Jayden Stockley (1 Viewer)

Grendel

skybluebeduff

He was when he signed the original loan deal
That an agreement had been made, but I was on about an official announcement by the club, considering it's a significant fee. You'd imagine the club would want to officially announce his permanent signing.

oucho

That an agreement had been made, but I was on about an official announcement by the club, considering it's a significant fee. You'd imagine the club would want to officially announce his permanent signing.

I think Grendel is saying that the 'permanent' announcement WAS made back when he joined us. All the remains, I presume, is for us to transfer the money. As someone once sang, Chaplin is "signed, sealed, delivered, he's ours". Unfortunately.

Last edited:

skybluebeduff

I think Grendel is saying that the 'permanant' announcement WAS made back when he joined us. All the remains, I presume, is for us to transfer the money. As someone once sang, Chaplin is "signed, sealed, delivered, he's ours". Unfortunately.
I'm happy he's ours and intend to fully back the lad in the stands, he's young and Robins system right now is shit for Chaplin.

stevefloyd

Maybe he has been playing bad on purpose waiting for it to turn to a permanent signing then he scores goals for fun...ok I was pissed last night....a lot

sylus

Think it will be clubs above us, Pompey using the Chaplin fee.

It's a lot considering he's out of contract in the summer!

hard to believe isn't it that Robins spent all summer chasing Chaplin around and what has it got us so far,4 goals out of what 19/20 appearances,his basically a 1 goal in 5 games man.

If has you say Pompey may be using the money we paid for Chaplin to go and get Jayden stockley (if they are of course,) who has conned who here.I have a feeling Portsmouth played Robins and had him just where they wanted him,he came across to them as desperate for Chaplin and they used that to there advantage,just an opinion of course.

junglej13

The Sun journalist Alan Nixon reckons it could be a surprise where Stockley ends up. Someone asked him if it was MK Dons and he responded, that they had made the player a very good offer.

Nick

Administrator
The Sun journalist Alan Nixon reckons it could be a surprise where Stockley ends up. Someone asked him if it was MK Dons and he responded, that they had made the player a very good offer.
Guess he knows tisdale. Are mk Dons likely to go up?

M

Martw

Guess he knows tisdale. Are mk Dons likely to go up?
They have every chance to be fair and Tisdale knows him well, I would be surprised though as he can prob move up the leagues and MK will need to sell first

JimmyHillsbeard

I think Grendel is saying that the 'permanent' announcement WAS made back when he joined us. All the remains, I presume, is for us to transfer the money. As someone once sang, Chaplin is "signed, sealed, delivered, he's ours". Unfortunately.

Except Portsmouth refused to let him play against them as he is officially their player. They can’t have it both ways.

Garryb80

Except Portsmouth refused to let him play against them as he is officially their player. They can’t have it both ways.
We announced we were going to ve signing him permanently in January. Therefore still a loan til then. Jesus can people not grasp basic understanding on here.

JimmyHillsbeard

We announced we were going to ve signing him permanently in January. Therefore still a loan til then. Jesus can people not grasp basic understanding on here.

I’m not even campaigning not to sign him but why can’t you understand that we’ve been shafted twice here by the selling club. Other clubs in their position (eg Millwall iirc) allowed their loaned players to play against them, Portsmouth and Jackett 1) refused to let him leave until the perm window had shut in August and 2) then announced the week before our game with them that they wouldn’t let him play against us.

Nothing wrong with suggesting that City ought not to have rolled over to have their tummy tickled in the autumn or cd push for something now.

Garryb80

I’m not even campaigning not to sign him but why can’t you understand that we’ve been shafted twice here by the selling club. Other clubs in their position (eg Millwall iirc) allowed their loaned players to play against them, Portsmouth and Jackett 1) refused to let him leave until the perm window had shut in August and 2) then announced the week before our game with them that they wouldn’t let him play against us.

Nothing wrong with suggesting that City ought not to have rolled over to have their tummy tickled in the autumn or cd push for something now.
So had we done the same with mcnulty for example you would be happy for us to allow him to play against us? We havent been shafted because we knew the rules when we signed him.

JimmyHillsbeard

So had we done the same with mcnulty for example you would be happy for us to allow him to play against us? We havent been shafted because we knew the rules when we signed him.

Rules that didn’t apply to Millwall?
And Robins clearly didn’t know the rules either as he repeatedly claimed he cd play bs Portsmouth in the league but wouldn’t be able to should we be drawn against them in the Cup.

steve82

Speculated clubs were believed to be Millwall, Preston and Wigan in the championship, Portsmouth, Sunderland in L1 and MK Dons of L2.

However Portsmouth have distanced themselves from the deal tonight with Jackett saying he’s not one we are looking at.

Preston and MK Dons are believed to of triggered his clause.

Captain Dart

Has Chaplin been officially announced as purchased by the club yet?
It would be ethically wrong to back out of the agreement with Portsmouth now. :emoji_thinking:

Garryb80

Rules that didn’t apply to Millwall?
And Robins clearly didn’t know the rules either as he repeatedly claimed he cd play bs Portsmouth in the league but wouldn’t be able to should we be drawn against them in the Cup.
No because millwall were given permission we werent. The rules are the parent club decide if a LOAN player can play against them. As chaplin was on LOAN they chose this option. At which point are you goung to accept this?

christonabike

Sign everyone who is decent on a 6 month contract so when we go into liquidation at the end of the season (probably during a game) we can at least save a few bob.

oucho

No because millwall were given permission we werent. The rules are the parent club decide if a LOAN player can play against them. As chaplin was on LOAN they chose this option. At which point are you goung to accept this?
Exactly. It's agreed on an individual deal-by-deal basis, not based on some generic rule set by the FL or FA.

JimmyHillsbeard

Alright I’ll accept this, as you’ve accepted that the rules are different for different cases - and that makes sense. Will you accept that, contrary to your earlier assertion, we did not know this at the time of the signing? Or was our manager deliberately disassembling?
Can new Sky Blues striker play against Pompey this season?

Gibbo

As JCH and Chaplin have both been Loan to Buy deals I am not sure that method is the best

fatso

hard to believe isn't it that Robins spent all summer chasing Chaplin around and what has it got us so far,4 goals out of what 19/20 appearances,his basically a 1 goal in 5 games man.

If has you say Pompey may be using the money we paid for Chaplin to go and get Jayden stockley (if they are of course,) who has conned who here.I have a feeling Portsmouth played Robins and had him just where they wanted him,he came across to them as desperate for Chaplin and they used that to there advantage,just an opinion of course.
Just for the record, he’s now scored 5 goals, but they include 2 pens and a free kick, in 20 appearances, so I’d say he’s more of a 1 goal in 10 matches type of player. I’m not saying he’s shit, but I’d suggest he’s not worth £500,000.

SkyBlueCRJ

JCH wasn't to buy, it was to sign him on a free at the end.

We paid a pretty hefty loan fee for him though. Plus in the pre-season videos where some of the players answered funny YES/NO questions he commented: "You don't get bought for nothing" in response to one of the questions. Can't remember the context. So basically I think some sort of fee was involved.

skybluegod

Just for the record, he’s now scored 5 goals, but they include 2 pens and a free kick, in 20 appearances, so I’d say he’s more of a 1 goal in 10 matches type of player. I’m not saying he’s shit, but I’d suggest he’s not worth £500,000.

Hahaha, great post. "I want to slag him off, so i am going to remove 3 goals to make him look worse." He's a 1 in 4 striker, as the stats you provided just showed. Can't just remove stats.

Users who are viewing this thread