JCH (1 Viewer)

Greggs

That’s then ideally where you need Tony Andreu in the side tho to capitalise on free kicks around the box or the set pieces are as good to us as a throw in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not in my opinion. You can't have a player in the side just for set pieces alone, well not if you want to be a successful organised footballing side. I think he is a luxury player, no better than Lamerias.

steve82

Have you seen our throw-ins mate lol
.....oh yes, hence the reference.

Not in my opinion. You can't have a player in the side just for set pieces alone, well not if you want to be a successful organised footballing side. I think he is a luxury player, no better than Lamerias.

Correct you cannot but if you’ve a striker who can win you between 3/5 free kicks a game I’d like to find a way of consistently looking to exploit that or we’re looking at a Doyle/Shipley free kick which can be good but inconsistent or a Doyle chipped ball into the box to which we’ve already established we’re not the biggest side in the league.

You mentioned on another post the possibility of Kelly or Westbrook filling in if Bayliss wasn’t available or played elsewhere... (I’ll keep the posts together for this as it’s all relevant)

Westbrook the assumption at this point could be its a season too soon for him.
Kelly without a doubt has played his best games when MR took the shackles off him and played him as a box to box midfielder notably meadow lane in the 2nd leg of the play offs he was phenomenal, however he too has missed a lot of football now with a broken preseason so is gonna be a bit rusty.

Andreu is still showing signs of that but is improving weekly and has played as a central midfielder while in Scotland so isn’t exclusively a no 10 in a 4231.

Is he worth selecting ahead of Bayliss or Thomas if you play a 442 formation I’m not so sure but if you could you shuffle the pack to accommodate Andreu is a selection headache for MR right now to move forwards

I believe tho he’s still a vital role to the side this season without many natural goal scorers in the set up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
The only time winning free kicks is a benefit is if we are winning and we want to slow the game down. At 0-0 it was pointless.

There was one where he could have stayed on his feet and played on and I think it was chaplin who made the run and could have been clean through but he dived instead.

Magwitch

See Zain Westbrook has been mentioned, not seen him play so what sort of midfield player is he, I think his chance will come soon, Michael Doyle superperb for his age but I think age is catching up with him sooner rather than later can Westwood fill his shoes

slyblue57

Good job everyone has their own opinion of players or things would be very boring.
Mine is that JCH is bloody hopeless. I read about his strength, I ve not seen much evidence of that, I ve not seen him bully or out fight defenders on many occasions. I ve seen him lose the vast majority of headers if he even challenges for one. His vision is average at best. He was truly awful first half at Oxford.Second half he won us three free kicks and a couple of headers. He also broke up lots of our attacking play with a terrible first touch, falling over, not chasing or not looking up to make the easy pass. Only my opinion though, lets hope he improves. Pusb

cc84cov

See Zain Westbrook has been mentioned, not seen him play so what sort of midfield player is he, I think his chance will come soon, Michael Doyle superperb for his age but I think age is catching up with him sooner rather than later can Westwood fill his shoes
He’s a decent prospect likes to get on the ball & play.I feel Kelly will Be a big player for us tho this season.play Bayliss on the right shippers left narrow with Kelly & Doyle central same as last season I feel is our best midfield which is a little disappointing being as we’ve recruited 2 midfielders in Ogogo & Thomas & we have Andreu back.

capel & collindridge

He’s a decent prospect likes to get on the ball & play.I feel Kelly will Be a big player for us tho this season.play Bayliss on the right shippers left narrow with Kelly & Doyle central same as last season I feel is our best midfield which is a little disappointing being as we’ve recruited 2 midfielders in Ogogo & Thomas & we have Andreu back.
Expect more injuries. It always happens. As long as we can keep all our midfield players motivated, we won't have to make do or search around for replacements when the injuries occur.

Adge

Very unfair on JCH. He done the dirty things well when required but as has been said will not be a prolific and consistent scorer. A good total for him would be 10 goals. Maybe should remain behind when the rest of the team has gone in for a few selfies with the crowd. His stock may go up then.

Irish Sky Blue

Very unfair on JCH. He done the dirty things well when required but as has been said will not be a prolific and consistent scorer. A good total for him would be 10 goals. Maybe should remain behind when the rest of the team has gone in for a few selfies with the crowd. His stock may go up then.
Never mind the selfies, he just need s to play better ( as he has started too lately) and fall down less.

Mucca Mad Boys

He won the header that led to the first on Sunday and scored v Gillingham. That’s his last 3 games and has contributed to 2 goals out of 3. Justifies his inclusion.

Nick

Administrator
I don't think he should be dropped. Would like to see him build up some sort of link with Chaplin.

Just annoys me he doesn't always use his strength, when he first signed I remember it being put in the channel (think it was Colchester away) and he near enough put their defender into the stand just using upper body strength.

Then on Sunday he gets the chace with one of their defenders at 0-0 and gets brushed away easily. If we are winning and he wants to slow the game down and win free kicks to take the pressure off that's fair enough. It's not something we need when chasing games.

Cov kid 55

The only time winning free kicks is a benefit is if we are winning and we want to slow the game down. At 0-0 it was pointless.

There was one where he could have stayed on his feet and played on and I think it was chaplin who made the run and could have been clean through but he dived instead.
You’re right, we had 2 on 2 and if he had played Chaplin in he could well have been through on goal. I was really annoyed when he went down rather than try to play the pass.

Speedies_Chips

The fact you criticise Clarke Harris for not being in the penalty area when Biamou scored three times in the 18 yard area in nearly 50 appearances (and only made 3 assists) is beyond embarrassing

Biamous injury may well save the season for us. Clarke Harris is light years ahead of him even on a bad day
Thought this 'light years ahead' claim was worth bumping. His brain turns to mush when he has the ball at his feet.

slyblue57

On Saturday he was brilliant according to the majority of people !!! Thought he was average at best for the first half, slightly better second half as he won some headers and did score. For once held the ball up a little.
Last night v Portsmouth he was awful. His miss was schocking and apart from that he was anonymous in the first half , his first touch ,well he does nt have one. He won nothing in the air, held up nothing and broke up any of our piss poor attacks by lack of control or purely running, well stumbling, in blinkers.
The second half he won a few headers but had no idea where they were going. He runs with blinkers on most of the time, no positioning sense.
Yes, can nt deny, it I may be biased but I can nt see anything in him at all. I hope Im proved wrong.
pusb

Pete in Portugal

[QUOTE="Speedies_Chips, post: 1619222, member: 6748.....................His brain turns to mush when he has the ball at his feet.[/QUOTE]

Yes that's exactly what has stopped JCH from becoming a decent striker. His decision making when he has the ball is truly awful. Apart from that, he has all the attributes required to be a top striker at this level. Somehow MR and the coaches have to find a way for him to sort this out, even if it takes him a while. Until then, he will flatter to deceive..............or just deceive perhaps :)

SlowerThanPlatt

On Saturday he was brilliant according to the majority of people !!! Thought he was average at best for the first half, slightly better second half as he won some headers and did score. For once held the ball up a little.
Last night v Portsmouth he was awful. His miss was schocking and apart from that he was anonymous in the first half , his first touch ,well he does nt have one. He won nothing in the air, held up nothing and broke up any of our piss poor attacks by lack of control or purely running, well stumbling, in blinkers.
The second half he won a few headers but had no idea where they were going. He runs with blinkers on most of the time, no positioning sense.
Yes, can nt deny, it I may be biased but I can nt see anything in him at all. I hope Im proved wrong.
pusb

Just as well Robins supposedly spent £1m to improve our forward line - none have scored a goal which isn’t a penalty yet. Clarke Harris is hot and cold but clearly our best option at this moment in time

Grendel

pusb

Drivel

Reactions: JWC

lifeskyblue

Thought JCH was good against Sunderland and gave the defence something to think about at every opportunity but last night he was in the Pompey centre half’s pocket. He had one golden opportunity but dithered; he failed to hold the ball up (to be fair andreu was never close enough to him); he didn’t try and use his strength, won few headers and generally didn’t look fit. Clearly needs Chaplin to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garryb80

pusb
You forgot to mention he is our top scorer too...

torchomatic

Don't know if it was just me but when he had that one-on-one chance I didn't even bother getting out of my seat as I knew he wouldn't score.

SlowerThanPlatt

Don't know if it was just me but when he had that one-on-one chance I didn't even bother getting out of my seat as I knew he wouldn't score.

He is our top scorer so that doesn’t reflect very well on the other forwards at the club if you have no confidence in the only one who’s scored from open play

AJB1983

At the beginning of the season there was talk of us not being ‘streetwise’ enough - in my opinion JCH is one of only a couple of players in our team who are - giving it a bit to other players (remember he give an arm in the chest to one of the Sunderland players just before he kicked him about 6 feet in the air) being strong, playing for fouls etc Doyle being the other - I think that’s due to not only his confidence/attitude/arrogance but also a bit of experience at this level.

Having said that, sometimes it’s frustrating seeing him fall over when he could have stayed on his feet but that last two games I’ve only seen him do that I think twice, and he’s been a lot more effective, albeit it just didn’t go for him Tuesday.

Warwickhunt

Take some doing to do what he does two quick games in succession as I said in my previous mail I doubt if he will have the same energy against Portsmouth as he had on the Saturday prior.

stevefloyd

Good job everyone has their own opinion of players or things would be very boring.
Mine is that JCH is bloody hopeless. I read about his strength, I ve not seen much evidence of that, I ve not seen him bully or out fight defenders on many occasions. I ve seen him lose the vast majority of headers if he even challenges for one. His vision is average at best. He was truly awful first half at Oxford.Second half he won us three free kicks and a couple of headers. He also broke up lots of our attacking play with a terrible first touch, falling over, not chasing or not looking up to make the easy pass. Only my opinion though, lets hope he improves. Pusb
I agree almost entirely the only thing that stops me agreeing 100% is his performance against scumderland or maybe he just fooled us...if i was Robins I would tell him I want those performances all the time if not be prepared for under 23 football

Skybluefaz

Jonson and Chaplin are showing signs of forging a partnership. It's what's going on behind them that concerns me. Not enough danger is coming from the midfield in terms of goals or chances created.

Users who are viewing this thread