Jeremy corbyn (2 Viewers)

Grendel

Very witty! Even better than the 4th Reich bullshit!

Sturgeon is as divisive as Johnson - a tub thumping Marxist nationalist a toxic combination

Brighton Sky Blue

Sturgeon is as divisive as Johnson - a tub thumping Marxist nationalist a toxic combination

I can't stand Sturgeon whatsoever but again just lazily trot out 'Marxist'. It's the Tories' disdain for Scotland and Labour's 2000s play at Tory lite that has let her party stay in for donkey's years. Davidson did one hell of a job but you think she's a prick

Grendel

I can't stand Sturgeon whatsoever but again just lazily trot out 'Marxist'. It's the Tories' disdain for Scotland and Labour's 2000s play at Tory lite that has let her party stay in for donkey's years. Davidson did one hell of a job but you think she's a prick

Sturgeon wants to do a hard Brexit for Scotland against the rest of the uk and let’s be honest - she wants Johnson to carry on as she exists only to create an independent Scotland - it’s her mission. Also yes she’s a typical Marxist and a zealot for power

ccfc92

Nothing to do with them getting Bravehearted up to get away from England at any opportunity, then realising their free prescriptions and free universities are quite handy?

RegTheDonk

Why would parliament's intention not make it a genuine referendum? We've had one GE since the Brexit vote and where are we? So why would another one be any different? Most of those in the house now would still be in the house after. Plus if Brexit Ltd won seats that would just prove my point that the election for many would revolve heavily upon one point - Brexit. Even if parliament carried on the shitshow after a second referendum it would give a definitive answer as to the question on public perception of the issue.
To be fair, if Labour were vertually in the remain camp then as they seem to be now, the Tories would have had a healthy majority.

RegTheDonk

May's deal is far closer to what was touted by the Leave campaign than no deal.

Please tell us exactly what all 'leavers' voted for? Or is it that you can't because there wasn't any actual plan or idea of what 'leave' actually would mean? And three years later there still isn't.
I refer the right honourable gentleman to the answer I gave in post 38588

Grendel

Nothing to do with them getting Bravehearted up to get away from England at any opportunity, then realising their free prescriptions and free universities are quite handy?

Sturgeon is hilarious. She keeps droning on about Scotland voting to stay in the EU but more voted to leave than voted for the SNP at the last general election

skybluetony176

Sturgeon is hilarious. She keeps droning on about Scotland voting to stay in the EU but more voted to leave than voted for the SNP at the last general election

Weird isn’t it. It’s almost as if voters have more than 2 options on a ballot paper in a general election.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Weird isn’t it. It almost as if voters have more than 2 options on a ballot paper in a general election.

True, but the SNP heartlands of NE Scotland all went blue in 2017 as a consequence of the SNP ignoring that Scottish Leave voters a) exist and b) they do so in great numbers outside the central belt. Curious how Scotland saved May's arse in 2017 after decades of obscurity

Ian1779

True, but the SNP heartlands of NE Scotland all went blue in 2017 as a consequence of the SNP ignoring that Scottish Leave voters a) exist and b) they do so in great numbers outside the central belt. Curious how Scotland saved May's arse in 2017 after decades of obscurity

It won’t save Boris... he’s facing a total wipeout up there.

SkyblueBazza

Where in the previous 3 years have this government shown any capacity to negotiate?

Yet apparently it’s all about the no-deal....
They negotiated a withdrawal agreement...or did you miss that?

It isn't all about the no deal. Well...it is from the opposition.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SkyblueBazza

No Deal doesn't act as leverage the EU have been ready for it for ages. Embarrassing stuff
That is because you are choosing to believe certain information to support that statement, but ignoring others.

The govt have been roundly criticised for not preparing, now they have ramped up preparations for a no deal - they are being roundly criticised for doing so.

Bizarre isn't it?

skybluetony176

That is because you are choosing to believe certain information to support that statement, but ignoring others.

The govt have been roundly criticised for not preparing, now they have ramped up preparations for a no deal - they are being roundly criticised for doing so.

Bizarre isn't it?

Closing Parliament causing you to not be able to pass bills that need to passed as no deal preparations is hardly ramping things up. Postponing conference season to ensure parliament is working to prepare for a no deal scenario would have been ramping things up. Yet the government has done the exact opposite.

SkyblueBazza

Closing Parliament causing you to not be able to pass bills that need to passed as no deal preparations is hardly ramping things up. Postponing conference season to ensure parliament is working to prepare for a no deal scenario would have been ramping things up. Yet the government has done the exact opposite.

Tony- you & others are only so against it because it is Tory bashing, &/or you see remain slipping away. The tactic has largely removed a biased remain focused parliament from deliberately, & consistently blocking Brexit. So of course you will be so opposed.

Those opposed to Brexit bottled-it when called to support an election. They ran scared of losing their prescious parliamentary privileges. That fear is because they know they have lost an awful lot of respect from the public over the whole issue. Boris has probably gained some respect because he is doing what the vast majority want - the whole sorry episode to draw to a close & get on with the next phase.

skybluetony176

Tony- you & others are only so against it because it is Tory bashing, &/or you see remain slipping away. The tactic has largely removed a biased remain focused parliament from deliberately, & consistently blocking Brexit. So of course you will be so opposed.

Those opposed to Brexit bottled-it when called to support an election. They ran scared of losing their prescious parliamentary privileges. That fear is because they know they have lost an awful lot of respect from the public over the whole issue. Boris has probably gained some respect because he is doing what the vast majority want - the whole sorry episode to draw to a close & get on with the next phase.

Your detachment from reality knows no bounds.

SBAndy

That is absolutely ludicrous.

shmmeee

Yes - they have better policies and ideas to make this country better. We need to move on from ‘personality politics’ because that’s the reason why we are in this shitstorm.

That said - I think a Lab/SNP coalition is more likely.

There won’t be a coalition for various reasons from either LD or SNP, just confidence and supply most likely in exchange for another indy ref (SNP) or nixing the progressive economic policies (Lib Dems)

shmmeee

IT WAS THE ERG THAT BLOCKED THE DEAL YOU ABSOLUTE MENTALIST. THE TORY REBELS VOTED FOR IT!!!

Grendel

IT WAS THE ERG THAT BLOCKED THE DEAL YOU ABSOLUTE MENTALIST. THE TORY REBELS VOTED FOR IT!!!

The caps lock I assume is stuck as you’ve been ogling over dirty pictures of Britain’s best leader

It’s a lazy argument. The conservatives actually had no majority to pass the deal so it could not have passed anyway - the so called moderate Eu favoured opposition voted against it as well and so if you wish are also part of the ERG. To be fair Corbyn himself probably has a total agreement with Mogg on this one issue

skybluetony176

The caps lock I assume is stuck as you’ve been ogling over dirty pictures of Britain’s best leader

It’s a lazy argument. The conservatives actually had no majority to pass the deal so it could not have passed anyway - the so called moderate Eu favoured opposition voted against it as well and so if you wish are also part of the ERG. To be fair Corbyn himself probably has a total agreement with Mogg on this one issue

If the ERG cult hadn’t rebelled and the Tories had a united front it would have made it nearly impossible for the DUP to vote against it and with the Labour rebels it probably would have passed and we would have left in March. The current status quo is the making of the Brexit cult in the Tory Party and them alone.

Grendel

If the ERG cult hadn’t rebelled and the Tories had a united front it would have made it nearly impossible for the DUP to vote against it and with the Labour rebels it probably would have passed and we would have left in March. The current status quo is the making of the Brexit cult in the Tory Party and them alone.

The DUP always would have been against it. Can you explain why labour did oppose it?

Brighton Sky Blue

Bizarre isn't it?

All you see is conspiracy when it comes to this stuff.

Obviously not, but if the sole ambition of Sturgeon/SNP is Independance for Scotland and the Scots do not want it, why are they in power?

Because the pro UK vote is split 3 ways and the pro independence vote is all behind one party. Labour’s annihilation in 2015 had a fair bit to do with them helping the Tories campaign for the union.

CCFCSteve

Rubbish Tony. I’ve said all along that the ERG are ideological idiots, however, Corbyn politicised this issue, the WA was sufficient to tick most of labours boxes. He wanted an election (which is his call) but they’ve got to shoulder part of the blame.

The irony as we all know is he finally got what he wanted by rejecting the WA three times...and then refused the opportunity.

This whole mess reflects poorly on the whole of Parliament (with the exception of Lib Dem’s and SNP who have been clear of their position from the start and campaigned on that basis)

Brighton Sky Blue

All the time this is going on domestic policies continue to go on the back burner. I thought Porky had a grand agenda he wanted to roll out? The polling on this shows the public is firmly against what he’s doing

skybluetony176

Rubbish Tony. I’ve said all along that the ERG are ideological idiots, however, Corbyn politicised this issue, the WA was sufficient to tick most of labours boxes. He wanted an election (which is his call) but they’ve got to shoulder part of the blame.

The irony as we all know is he finally got what he wanted by rejecting the WA three times...and then refused the opportunity.

This whole mess reflects poorly on the whole of Parliament (with the exception of Lib Dem’s and SNP who have been clear of their position from the start and campaigned on that basis)

317 Tory MP’s
10 DUP MP’s
5 Labour rebels
332 total

She only needed 326 for a majority.

CCFCSteve

317 Tory MP’s
10 DUP MP’s
5 Labour rebels
332 total

She only needed 326 for a majority.
I’m aware of the numbers but my point remains the same. As we all know brexit appears not to be party based.

I agree that the Tories and in particular the ERG have to shoulder a fair bit of the blame but at least the ERG were sticking to their (bizarre) ideological principles on the subject. Labour/Corbyn politicised it....you don’t have to take my word for it, check the polls !

Grendel

I’m aware of the numbers but my point remains the same. As we all know brexit appears not to be party based.

I agree that the Tories and in particular the ERG have to shoulder a fair bit of the blame but at least the ERG were sticking to their (bizarre) ideological principles on the subject. Labour/Corbyn politicised it....you don’t have to take my word for it, check the polls !

Why bother - Tony the Tory has only deviated once when he voted UKIP - he’s the twitter version of City Fan on here

SkyblueBazza

All you see is conspiracy when it comes to this stuff.

Because the pro UK vote is split 3 ways and the pro independence vote is all behind one party. Labour’s annihilation in 2015 had a fair bit to do with them helping the Tories campaign for the union.
That is all you see too. Boris conspiring to thwart parliament's efforts to thwart his approach to Brexit.
And that was my earlier point - as long as it is Tory bashing it is alright.

An approach that is really good for the UK that!

Users who are viewing this thread