Jayden Stockley (1 Viewer)

steve82

Preston he has joined.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vow

2 goals from open play in 20 matches!
Want to argue that statement.
He could of had 4 or 5 goals in the last 2 games alone if he knew what a goal looked like.
If you include his free kick goal (good as it was) that makes him a 1 goal in 7 player.
He's still not a £500000 striker.
We'll perhaps have to agree to disagree then?!
I see his qualities and believe he will score a shed load for us in the long term, he's young and will stop snatching at chances if given time!

fatso

Just a thought,
If a striker scored 20 goals in a season, all from open play,
And another striker scores 22 goals in the same league, but 8 goals are from penalties, Which is the better striker?

Grendel

Just a thought,
If a striker scored 20 goals in a season, all from open play,
And another striker scores 22 goals in the same league, but 8 goals are from penalties, Which is the better striker?

If we had 20 penalties a season in the 70’s Mick Coop would have been a striking legend

CCFCSteve

Is think he will come good in time, try to forget about the fee and imagine he cost us nothing like Mcnulty and he doesn’t look as bad the fee is the problem. We got good money for McNulty who has done nothing and spent the cash. I don’t think McNulty would be scoring loads in this side either

Agree with this (which won’t surprise some !). The fee is now irrelevant, it’s been spent. It’s what he is or isn’t doing on the pitch that counts and whilst not prolific so far, has still been involved in 8 goals this season. Not bad for a 21 year old lad who was sat on the bench before he came (so a standing start). He also appears to have a decent attitude, links play pretty well for a small lad and works hard for the team.

Mcnulty was quality last season (after initial quiet period) but that was league two. We havent created a shed load of chances this season so if you miss one or two in a game it’s probably cost us three points.

steve82

Their fans don't seem to be impressed by his signing (demonstrating that all fans are the same)

Preston have probably invested over 2 million this week in a attacking intent with a goal scoring focal point too that’s been prolific for 18 months all be it in L2 for a snip of 750k

With that level of investment, that’s a happy January surely?

Sky Blue Pete

Preston have probably invested over 2 million this week in a attacking intent with a goal scoring focal point too that’s been prolific for 18 months all be it in L2 for a snip of 750k

With that level of investment, that’s a happy January surely?

Stockley will find the championship as difficult as McNulty in my opinion. Their fans will be frustrated as they don’t want potential they want proven track record

D

Deleted member 2477

Hes gone to preston. Time to close the thread and move on

steve82

Stockley will find the championship as difficult as McNulty in my opinion. Their fans will be frustrated as they don’t want potential they want proven track record

The step up will take time potentially to the championship as most central defenders are of similar size and quicker than he is so it’s up to him to adapt to the level and be as effective.

I’d be happy if I was a Preston fan tho with what they are building, they’ve also reportedly broken their transfer fee for Brad Potts too as well as the other signings so spent 3-4 million this window and looking to add more.

Users who are viewing this thread