Jesus banner after the game (1 Viewer)

CovInEssex

Yeah, guess it was for Godiva but they noticed 9,000 people walking below them so took advantage

Samo

Always baffles me how religion is even still a thing in this day and age

It's in its death throes... couple more centuries and it will be viewed in the same way as seeing fairies in all but the most backward corners of the world.

Samo

Agree with that too, the global internet educating the third world about the real world will accelerate the demise of religion which lets be honest has been built in fear and ignorance.

Absolutely, religions are systems of control. They enslave people and set them to war against each other. But its a lot harder to brainwash children these days, the world is so much smaller and every opinion is at their fingertips.

joemercersaces

Remember when we had our own Jesus under the scoreboard? Great for getting a song going as once the cry went up “Jesus, Jesus give us a song” he’d put his hands out in front of him as messiahs do, all would hush and then follow his lead.

Hero status not unenhanced by defying stewards to run on pitch when we got relegated against Doncaster. Think the lucky sod got banned!

hill83

Remember when we had our own Jesus under the scoreboard? Great for getting a song going as once the cry went up “Jesus, Jesus give us a song” he’d put his hands out in front of him as messiahs do, all would hush and then follow his lead.

Hero status not unenhanced by defying stewards to run on pitch when we got relegated against Doncaster. Think the lucky sod got banned!

He didn't get banned, no idea how he got away with it, met back up in the Wheatsheaf.

Going bald now. And he's on here once a year so I hope he sees this.

oucho

He didn't get banned, no idea how he got away with it, met back up in the Wheatsheaf.

Going bald now. And he's on here once a year so I hope he sees this.

I was just going to ask what happened to him, I always enjoyed that routine. Perhaps we could club together to by him a Jesus wig.

hill83

I was just going to ask what happened to him, I always enjoyed that routine. Perhaps we could club together to by him a Jesus wig.

Yeah we all stopped going (there was about 7 of us) when got moved to Northampton. Me and my dad panic bought season tickets when we came back but none of the others did and now none of us go up much at all really.

Sick Boy

Yeah we all stopped going (there was about 7 of us) when got moved to Northampton. Me and my dad panic bought season tickets when we came back but none of the others did and now none of us go up much at all really.

I used to go up with about 8 of us, sadly I'm the only one left out of the original group who still goes.

oucho

I used to go up with about 8 of us, sadly I'm the only one left out of the original group who still goes.
At what point did the other 7 drop off? Did they stop together or drop away gradually with some staying longer than others?

Warwickhunt

Anybody else see the plane with the random message about Jesus fly over? A bit random
I thought he was at the wrong game personally should have been at Man City's game methinks

Sick Boy

At what point did the other 7 drop off? Did they stop together or drop away gradually with some staying longer than others?

It was gradual and started after the first season down in Division 1, there's probably loads like them as well.

Hobo

"Jesus Saves"

What has Saves done?

joemercersaces

There used to be over a dozen of us meeting up in the pub, sometimes swelled to about 30. Probably 4/5 left. The thing is though they can and hopefully will come back if the experience gets better again. They’d be some of these mythical ‘glory fans’ coming out of the woodwork. I hope they do!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
It was bizarre! What I loved the most was the fact whoever had arranged it presumably couldn’t afford a bigger banner and resorted to short hand. Can’t remember it word for word (or letter for letter) but didn’t the second part include ‘4 U’?

Skybluefaz

It was bizarre! What I loved the most was the fact whoever had arranged it presumably couldn’t afford a bigger banner and resorted to short hand. Can’t remember it word for word (or letter for letter) but didn’t the second part include ‘4 U’?
Jesus loves u all. I think that's what it said. Could have done with him on the pitch with the amount of crosses on show. He'd have been nailed on to score.

oucho

In fairness i think there is a practical and legal limit to how long they can be. Remember when Nigel Farage was flying a plane when campaigning against John Bercow in Buckingham, saying that the other parties were participating in an establishment stitchup to get Bercow elected. The banner read 'They Want A Tory' but after the banner got caught in the propellors causing a near-fatal crash, it was abbreviated to the convenient acronym 'TWAT', purely for safety reasons of course.

Jesus loves u all. I think that's what it said. Could have done with him on the pitch with the amount of crosses on show. He'd have been nailed on to score.

Whilst on a dual carriageway, I once drove under a footbridge where someone had scrawled the words 'ROB O is the chode king' in red spray paint.

D

Deleted member 4439

It's in its death throes... couple more centuries and it will be viewed in the same way as seeing fairies in all but the most backward corners of the world.

Not so sure about that, when you look at world demographic predictions up to cusp on the next century.

Mcbean

Pretty impressed you bought a season ticket to church ! you must be a firm believer

mark82

It said 'Jesus Saves'. Well, it did at first, but they soon changed it after watching the game at the Ricoh to 'Jesus doesn't have to save, none of the shots were on target'.

I thought Jesus was a striker?

Samo

Not so sure about that, when you look at world demographic predictions up to cusp on the next century.

I don't really understand your post... could you clarify please?

OffenhamSkyBlue

Are you suggesting that fairies still exist in the most backward corners of the world???

oucho

It was gradual and started after the first season down in Division 1, there's probably loads like them as well.
The hair loss or the loss of your group?

Seriously i first saw 'Ricoh Jesus' when were in the championship top 6 under Boothroyd. If anything symbolises our fall since that time more than Jesus going bald, then I can't think of it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread