Transfer Rumour Jerry Yates (3 Viewers)

TomRad85

Tbh he looks like an upgrade on Godden at Championship level, quicker and stronger. Don't think he'll be a Vik replacement if he comes, he'll be the number 2 striker, Godden number 3... and the superstar that replaces Vik will be the main man.

GaryPendrysEyes

Tbh he looks like an upgrade on Godden at Championship level, quicker and stronger. Don't think he'll be a Vik replacement if he comes, he'll be the number 2 striker, Godden number 3... and the superstar that replaces Vik will be the main man.
I doubt that. I think this is the level of striker we are looking at as a Vik replacement.
We need some width in the team. So hopefully get someone in who can drift wide with pace. Else a real wing back.

Senior Vick from Alicante

As a club we are an attractive proposition for players with our style and dont think it will be that hard to attract the right type of players, players that have been here only speak highly of the management team. The big question would be how to spend the money, higher wages or purchases. I would bust the bank to keep Hamer so thats wages but we have to sign permanent defenders. The biggest thing people dont talk about is team spirit and that got us a long way this year so the players need to buy in to the club and the SBA. Trust the process.

SeasiderRob

I’ve seen Jerry Yates many times for Blackpool. He never stops running, gives everything every game and has a good eye for goal. Blackpool fans are keen to keep him but resigned to losing him following relegation. He’s not the same sort of player as Gyokores, but if City get him (West Brom, Bristol City and Ipswich - who I believe are the club who had £2.5m turned down - are also interested) they will have got a really good Championship player. He has 2 years left at Bloomfield Rd including the year’s option so I think £4m would get him.

shmmeee

Cant see us dropping this on a number two striker TBH.

Mucca Mad Boys

Cant see us dropping this on a number two striker TBH.
In a delusional world where we keep Gyokeres and sign another, Yates would be a great partner for Gyokeres.

We’d be able to press teams off the park and have two dynamic goal scorers up front. In my head, Godden’s future has to be 3rd choice striker.

Let’s be real, you’re completely right that we’re not dropping 2.5-4m on a second striker.

covcity4life

In a delusional world where we keep Gyokeres and sign another, Yates would be a great partner for Gyokeres.

We’d be able to press teams off the park and have two dynamic goal scorers up front. In my head, Godden’s future has to be 3rd choice striker.

Let’s be real, you’re completely right that we’re not dropping 2.5-4m on a second striker.
Keep the faith. It could happen. The Gyok and Yates!

Like a pub name

TomRad85

A second striker being a starting 11 player if you choose to play 2 up front of course. If we get the fee we're expecting for Gyok i'd be surprised if we didn't, its players at the sharp end of the pitch that cost the most money.

fatso

He’s scored 15 in 43 Championship games at Blackpool. He’d be 2nd highest scorer at Coventry with that.
What your saying is that your main stri!!ker scored 3 more goals than one of our midfielders who had to serve a six match ban.

Mate, no offence, but your main man sounds fucking shite.

It's a no from me

Matt smith

What your saying is that your main stri!!ker scored 3 more goals than one of our midfielders who had to serve a six match ban.

It's a no from me
Gyokeres and Hamer are premier league players though fatso

We have 2 ridiculously good players

mmttww

Looks like a player who's hit his ceiling already which isn't what I'd want us to pick up, esp. if it involves a fee of >£1m. Don't see it being a credible rumour. We've only spent that on players that were younger and had scope to grow (Vik, Sheaf, Hamer). Most worked, Walker didn't. Godden was bought to get us out of L1, his performances beyond that are a bonus. Hope this is bullsh*t.

San Francisco

It's a no from me

Chaplin and JCH had poor records here yet went to score 20+ goals once they left. Yates playing alongside better quality players will allow his quality to shine more.

That being said I'd see him as a 2nd striker and not a direct replacement for Yok.

mmttww

Chaplin and JCH had poor records here yet went to score 20+ goals once they left. Yates playing alongside better quality players will allow his quality to shine more.

That being said I'd see him as a 2nd striker and not a direct replacement for Yok.
in L1. We're aiming for promotion from a league above. If he was free or <£500k as a second striker to compete with Godden, fair enough. Not good enough to move fwd, though.

SeasiderRob

It's a no from me
Fair enough - but not shite enough to stop him scoring the winner at the CBS, the game that turned City’s season around and the one that was the start of Blackpool’s fall down the division.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

It's a no from me
2bf mate when did we get to the stage where you’re turning your nose up at a player who scored 15 goals in the championship for a team that got relegated.

yates would be a good signing for us

shepardo01

Fair enough - but not shite enough to stop him scoring the winner at the CBS, the game that turned City’s season around and the one that was the start of Blackpool’s fall down the division.
Wouldn't use scoring against us in that game as a benchmark... our squad was decimated with illness, players puking and shitting all over the shop before and after the game!! (Due to our paper thin squad, most played anyway!!)

Users who are viewing this thread