JCH (12 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Probably someone who thinks the best of a poor bunch of strikers.

It's hard to judge really as we have only really seen JCH or Chaplin play as a striker all season.

People had decided others were shit before they even kicked a ball because they were signed before Chaplin and weren't him.

Londonccfcfan

It's hard to judge really as we have only really seen JCH or Chaplin play as a striker all season.

People had decided others were shit before they even kicked a ball because they were signed before Chaplin and weren't him.

Chaplin surely has many more starts and game time.

JCH has been sub most of the time.

Nick

Administrator
Chaplin surely has many more starts and game time.

JCH has been sub most of the time.

JCH has also had much more of a chance than others.

Let's face it, he didn't even have a single assist for us. He's played 24 hours more than Bakayoko and scored 3 more goals and 1 less assist.

Londonccfcfan

JCH has also had much more of a chance than others.

Let's face it, he didn't even have a single assist for us. He's played 24 hours more than Bakayoko and scored 3 more goals and 1 less assist.
Agree with that completely, could and should do better.
But he offered something we dont have since Biamou got injured. Obvious qualities, physicality, strength, Pace relatively, holdingbthe ball up and defensive duties were excellent imo, hence some of the ratings he recieved were good even though he didnt score or assist in a team Win.

ccfc_ukr

how does it work in terms of bringing in loan players after the Jan window? Is there an extended period for loans as in the summer or is this it and this is the squad we have now till end of the season?

Nick

Administrator
how does it work in terms of bringing in loan players after the Jan window? Is there an extended period for loans as in the summer or is this it and this is the squad we have now till end of the season?

No this is it for now.

SBAndy

I don’t believe there’s an extended loan window at all now, even in the summer.

Terry Gibson's perm

I hope that as part of the deal he can’t play in the game against us in a couple of months as we know what is going to happen.

torchomatic

Not too bothered about this. I was always moaning about him when he came on anyway. Falling over, rubbish at 1-2-1s with the keeper, doesn't look like scoring most of the time. He's good at swaggering around the pitch though, I'll give him that.

Captain Dart

Late suprise departure from JCH but he never truly came up with the goods plus I think he isn't a happy positive personality type which might be less good for the atmosphere in and around the squad.

Johnnythespider

I'll miss his tats, can anyone tell me what the tweet coach chay took down was, did we miss out on someone ? Edwards ?

Otis

Not too bothered about this. I was always moaning about him when he came on anyway. Falling over, rubbish at 1-2-1s with the keeper, doesn't look like scoring most of the time. He's good at swaggering around the pitch though, I'll give him that.
Agree.

Flattered to deceive far too often and you can count his good games one one hand. Beside that, he hardly ever scored or set up any assists for others to score.

torchomatic

Agree.

Flattered to deceive far too often and you can count his good games one one hand. Beside that, he hardly ever scored or set up any assists for others to score.

I remember him having some one on ones with keepers this season. There was one where the fans around didn't even get out of their seats as they knew he wouldn't score. We can do better.

Grendel

Probably someone who thinks the best of a poor bunch of strikers.

Whatever his limitations he’s the only number 9 we have

What’s bizarre is robins used him every week and regardless of injury never played Bakayoko

Otis

Whatever his limitations he’s the only number 9 we have

What’s bizarre is robins used him every week and regardless of injury never played Bakayoko
But then he did say that Bakayoko was a player he hoped to develop, so maybe he was unsure of a starting place for him, at least at first despite him going straight into the side.

Maybe he just didn't feel he was ready after seeing him for us.

Grendel

But then he did say that Bakayoko was a player he hoped to develop, so maybe he was unsure of a starting place for him, at least at first despite him going straight into the side.

Maybe he just didn't feel he was ready after seeing him for us.

Bakayoko is no way a forward in that role. His reputation is growing as he is not playing. We have got rid of 3 of the higher earners which suggests we may be paying a portion of the Reading players wages.

Nick

Administrator
Bakayoko is no way a forward in that role. His reputation is growing as he is not playing. We have got rid of 3 of the higher earners which suggests we may be paying a portion of the Reading players wages.

Bakayoko would probably suit the style Robins is trying to play more anyway. Drop off, pick the ball up, lay it off and then get in the box.

Ricketts

I hope that as part of the deal he can’t play in the game against us in a couple of months as we know what is going to happen.
Au contraire. We should insist that he does play against us.

Edited to add that I'm pretty sure he has played against us when he was at Rotherham. Don't recall him scoring then either.

People say that he is useful for his defensive qualities. He has the scoring record of a defender.

Johnnythespider

Au contraire. We should insist that he does play against us.

Edited to add that I'm pretty sure he has played against us when he was at Rotherham. Don't recall him scoring then either.

People say that he is useful for his defensive qualities. He has the scoring record of a defender.
I seem to remember a knee slide in front of singers corner after he scored against us. That may have been for Rotherham

stevefloyd

He was the only type of player in that particular role but he was shite at it so goodbye JCH and good luck.
I think Robins kept playing him with half a mind on keeping him in the shop window and half a mind hoping and praying he would come good which we all know didn't happen

chiefdave

Yep. Apparently West Brom pulled out from the deal.
Be interesting to know more about that as earlier in the week Robins was talking about having an agreement in writing from them. Poor form to pull out but also makes it sound as if the agreement was a complete waste of time.

What exactly had been agreed to and do we get any compensation, not necessarily money but say first refusal on anyone they're looking to send out next season.

Otis

Bakayoko would probably suit the style Robins is trying to play more anyway. Drop off, pick the ball up, lay it off and then get in the box.
Hope so.I

I don't think playing JCH suited our style at all.

fatso

Personally I never rated JCH or Biamou, neither was ever going to score enough goals to warrant their place in the squad.

eastwoodsdustman

That awful incident with the young steward at Southend is the most cringeworthy thing I can remember since Schteve Mclaren's dutch maschterclasch. He wouldn't leave it even though the lad was just a kid. Part of me wanted the kid to get up off his stool and plant a left hook on him.

Users who are viewing this thread