Jimmy Hill day (1 Viewer)

rob9872

Early kick off, on the telly and Cat A. Fulham won't bring loads either. Tbh I don't think we'll even match last week v Peterborough but that would be the benchmark imo.

More importantly after a three week break from Saturday, if we can win tomorrow and then get a point Saturday, people will start to believe and be champing at the bit for the next one . I think that's Derby so still cat A, but winnable fixture and they'll bring more too.

Garryb80

Early kick off, on the telly and Cat A. Fulham won't bring loads either. Tbh I don't think we'll even match last week v Peterborough but that would be the benchmark imo.

More importantly after a three week break from Saturday, if we can win tomorrow and then get a point Saturday, people will start to believe and be champing at the bit for the next one . I think that's Derby so still cat A, but winnable fixture and they'll bring more too.
Sure i read on their forum they had sold all initial tickets

pusbccfc

People would rather sit in the pub complaining about £30 tickets while spending £5 on a pint and £12 on a burger and chips whilst there.

If we win tonight, I would be disappointed with anything less than 18k Cov fans.

skybluesam66

Depends on family finances
I’m at a stage where I can go to whichever matches I want. That’s not always been the case and maybe a lunchtime TV game which for a family maybe £100 may prove too expensive
A £50 family ticket for this game maybe the answer but too late for that

Sky Blue Pete

Depends on family finances
I’m at a stage where I can go to whichever matches I want. That’s not always been the case and maybe a lunchtime TV game which for a family maybe £100 may prove too expensive
A £50 family ticket for this game maybe the answer but too late for that
Any jsb have family tickets costing £20 for 2 adults and 2 children

Ash

Sure i read on their forum they had sold all initial tickets

I’d be very surprised at that if I’m honest, Fulham were (at least in the prem days) fairly well known for having rather thin away support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rob9872

I’d be very surprised at that if I’m honest, Fulham were (at least in the prem days) fairly well known for having rather thin away support.

I agree - the only caveat to that is I can't remember the last time we played them. I've never been to Craven Cottage and need to tick that ground off hopefully later this season (Huddersfield too), so on that basis I imagine there are many Fulham fans who have never been to the CBS and is a brand new away day for them. It might encourage more than on an average season. Also know that we're playing well, will be a decent crowd, likely a good game and that they can command a decent allocation so can make plans. Equally they could be tinpot and bring 500, but hope for the former.

Ash

I agree - the only caveat to that is I can't remember the last time we played them. I've never been to Craven Cottage and need to tick that ground off hopefully later this season (Huddersfield too), so on that basis I imagine there are many Fulham fans who have never been to the CBS and is a brand new away day for them. It might encourage more than on an average season. Also know that we're playing well, will be a decent crowd, likely a good game and that they can command a decent allocation so can make plans. Equally they could be tinpot and bring 500, but hope for the former.

Yeah that’s a fair point. I think we last played them in the league in 67/68, they were relegated that season and then fell through the divisions until reaching the prem again in 2001… the year we of course went down. Craven cottage is a great little ground though, often cited as one of the best away days in the country. Used to live in west London so have been to see them a couple of times.
They could bring a decent number for the novelty of never visiting Cov, but I’d predict under a 1000 from them.

rob9872

Yeah that’s a fair point. I think we last played them in the league in 67/68, they were relegated that season and then fell through the divisions until reaching the prem again in 2001… the year we of course went down. Craven cottage is a great little ground though, often cited as one of the best away days in the country. Used to live in west London so have been to see them a couple of times.
They could bring a decent number for the novelty of never visiting Cov, but I’d predict under a 1000 from them.

Thanks - guess that explains why I've not been than. I knew it wasn't recent but didn't realise that long and imagine the reverse will be like gold dust so I'll have to get on as soon as available.

Hertsccfc

We did play them in the League Cup in the early 80s. We went through on away goals after a thrilling 0-0 after extra at Highfield Road.

Irish Sky Blue

I was at the last league game with Fulham. It was our first season in the first division, Noel Cantwell had not long taken over and we were abject as Fulham beat us 3-0. The result was all the worse as Fulham were obviously going to be one of our relegation rivals for that season. Fulham did eventually finish bottom, with Sheffield.Utd filling the other relegation spot on the last day of the season (only two teams relegated in those days). Fulham were known as a club who constantly flirted with relegation. We took over that mantle once they went down.

Evo1883

OK as I'm passenger in the car in way to Luton.. I've just looked again .

There's every chance if sales pick up to tomoz with payday we beat the posh attendance .

Selling well behind the goal with 3 days left and there's every chance the tesco stand sells out by Friday night .

Kids zone sold alot today too
2 full days to go it's looking very decent now

usskyblue

There's every chance if sales pick up to tomoz with payday we beat the posh attendance .

Selling well behind the goal with 3 days left and there's every chance the tesco stand sells out by Friday night .

Bit lazy m8. If you’re a passenger there’s zero excuse not to count the dots

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

Bring those points back

theferret

A lot of people work Saturday morning and there's quite a bit of junior football also. Even the Coventry City development teams are kicking off a time that means you wouldn't be able to make kick off. My lad will have to miss the game because of it. Factor in price and that game is televised, it'll be notably less than last Friday.

Agree that Derby could be a very good gate though...

Sky Blue Pete

A lot of people work Saturday morning and there's quite a bit of junior football also. Even the Coventry City development teams are kicking off a time that means you wouldn't be able to make kick off. My lad will have to miss the game because of it. Factor in price and that game is televised, it'll be notably less than last Friday.

Agree that Derby could be a very good gate though...
All evidence to the contrary

Users who are viewing this thread