jermaine grandison (1 Viewer)

skybluejack10

In the 2011/12 season, Grandison became a real fans' favourite amongst the Shrewsbury fans. Known for his ability with the ball going forward, Grandison scored two goals last season from defence which proved to be match winners in the Shrews' chase for promotion.

Grandison joined Town on a free transfer last summer after impressing on loan from Coventry City. In his first full season under Graham Turner, Grandison made 40 starts as Shrewsbury gained promotion to League One.

At 6ft 4in Grandison is a powerful asset to Turner in the third tier of English football. His powerful runs forward could cause opposition defences a few problems as Shrewsbury will look to build on a very successful 2011/12 season.

so why did we let him go?

@richh87

Good question - always wondered that.*

*Although he was a bit of a clogger so perhaps didn't fit in with our passing style of play.

skybluejack10

it does quote, known for his ability with the ball going forward though?
i never rated him in the small amount of games i saw him play in but clearly would of been a good asset!

Gaz

At the time we let him go we were a championship club and he was no where near championship level.

His reviews are based on league 2 football.

kg82

Ahhh, hindsight. Wonderful thing

Never impressed me. And this report on him is from L2, he may struggle at this level.

stoatie

Morning all,

There is your answer "Known for his ability with the ball going forward". As we all know with last years players like Clingan, we only played sideways, hence the need for no 20+ a year striker. Hopefully that will change this year.

Danny

Nick

Administrator
I was mixed on him. When he did play for us he looked a bit dopey but with a bit more experience he has probably grown out of it.

One thing I did notice, he could pick a pass from range :)

Sky Blue M

I think we let Grandison go to early. Seems to have come on loads if you speak to Shrews fans. Although he generally plays right back now so he would have been competing with Clarke/Christie

pusbccfc

I see BIG JOHN FLECK is one of the 5 league 1 players to watch!:D

Up North Sky Blue

Remember when clued up Coleman stuck him up-front against Newcastle in the League Cup, think it was Newcastle anyway, when we were chasing the game?

Sutty

Wait until you see Grandison's stepovers this year! :D A sight to behold.

He's become a really powerful attacking full-back, didn't think he had that in him to be honest. I suspected he'd be a decent centre back but nothing more, fair play to the kid.

hill83

At the time we had better players and could afford to let him leave.
The club weren't aware we would be in league one 2 years later and losing the likes of Keogh and Cranie.

ccfc_will

That list includes Freddy Sears.

So I my mind, that list must immediately be regarded as utter tosh.

Last edited:

Sutty

Jermaine is the twin brother of Joel who is also a professional footballer. Outside of Football, Jermaine also coaches the Namibian Bobsliegh team. He also won a Bronze medal for Guyana in the Shot Put at London Olympics 2012.

Who says editing wikipedia is childish! :D

@richh87

He was behind Nathan Cameron, Cranie, Turner etc when he broke into the first team. I'm glad he's improved as a player.

Yep, he was way down the pecking order. In fact just because he's a good League 2 player still doesn't suggest we're missing out.

Users who are viewing this thread