 12 months (particularly after incurring the same horrific injury for a 3rd time in 3 years!).

I’m sure it would give him a nice little morale boost every 3 months or so and remind him that he’s not been forgotten about, we are with him every step of the way and remains highly thought of.

I simply cannot imagine what he must be going through right now. ☹️

Reactions: vow

mmttww

What about a video of folks giving him a quick message? Everyone records their message, someone stitches them together.

mark82

What about a video of folks giving him a quick message? Everyone records their message, someone stitches them together.

Yeah, someone else has suggested this to me too. Happy to collate them into a single video if someone sends to me.

usskyblue

Let’s not make this another flag opinion thread ffs.... by the time we get this sorted he’ll be near his fucking comeback game.

Keep it simple and send a collective message from the forum to the club in support of Jodi. Use my words, pick some of your own, it really doesn’t matter as long as it’s genuine. There’s enough material between this and the other Jodi thread to come up with something.

mark82

Let’s not make this another flag opinion thread ffs.... by the time we get this sorted he’ll be near his fucking comeback game.

Keep it simple and send a collective message from the forum to the club in support of Jodi. Use my words, pick some of your own, it really doesn’t matter as long as it’s genuine. There’s enough material between this and the other Jodi thread to come up with something.

Doing that anyway.

steve cooper

I see the Twtter thread has been closed, good thing too. but it got me thinking.
Does anyone remember the story of Ruud Van Nystelrooy? He was due to join Man United in 2000, and the transfer was postponed due to concerns about his fitness. The next day in training he went all out to prove he was fit and tore his ACL.
I'm not drawing any direct comparisons between the 2 players or their injuries, but it was obvious from Jody's responses to suggestions that he was finished, that he was deeply hurt, and was intent on proving those people wrong.
Maybe that goes some way to explaining why the club got involved?

curly_tom

What is the Twitter thread? It doesn't seem to be there. Was it that same guy who likes to agitate by any chance?

Users who are viewing this thread