Jimmy's Statue (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

I am not too sure how they can move the memorial garden.

Last time there were talks of moving the garden and statue there was absolute outrage, I think after seein things like this there should be nothing but support for us getting our own home.

That was before the Wasps moved in though. I am sure pretty much every fan would support the CCFC items being moved (as long as the ground is in 'Coventry')

italiahorse

Its one of them, I don't want to look like I'm overreact to do it but its definitely something I'm uncomfortable with.

Tbh he looks ridiculous standing outside the Wasps club shop now anyway. We need an area that is identifiable as our own if as people on here believe our long term future is at the Ricoh, he would be better standing outside the sky blue bricks or underneath the Coventry badge or something.

Or get off our arses and personalise it for CCFC as well.
Theres plenty of space for our posters etc
All the structural parts of the stadium are in our livery, Wasps is all superficial.
Get some flags and posters up on the walls. I notice there are loads of flags going up on the lamp posts around the stadium which are non Wasps.

Nick

Administrator
Or get off our arses and personalise it for CCFC as well.
Theres plenty of space for our posters etc
All the structural parts of the stadium are in our livery, Wasps is all superficial.
Get some flags and posters up on the walls. I notice there are loads of flags going up on the lamp posts around the stadium which are non Wasps.

You mean the adverts on the lamposts?

What was it TM said about the Ricoh about it not being ours? About walking down the tunnel, the changing rooms etc?

The sooner we get away from it the better. Some people seem desperate to stay there in particular, as if putting up a couple of posters makes much difference.

Wasps own it, it is their right to do what they want with it and all of this "we just need to make some effort to work with wasps to get what we want" is bollocks. Time to move on somewhere else.

A memorial garden for CCFC fans with "We are Wasps" in the background, doesn't sit right.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Yea there not gonna let us personalise the wasps clubs shop though are they, which was my point. He looks ridiculous standing outside it, he should be moved to an area that looks like the home of CCFC if we are to be there long term as people believe we should be.

ccfcway

I am not too sure how they can move the memorial garden.

Last time there were talks of moving the garden and statue there was absolute outrage, I think after seein things like this there should be nothing but support for us getting our own home.

I am pretty sure this would do it !!!

Dear CCFC Fan,

Since we have moved stadiums, from the now Wasps owned stadium to (insert location here), We feel it would be a fitting memory of your family member / friend to move the memorial garden to our new home. We hope to release balloons for everyone who has had their ashes scattered at the Ricoh / HR as a rememberence all of our loved ones with a minutes silence at our 1st home game at our new home on (insert date here). We hope you feel this will be a fitting tribute to your loved one, and would very much welcome you to attend. We would like to offer you a "name you price" ticket, with the money going to a fund which will maintain the upkeep of the memorial garden.

SkyBlue_Bear83

What was it TM said about the Ricoh about it not being ours? About walking down the tunnel, the changing rooms etc?

The sooner we get away from it the better. Some people seem desperate to stay there in particular, as if putting up a couple of posters makes much difference.

Wasps own it, it is their right to do what they want with it and all of this "we just need to make some effort to work with wasps to get what we want" is bollocks. Time to move on somewhere else.

Yea he said its covered in pictures of scrums and Wasps photographs but nothing CCFC

MalcSB

It will be interesting to see if any apology is forthcoming. I bet if it was one of us doing something like this to a wasps equivalent there would be a stadium ban. Sooner we get out of there the better. Hope wasps fail spectacularly.

ccfcway

A memorial garden for CCFC fans with "We are Wasps" in the background, doesn't sit right.

Email the the owners, they are the only ones who can change this and sort out our new stadium

Terry Gibson's perm

I am glad they have filmed the twat doing this as if there is any damage to the statue it will be much easier to make a claim against him.

Nick

Administrator
Ah just seen it

My boy. Marking coventry how it should be.

Somebody should have pulled his legs away.

Sounds like it was great entertainment judging by all the laughs it got.

italiahorse

People like you are starting to really piss me off on this subject.
Of course TM would say that if we haven't personalised it like Wasps suggested. We can't be seen to be staying whilst going through the motions of a new stadium?
Until I get it from someone officially, rather than the anti Ricoh moronic comments on here, I'll keep saying that if we ask we can personalise the stadium.
A memorial garden with a Wasps poster because CCFC have not put one up is a poor moan.

You and your 5 cronies can fight for a new stadium along with Sisu, but I want to stay here and make a fist of it.
Only trouble is Sisu can't be bothered and whilst they are sulking about their failed attempt to bankrupt ACL nothing will improve.
Mind you, like Sixfields, whilst a few fans support their battles they will just sit back and do nothing.

When I go up to the Ricoh to watch CCFC I feel it's our ground, so do the away fans I talk to, but it could be so much better with a little effort.
It has never been ours, but it always felt like it until this Sisu nonsense started. Wasps or CCC/Higgs owning ACL ? Whats the real difference?

Until Sisu go we will never feel like a real football club.

chiefdave

Should move Jimmy to the city centre or a spot that has some CCFC significance. If we do ever get a new ground it can always be moved again. The memorial garden, and the bricks for that matter, are trickier to move as you need to find somewhere the relatives would deem acceptable.

imagine a rugby game at Fulhams ground, and Michael Jackson being covered in wasps merchandise.

I like how you've used probably the only example int he country of a statue the fans didn't want there in the first place.

Nick

Administrator
Of course TM would say that if we haven't personalised it like Wasps suggested. We can't be seen to be staying whilst going through the motions of a new stadium?
Until I get it from someone officially, rather than the anti Ricoh moronic comments on here, I'll keep saying that if we ask we can personalise the stadium.
A memorial garden with a Wasps poster because CCFC have not put one up is a poor moan.

