Jodi Jones - Loan out, U23s or 1st Squad (1 Viewer)

edgy

Just wondering what the general feeling is around Jones.

Would he benefit from a 6 month loan to League 1?

Does he start with the u23's?

Or straight into first team contention?

JulianDarbyFTW

U23s for a while, then off the bench as his fitness and confidence increase - that's assuming MR and AV believe he has the ability to have an impact - they probably hope he does, based on the contract extension, but now has to prove it.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I’d imagine initially he comes back as cover for O’Hare. Ultimately he isn’t tested outside of league two but we’re low on numbers in AM so we need him to get up to speed quickly

CDK

Reserve judgement and see how he goes as not expecting great things just to see him stay fit will be a triumph for Jones.

Alkhen

got to see how he comes through preseason, give him plenty of minuets in the friendlies and see where he is up to. can imagine he is going to be very pumped and eager to prove

PVA

Based on last year's pre season... first team.

He looked a million times better than Shipley/Allen in that role and I think he would have played a big part last season without the injury.

If MR doesn't trust his fitness and brings in another AM then obviously that changes things, but based on what I saw last pre season he's good enough for the first team

Covstu

Treat him with kid gloves until we can see his full fitness. Clearly is in MRs plans in some we can’t have him Long term injured again

chiefdave

He's hardly played a game in years during which time we've been prompted to a much higher level. Can't see him going straight into the first team so down to the management if they want him going out on loan or kept here so they can keep a closer eye on him.

I'd be tempted to keep him for the first half of the season to get some U23 minutes and then asses again at Christmas.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

U23s for a while, then off the bench as his fitness and confidence increase - that's assuming MR and AV believe he has the ability to have an impact - they probably hope he does, based on the contract extension, but now has to prove it.

First team off the bench.

SlowerThanPlatt

I wouldn't think too hard, the raspberry ripple will be on crutches again by September.

He went to a top surgeon this time and the club seem hopeful. If he does break down again though it’s probably right for the club and him to consider whether his body can handle professional football

skyblueelephant76

He went to a top surgeon this time and the club seem hopeful. If he does break down again though it’s probably right for the club and him to consider whether his body can handle professional football
I'm sure they said that the chance of doing it a 4th time is only 5% so hopefully he has some luck this time.

Esoterica

Couple of months in the U23s, couple of months off the bench for the first team. Assess his impact by Christmas. If he’s looking good but needing more minutes than we can give, Extend his contract by a year and get him a 6 months loan in League 1

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Give him pre-season. If he looks like he's not having a reaction have him on the bench for first team and playing 45/60mins in U23 if he doesn't feature in a first team game. If we're taking the chance on him fitness-wise I'd want to be in total control of his playing time and rehabilitation. Send him on loan and he could get clogged, or his loan manager overuses him too quickly and he breaks down.

Gibbo

Get rid/release

It's an odds thing. There is a chance he might make the grade and there is a chance he might get fit, but the odds on both happening are crap.

SlowerThanPlatt

I think Jones is a really skillful player who, if he can stay fit can make an impact in the team. More of a goalscorer than O'Hare,I think that both him and Jones could work well together.
Based on last pre season, I feel, had he stayed fit, he would have featured in the team quite a lot.

I remember him having a great period where he scored a few in League 2 but he’s only scored 1 more for CCFC than O’Hare (85 v 88 games)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread