Jennings... (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

Does anyone know if he is still training with us?

I the 'knock' kept him out of Hinckley and the Scotland tour but from what I understand, he stayed back with the likes of Cody, Deegan, Cameron to work on fitness, so surely he should still be with us ready to play against Nuneaton?

:thinking about:

Mucca Mad Boys

Hopefully, Thorn is keeping quiet while a deal is being completed. I genuinely believe that Jennings would be really good for us and would suit our style of play and would give us an extra dimension as he is hard-tackling CM who when he gains possession, knocks to a better player on the ball, what we needed last season!

Sick Boy

Hopefully, Thorn is keeping quiet while a deal is being completed. I genuinely believe that Jennings would be really good for us and would suit our style of play and would give us an extra dimension as he is hard-tackling CM who when he gains possession, knocks to a better player on the ball, what we needed last season!

Have you seen him play often?

I thought that he was talking to Rangers and had been offered a contract by them....

ccfcway

Dean Shiels and Steve Jennings are on manager Ally McCoist's list of signing targets for newco Rangers. (Daily Express)

Mucca Mad Boys

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by SkyBlue_Taylor
Have you seen him play often?

I thought that he was talking to Rangers and had been offered a contract by them....

I seen him play a couple of times on ESPN for Motherwell, also he was regarded as the "heartbeat" of Motherwell's side, which would be good for us. I have also read about him and BEFORE Ranger's dire situation, Ally McCoist wanted him but I doubt Jennings would sign for Rangers now they're in Scottish Division 3.

Why is everyone so bothered about it?

Because, from what I have seen and read of him, he could potentially be a v. good signing and a shame if we miss out on him!

Sutty

Jennings was quoted as saying he wanted to move back to England, but maybe the lure of a big club like Rangers is enough to sway him.

Reynolds_121

What's the point in wasting 2 years of your career playing in Div 3 and 2 of the Scottish leagues. At someone of the age of Jennings it would be a dreadful move.

ccfcway

if he signs a 4 year contract with them,he will be playing for rangers in the champions league within his contract period.

who knows where we will be in 4 years

Mucca Mad Boys

Jennings was quoted as saying he wanted to move back to England, but maybe the lure of a big club like Rangers is enough to sway him.

Actually, Rangers are not technically a 'big' club... A lot of their records (league + cup) have been wiped and they play in Division 3 in Scotland! Lets :pointlaugh: @Rangers

mark82

if he signs a 4 year contract with them,he will be playing for rangers in the champions league within his contract period.

who knows where we will be in 4 years

No he won't.

Year 1 - Div 3
Year 2 - Div 2
Year 3 - Div 1
Year 4 - SPL

By the end of his contract he would be 31 and achieved nothing other than possibly a top 2 finish in the SPL.

Sutty

Actually, Rangers are not technically a 'big' club... A lot of their records (league + cup) have been wiped and they play in Division 3 in Scotland! Lets :pointlaugh: @Rangers

I would guess their average attendances will be at least 3 times the size of ours, so in comparison to us, I'd say they are a pretty big club.

And Reynolds, I do agree, playing at that level doesn't seem that appealing, but the chance to play regularly in front of 40,000 people may do.

Mucca Mad Boys

What's the point in wasting 2 years of your career playing in Div 3 and 2 of the Scottish leagues. At someone of the age of Jennings it would be a dreadful move.

Exactly! Even 1 more in Division 1 before getting to the SPL... He could be 30 by the time he gets to the SPL, assuming Rangers get 3 straight promotions.

ccfcway

ok, 5 years then.

Either that or at very best (and this is ambitious), he could be possibly challanging at the top half of the championship with CCFC in 5 years.

kingharvest

Actually, Rangers technically ARE a big club, and even though they're in Div 3, they're still much bigger than us.

Mucca Mad Boys

I would guess their average attendances will be at least 3 times the size of ours, so in comparison to us, I'd say they are a pretty big club.

And Reynolds, I do agree, playing at that level doesn't seem that appealing, but the chance to play regularly in front of 40,000 people may do.

Rangers probably will get higher attendences than us, but not by much, who would rush out to see Elgin, Brechin etc. Rangers will most likely not fill Ibrox.

Mucca Mad Boys

Especially when he is approaching the age where most players hit their prime.

ccfcway

Rangers probably will get higher attendences than us, but not by much, who would rush out to see Elgin, Brechin etc. Rangers will most likely not fill Ibrox.

yer, when it could be Yeovil, Stevenage et al

Playing for rangers and knowing you will win something for the next 3 years, or League One with David Bell

Mucca Mad Boys

yer, when it could be Yeovil, Stevenage et al

Playing for rangers and knowing you will win something for the next 3 years, or League One with David Bell

I get your point, but, all of the teams in Div 1,2,3 + a couple in the SPL (Ross County, Inverness) are all *holes
so you can't really say that.

If Rangers were all this and that, why did a young John Fleck come to Cov over Rangers?

Also, in 3 years, assuming Rangers get 3 promotions, will be in the SPL, the years between Rangers probably won't win anything as they won't have a squad strong enough to compete with Celtic, Hearts, Hibs, Motherwell (who Jennings left)... Where in 3 years @CCFC, we could be in the Championship maybe do a Norwich or Southampton (WE CAN DREAM!!!)

ccfcway

agreed, we can dream

in reality, Rangers will walk all 3 leagues (so Jennings would have 3 league winners medals) and possibily end up very close to winning a cup or two in the next 3 years.

mr_monkey101

i'm sure i read somewhere that he wanted to move back to england so doubt he will go to rangers.... but i think that with thorn not mentioning him at all this week then he has gone and wont be signing which is a real shame as he would have been just what we needed to sit in the middle of the park with conor thomas

Mucca Mad Boys

agreed, we can dream

in reality, Rangers will walk all 3 leagues (so Jennings would have 3 league winners medals) and possibily end up very close to winning a cup or two in the next 3 years.

They probably will, but there is no guarantee, so why waste potentially your best footballing years in the lower Scottish divisions? In reality, why would you leave Motherwell who are in CL qualifying and probably will do until Rangers are back in the SPL for Division 3 Rangers?

smileycov

Facebook User
Rangers are still threatened by transfer embargo, they currently have no real squad............bit worse than us last year. So i think they will not find the next 2 years so easy! AT has been spot on with signing his targets, maybe we do not think he is a right fit for our new look team, it may not even be Jennings decision after all.

Mucca Mad Boys

I personally hope and think, that he is still with us, because he stayed back for the Scotland tour to regain fitness so it was clear he wasn't going to sign during the tour and we have only just came back so he SHOULD be still be training with us, I hope he plays against Nuneaton and signs soon after.

ccfcway

Even with an embargo, this is their team...

----------------------McGregor-------------------------
Wallace-----Perry------Broadfoot--------Bocanegra
Edu---------Naysmith----Hutton----------McCulloch
--------------Kerkar------Hemmings------------------

I bet they are concerned with playing Elgin !

mr_monkey101

mcgregor has gone to a team in turkey

Mucca Mad Boys

I doubt all them will stay, McGregor looks as good as gone as the ^ said, and a few more could be gone by August 31st.

smileycov

Facebook User

no offence, but i think you are way off the mark if you think that this is thier team to start the season. They have not even been accepted into SFL as yet. More players will leave, i am sure they will do okay....but walk every game, nope!!

Users who are viewing this thread