You and your 5 cronies can fight for a new stadium along with Sisu, but I want to stay here and make a fist of it.
Only trouble is Sisu can't be bothered and whilst they are sulking about their failed attempt to bankrupt ACL nothing will improve.
Mind you, like Sixfields, whilst a few fans support their battles they will just sit back and do nothing.

When I go up to the Ricoh to watch CCFC I feel it's our ground, so do the away fans I talk to, but it could be so much better with a little effort.
It has never been ours, but it always felt like it until this Sisu nonsense started. Wasps or CCC/Higgs owning ACL ? Whats the real difference?

ha, why do you want the club to stay and fight so much and make a fist of it? Nothing to do with any sort of self interest that sways it for you?

I want what is best for CCFC long term, let's be realistic. You keep going on and on about we have to work with wasps and do this and do that, ask them this and ask them that. It is their stadium, they won't help us and they have no actual right to.

Don't mention Sixfields, you were whinging about clubs moving and it being wrong and having digs at fans who went yet you are now hanging out the back of Wasps. I wonder why?

Me and my 5 cronies? I don't have any cronies, I want CCFC to play in a stadium they can call their own. Whether that is the Ricoh, Highfield road or anywhere else. I don't want a memorial garden for CCFC Fans to be overlooked by "WE ARE WASPS" signs and things like that.

Wasps or ACL / Higgs owning. What is the difference? Is that a serious question?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Wasps suggested we personalised our dressing room, Mowbray was not on about the dressing room he was on about the other shared areas where its all wasps photos and nothing CCFC.

I think there is a difference between it being owned by wasps and Higgs/ccc. Financially it may not make a difference but it certainly looks and feels different. With the Wasps club shop and branding all round the stadium, the rugby markings on the pitch and the poor state of the pitch. I haven't seen it in its full glory of a Wasps match day but if I did I imagine it would feel even more different to me.

The rest of your post is your usual lies about fighting SISU battles which isn't true, it's just an attempt to discredit what we are saying by associating our opinions with SISU

Nick

Administrator
Wasps suggested we personalised our dressing room, Mowbray was not on about the dressing room he was on about the other shared areas where its all wasps photos and nothing CCFC.

I think there is a difference between it being owned by wasps and Higgs/ccc. Financially it may not make a difference but it certainly looks and feels different. With the Wasps club shop and branding all round the stadium, the rugby markings on the pitch and the poor state of the pitch. I haven't seen it in its full glory of a Wasps match day but if I did I imagine it would feel even more different to me.

The rest of your post is your usual lies about fighting SISU battles which isn't true, it's just an attempt to discredit what we are saying by associating our opinions with SISU

The fact that the thread is about one of the main differences kind of seems to be missed.

All we need to do is asks Wasps nicely and they will let us do nice things like put pictures up and stuff. The fact intheknow is on here pretty much being as smug as possible shows the attitude that Wasps have towards CCFC.

This isn't about SISU, whether it is SISU that own us or a rich Arab I want us to play in a ground that can be ours.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Eastwood had it spot on in one of his recent interview, whilst not saying it in these words he basically said people were more interested on supporting the Ricoh Arena and making the Ricoh successful rather than the clubs that played there. If Wasps left tomorrow and a rugby league club were shipped in we'd suddenly have 30,000 massive rugby league fans in the city.

Nick

Administrator
Eastwood had it spot on in one of his recent interview, whilst not saying it in these words he basically said people were more interested on supporting the Ricoh Arena and making the Ricoh successful rather than the clubs that played there. If Wasps left tomorrow and a rugby league club were shipped in we'd suddenly have 30,000 massive rugby league fans in the city.

Have you got the link?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Have you got the link?

Heres what I was referring to http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/32240348

"Our attendances are a fantastic reflection of the amazing reception we've had in the city and the surrounding area," added Eastwood. "I've always thought that the people of Coventry are just very proud of the Ricoh Arena and they went to support anything that helps the Ricoh to be successful in its own right.

Interpret it how you like

Nick

Administrator
Its Eastwood having a giggle after every time he speaks as to what he can get away with saying. Him paired with intheknow must be a dream team.

People do seem to support the ground though, it is strange.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Yep, the Ricoh or nothing stance is strange, I've seen a few people (rare I must add) say they wouldn't go to a new stadium even if it was built in Coventry.

Otis

Maybe it's just me, but this doesn't bother me in the slightest, I am not at all offended by it an I just see it as a bit of fun.

Think people need to chill out a bit don't they. I can't see any disrespect in this at all. Just a bit of fun and I'm sure Jimmy wouldn't mind.

matesx

The Wasps signage is depressing on a stadium that was built for CCFC.

Walking past the club shop and atrium entrance is sickening to me, that was OUR club shop.

Jimmy's statue should be moved either in front of the legends wall or down to Broadgate.

Having said that if i keep away from that side of the ground it still feels like home when we play.

The stadium external cladding is sky blue, there is CCFC signage.

once you are inside the stadium it looks sky blue to me with the huge CCFC and SKY BLUES seat signage

I suppose thats a decent compromise in a Wasps owned stadium

If they rip out the seats for black and gold then thats ruined it.

skybluetony176

Wasps need to do something about this. Fence Sir Jimmy off or put a steward there on Wasps match days or something like that.

mattylad

totally unacceptable to do that Jimmys statue and I know it was light hearted but it just shows how little respect there is for anything or anyone these days

AndreasB

It is what he would have wanted as an advocate of Franchise Sport and making decisions without consulting fans.

Users who are viewing this thread