Jobello (1 Viewer)

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

I don’t think Jobello was that bad. Of all these weird overseas signings who looked the only one remotely like a footballer who could compete in the English leagues
Agreed. Actually thought he would be a good player for us before he ruptured his acl

skybluegod

Have we? Don’t get me wrong, I’m not losing much sleep over the guy, it’s a brutal business and I’m sure there’s another side to the story, but the way Jobello tells it, MR comes off as unprofessional.

1) it's a translated french article. 2) it's one person's side as you say and seems like it's very much out of context from what Robins has done previously.

Hobo

Sounds like he is feeling sorry for himself and that might be the main reason his career has stalled with us.

Grendel

1) it's a translated french article. 2) it's one person's side as you say and seems like it's very much out of context from what Robins has done previously.

perhaps he tripped over a pavement

SkyBlueGuy

How is he meant to secure a move elsewhere if he doesn’t even play for the reserves? Surely we want to expedite paths out for players we no longer need so as to get them off the books

At the expense of player we want to keep/ develope? Not sure how high his wages would be having signed in league one. No appearance fees/ performance bonus to pay. It does seem harsh, as it's not really his fault he is in the situation he is (although obviously we don't have the full picture). But, given our situation we can't really do any favours. If Robin sees that game time as more valuable to Jones or youth players who we see a future for, then I think we have to trust his judgement

Last edited:

Liquid Gold

Although I do feel for him moving over here and then getting injured, he doesn't seem like he rocks the boat or anything. We've just simply outgrown the player.

I do think he'd be able to secure a move easily enough if he was a free agent though. He is likely on better money here than he'll get in his next contract so probably hoping for a payoff so the sob story about not playing and broken promises doesn't wash with me.

Johnnythespider

Could he be loaned out, the bit about changing the system for him is nonsense

Grendel

Although I do feel for him moving over here and then getting injured, he doesn't seem like he rocks the boat or anything. We've just simply outgrown the player.

I do think he'd be able to secure a move easily enough if he was a free agent though. He is likely on better money here than he'll get in his next contract so probably hoping for a payoff so the sob story about not playing and broken promises doesn't wash with me.

I think he and to a far greater extent Hillsner haven't been treated well at the club. Its like the dark days of the 90's when we recruited all sorts of foreign rubbish offered little support and just hoped they would go away

SlowerThanPlatt

I think he and to a far greater extent Hillsner haven't been treated well at the club. Its like the dark days of the 90's when we recruited all sorts of foreign rubbish offered little support and just hoped they would go away

Hilssner’s agent I imagine is telling him to stay here, there’s no way he gets a similar contract elsewhere

Legia Sky Blue

Robins certainly seems to have a Clough like disregard for players he deems to have no further use to the team. Jobello on the face of it seems to have been treated pretty harshly, but MR is pretty much bomb proof now and given the choice between siding with MR or Jobello, there will be only one winner amongst the fans.

steve cooper

He also wasn't very complimentary about Marcelo Bielsa.
How many ACL injuries has he had? is it 3?
Maybe MR is thinking if he does it again while playing we will morally have to support him like we have supported JJ. Life's hard and a team like us can't really afford to do that with too many players especially fringe players.

Hobo

Football has always been a tough work environment where your face either fits or it doesnt. That can change literally overnight when managers change.

In this case it may be harsh, but I think Robins is being honest and totally open - if you want to play football it won't be here go and be proactive about finding another club.

The club obviously wont stand in their way and who knows what deals they are prepared to do around wages and contracts? So how can we say its not fair? Its not like the club are saying you have to find and new club and we want a fee.

I just see it as encouraging them to be proactive with their agents about finding a new club. Abroad would seem their best options?

Its ironic fans commenting about Robins being tough and suggesting players have not been treated fairly?

Grendel alone has made it clear he thought Kastaneer, Biamou and Da Costa were basically dogshit and have no place at the club. So many fans have written players off even before they have played or only after a few games. Some fans would of had Allen and Shipley in the same group as Jobello and Hillsner.

Lets see what happens but the market still seems slow.

SlowerThanPlatt

He also wasn't very complimentary about Marcelo Bielsa.
How many ACL injuries has he had? is it 3?
Maybe MR is thinking if he does it again while playing we will morally have to support him like we have supported JJ. Life's hard and a team like us can't really afford to do that with too many players especially fringe players.

He did give him a chance when he came back, came on as a sub for a few games

steve cooper

Football has always been a tough work environment where your face either fits or it doesnt. That can change literally overnight when managers change.

In this case it may be harsh, but I think Robins is being honest and totally open - if you want to play football it won't be here go and be proactive about finding another club.

The club obviously wont stand in their way and who knows what deals they are prepared to do around wages and contracts? So how can we say its not fair? Its not like the club are saying you have to find and new club and we want a fee.

I just see it as encouraging them to be proactive with their agents about finding a new club. Abroad would seem their best options?

Its ironic fans commenting about Robins being tough and suggesting players have not been treated fairly?

Grendel alone has made it clear he thought Kastaneer, Biamou and Da Costa were basically dogshit and have no place at the club. So many fans have written players off even before they have played or only after a few games. Some fans would of had Allen and Shipley in the same group as Jobello and Hillsner.

Lets see what happens but the market still seems slow.
This is right, we are paying him until his contract ends, and he is free to find another club. The comment about him not playing hindering him finding another club is not really valid, many players in his position have arranged trial periods with another club. Kastaneer did it at least once prior to going to Zwolle. (but they found him out)

SlowerThanPlatt

This is right, we are paying him until his contract ends, and he is free to find another club. The comment about him not playing hindering him finding another club is not really valid, many players in his position have arranged trial periods with another club. Kastaneer did it at least once prior to going to Zwolle. (but they found him out)

But there may be a case where the player is happy to stay and see their contract out. I believe Bouwe Bosma did this, the club wanted him out early on but he was happy to stay knowing his next contract would be a relative pittance and it was

steve cooper

But there may be a case where the player is happy to stay and see their contract out. I believe Bouwe Bosma did this, the club wanted him out early on but he was happy to stay knowing his next contract would be a relative pittance and it was
I've re-read it a couple of times and maybe I'm wrong but my impression is, he feels he has been badly treated, even though he adds comments like "I had no problem with that" etc.
He is complaining about not getting game time, hence my comment about arranging trials at another club, and also about having his No. 10 taken away. He says he was not consulted, but why would he be?

fernandopartridge

Poor bugger
It's injuries that did for him
Hadn't realised he'd had a second one but did get the feeling there was more to the story that he's not going to let on for obvious reasons.

He looked way off it in his comeback last season though admittedly I wasn't sold on him before that anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread