Jodi Jones (2 Viewers)

better days

Was he messaging Jodi on Twitter since the injury?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
From what I've heard the lad is keeping away from social media
There is a lot of anger at the club about it though apparently

ccfc1234

How does anyone take some sort of pride from JJ suffering in this way? When I heard about his prediction I throught he was purely talking about footballing ability. Fact he is using this as some sort of I told u so speaks volumes for the lad and his pathetic little mind.

steve cooper

Apologies if it was my post that re-started this.
I think Jody is a special case when talking about how players should ignore negative and destabilising comments due to his incredible bad luck so early in his (hopefully long) playing career.
I hope he is coping OK.

usskyblue

If people wanna talk about something, let them talk about it 🤷‍♂️
agreed censorship is the worst thing that can happen

The bloke is clearly a troll and it was talked to death on another thread. He continued to contribute tripe before it got locked for going around in circles. We don’t need a repeat. People can read the Twitter thread if they want to judge for themselves

Grendel

The bloke is clearly a troll and it was talked to death on another thread. He continued to contribute tripe before it got locked for going around in circles. We don’t need a repeat. People can read the Twitter thread if they want to judge for themselves

Or people who don’t want To discuss It on here just don’t and let others do?

Grendel

Exactly what’s left to discuss beyond the Twitter thread?

Again it’s not for you or me to be the judge of it - just stay off the thread if you don’t like it

I think the club encouraged this with its retweet nonsense and now it’s allowed a response from him and they need to modify their responses - so that’s a discussion point isn’t it?

usskyblue

Again it’s not for you or me to be the judge of it - just stay off the thread if you don’t like it

I think the club encouraged this with its retweet nonsense and now it’s allowed a response from him and they need to modify their responses - so that’s a discussion point isn’t it?

You say you’re not the one to judge in your first sentence ...then judge the club in the second.

robbiekeane

Any news on Jones’ recovery timeline? Obviously it won’t be for months and months yet but just wondering if there had been an update. Assuming he had his op already?

@better days any news?

better days

Any news on Jones’ recovery timeline? Obviously it won’t be for months and months yet but just wondering if there had been an update. Assuming he had his op already?

@better days any news?
He's been back at the club for a while now working in the gym apparently
Had to keep his weight off it for a few weeks but through that now and working hard on rehab
I guess if it wasn't for the shut down he'd be helping with the family zone on match days

higgs

He's been back at the club for a while now working in the gym apparently
Had to keep his weight off it for a few weeks but through that now and working hard on rehab
I guess if it wasn't for the shut down he'd be helping with the family zone on match days
That's good to hear hopefully he's in the right head space now and can get himself back to fitness. I suppose he won't be back to play any part this season

Skyblueweeman

The thing is, and I want him to return to the team, he might get ready physically but mentally will be really tough for him.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him pull out of challenge after challenge to ensure either of his knees doesn't go again.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Then what ? His contract ends doesn’t it ? Extend again ?

How often do we do that though? We've got a small budget in comparison as it is and he's now done his knee three times. In many ways he was fortunate that the club extended it last time. It was a good show of faith by the club and it hasn't worked out. Plus how much do you think the insurance and medical costs are for a player of that nature with three torn ACL's?

Ask yourself which other players you'd be willing to offer another deal to who'd been out injured for the best part of three years? It's not like he's some superstar signing with proven pedigree in the Championship - we plucked him from a team all but relegated from L2 who were miles adrift. He's hardly played above that level.

We should support him through his rehabilitation even it it extends beyond his contract but beyond that nothing more than pay-as-you-play effectively on a trial to see if he can physically and mentally hold out. Anything other than that isn't based on sensible financial management. It's then up to him whether he wants to accept that. If he doesn't it's his choice. We've stood by him for far longer than many teams would've.

higgs

Then what ? His contract ends doesn’t it ? Extend again ?
If it suited both parties to agree a deal why not maybe a small weekly retainer a pay as you play deal to safeguard the club and give Jody a chance and if he gets back to full fitness and performs well maybe discuss new terms. Seems a good lad deserves another chance

Users who are viewing this thread