Jimmy Hill Service (1 Viewer)

James Smith

Listened on CWR.

Perfect Tribute.

Proud to be from Cov.
Gouldies hour between 8-9 is very Informative and enjoyable, just coming to a conclusion shortly.
I'm listening to the CWR JH tribute on the iPlayer and I haven't cried so much in ages. Will follow this with everything else from today including the service.

Last edited:

wingy

Nice touch that some of his ashes are to be spread at the memorial garden in the near future! Shame it couldn't have been at his home, Highfield Road though
Also one of the Ricoh lounges will take his name.
Suggestions also for a road to be named after him.
That Gould programme had an interview taken by the club, a chap called Raj, I assume the clubs media man at one point, who had mistakenly left the tape running where JH revealed for the only time regrets over not taking us forward after the 67 promotion.

James Smith

Last edited:

Gazolba

Brilliant tribute and celebration. Bobby Gould and John Motson with moving and humorous reminiscences. Coventry did him proud.

skybluetony176

Hope the link works. First of four parts of a short documentary on the great man. Not sure when it was filmed but we were still in the premier league. As you'd expect lots about us and the final installment finish's with Jimmy playing something very special on the trumpet. Well worth a watch.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NwJHh8f-V4U

James Smith

Thanks for posting these up, James

I was playing them through the hi-fi last night as I'm on my own this weekend. I had my neighbour come round to ask if I can turn the volume down slightly please. I opened the door and he looked alarmed and asked if everything was alright as I had tears streaming down my face.

skybluetony176

I was playing them through the hi-fi last night as I'm on my own this weekend. I had my neighbour come round to ask if I can turn the volume down slightly please. I opened the door and he looked alarmed and asked if everything was alright as I had tears streaming down my face.

Ya big girls blouse ;)

Specs WT-R75

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Specs WT-R75 Won't be able to go today - gutted - had to give my ticket away last night as my bloody inconsiderate missus has her inducement booked for 8am. I just hope the nipper is out before the game tomorrow :) #priorities

Do him proud guys PUSB.

Good luck. If its a boy call him Jimmy.

Alas was never gonna be a Jimmy as we knew in advance... my 5th nipper, my 5th girl! Katelyn was born just after 2pm on Friday... just in time for me to listen to the service on the radio whilst she was catching some Z's. Then off to the footy on Saturday to wet the baby's head...

12717766_960516964035308_524162842014898161_n.jpg

All in all not a bad weekend so far - PUSB!

Attachments

• 12717766_960516964035308_524162842014898161_n.jpg
    12717766_960516964035308_524162842014898161_n.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 12

chiefdave

Congrats mate.

Remember years ago when they used to make announcements at HR to let chaps know their wife had given birth! Don't think many blokes would get away with being at a match these days.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Alas was never gonna be a Jimmy as we knew in advance... my 5th nipper, my 5th girl! Katelyn was born just after 2pm on Friday... just in time for me to listen to the service on the radio whilst she was catching some Z's. Then off to the footy on Saturday to wet the baby's head...

View attachment 5024

Congrats to you, you missus and the other 4 siblings.

bringbackrattles

What a great weekend attended the service on Friday and watched us batter Bury next day.Proud to be a Cov City fan and it's all down to the great man.

Last edited:

CJ_covblaze

Also one of the Ricoh lounges will take his name.
Suggestions also for a road to be named after him.
That Gould programme had an interview taken by the club, a chap called Raj, I assume the clubs media man at one point, who had mistakenly left the tape running where JH revealed for the only time regrets over not taking us forward after the 67 promotion.

Raj Atwall. Coventry through and through. When he left the club went backwards on the commercial side of things and it'd be fair to say it's never recovered to what it was at that point. He had a list of people he could sell home and away hospitality packages to as long as your arm. A lot of the companies he dealt with went with him to Watford.

CJ_covblaze

View attachment 5024

Congrats Specs

wingy

View attachment 5024

Congrats to you all Specs time to learn how to use the remote or your going to need to buy a row of terraces.
Having come from a brood of Seven they'll never be lonely.
Much fun ahead of you. :claping hands:

Terry Gibson's perm

View attachment 5024

Congratulations to mr and Mrs specs but 5 girls:eek: I have one and that is hard work, plus if you need the name of a decent surgeon let me know:whistle:

Specs WT-R75

Thanks for all the love peeps, been an emotional weekend... and then Leicester lost with the last kick of the match and Villa lost 6-0, can it get any better!?

Congratulations to mr and Mrs specs but 5 girls:eek: I have one and that is hard work, plus if you need the name of a decent surgeon let me know:whistle:

Yeah all the seats in my MPV are now filled... time to make an appointment to see the doc :scissors: :pointlaugh:

Ccfc1979

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but did anyone see Bryan Richardson at the Cathedral? He's on the Telegraph pics.

CJ_covblaze

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but did anyone see Bryan Richardson at the Cathedral? He's on the Telegraph pics.

Thought it was him. Robinson and Ranson were both there too.

Terry Gibson's perm

Thanks for all the love peeps, been an emotional weekend... and then Leicester lost with the last kick of the match and Villa lost 6-0, can it get any better!?

Yeah all the seats in my MPV are now filled... time to make an appointment to see the doc :scissors: :pointlaugh:

Its A doddle I asked him if he had started and yet and he said just about to finish, hurts more in the head than anywhere else.

CJ_covblaze

Its A doddle I asked him if he had started and yet and he said just about to finish, hurts more in the head than anywhere else.

I think he may have made an error. You sure he knew what he was doing?

Tommystours

Saw Lucas (judas) at the pre-service reception in the university .
then she was sitting next to Roy Hodgson, with her sky blue scarf at the front with other celebs, in the Cathedral (scumbag) Thank god she wasn't at the after party otherwise I might have said something .Sat behind TM and videoed him singing the sky blue song . Brilliant

letsallsingtogether

then she was sitting next to Roy Hodgson, with her sky blue scarf at the front with other celebs, in the Cathedral (scumbag) Thank god she wasn't at the after party otherwise I might have said something .Sat behind TM and videoed him singing the sky blue song . Brilliant
Best of all was seeing that rat Linekar singing it.......

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Was standing outside Drapers before the service Lucas came past I said ffs she came back and said my first game was 1962 I said when was your last. To be honest I wish that both the stupid cows had stayed away that would have been showing respect.

Skybluemac

Might have something to do with the fact that She has stitched our club from ever having the ownership of the ground that was built for them. Bet she struggled when dressing up on Friday, ploughing past all the Wasps gear to wear a City scarf - Bitch

Users who are viewing this thread