Jamie Jones (4 Viewers)

johnwillomagic

I think he is probably better than Burge tbh prrof is in the pudding and all that but think it will be an ok signing tbh...hope so anyhow!!

torchomatic

He was keeper when LO were good last season. Really not sure why fans are so quick to slag every new player who comes into the club.

Sky Blue Pete

Cause of what it looks like torch. Allsopp all but said I'm not going back to that club. We all know we need an experienced keeper but do we use the time while we have a loan to line up a new one, do we bollocks. Then this week sp says a deal has fallen through and we are nowhere near the day we sign an emergency loan deal for a keeper. Everything we do smacks of temporary short term amateurism. Obviously apart from sp's contract

coop

We missed out on a good goalkeeper last season when Murphy was willing to take a 50% paycut.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Hope the lad does well

What was the point of giving Burge a contract in the summer though. SP clearly does not rate him, Allsop came in on loan and was first choice, this lad looks like he will start tomorrow. If I was Burge I would be thinking about a move to get proper playing time

Can't help thinking money spent on an experienced keeper would be a good investment both on the pitch and in training, (despite Oggy's influence )

stupot07

Hope the lad does well

What was the point of giving Burge a contract in the summer though. SP clearly does not rate him, Allsop came in on loan and was first choice, this lad looks like he will start tomorrow. If I was Burge I would be thinking about a move to get proper playing time

Can't help thinking money spent on an experienced keeper would be a good investment both on the pitch and in training, (despite Oggy's influence )

Burge should have been sent out on loan with a recall clause to a league two team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Nick

Administrator
Burge should have been sent out on loan with a recall clause to a league two team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Heard they need one down at Power Leagues on a Tuesday night.

Terry Gibson's perm

I think we would probably do well to find a club for him as most of the league 2 keepers are better than Burge.

If we had signed this new chap on a long term deal I would be happier it's all the next few weeks with these clowns.

LB87ccfc

Some amazing comments in this thread, fans writing him off as one fan from PNE and one from elsewhere said he rubbish, that is their opinion, I could not give two shits what a PNE fan thinks, the lad was number 1 for a team who finished higher than PNE last season, played 20 games for PNE as number 1 this season when off to a decent start.

But oh no the Coventry way comes in and some our posters think well if a PNE fan said this that is gospel lets slag him off before even making a save, honestly some posters on here are laughable.

Pete in Portugal

Yip I agree, he needs to be given a chance. It's unlikely that he will not be loads better than Burge. And with luck, he might well be significantly better than Allsop.

Either way, it's clear that SP hasn't got the dosh to bring in a more experienced keeper and he's taken action to avoid a potentially disastrous situation in which Burge was our no. 1 keeper. It's obviously far from ideal, but I think he's done the best he can in the circumstances.

Unlike his team selection, formation, tactics and motivation, I believe it's a bit unfair to be critical of SP for the quality of his signings, (or lack of them), because he is working under such ridiculously severe constraints.

torchomatic

Why not? He's played over 150 competitive games, was Orient's keeper in their great run last season. Burge has played what? 2 or 3?

Yip I agree, he needs to be given a chance. It's unlikely that he will not be loads better than Burge. And with luck, he might well be significantly better than Allsop.

SkyBlueScottie

Kirkland (who it appears wanted to come as per Andy Tuner CT) and Murphy available and we end up with PNE third choice goalie:claping hands:.

I appreciate I haven't seen this guy play and lets face it, anything is better than Allsop but is this the best we can do, really?

This is why fans get despondent.

Did Kirkland want to come, I certainly never read that, was / is Joe Murphy available?

Nick

Administrator

Is that inferring that Burge was better than Allsop? Which games did you see Burge play in? The one where he dived out the way of a free kick, the one where he got himself sent off or the one where every goal kick he took went out of play?

Pete in Portugal

Sorry Torch for the dreaded double negative, which meant that sentence was open to misinterpretation. What I meant was that he will certainly be a lot better than Burge and might well be better than Allsop. So potentially a very positive signing - albeit on loan for the time being.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Did Kirkland want to come, I certainly never read that, was / is Joe Murphy available?

I don't think Murphy is available, Andy Turner has written is an article on the telegraph 'I'm told Kirky would jump at the chance of returning to the club where he made his name'

Says Sheffield Wednesday would be the stumbling block as they don't want to let him go in case Westwood leaves in the January window, if he didn't leave then Kirkland would be available for loan but then the % of wages Sheffield Wednesday want us to pay would still be a problem.

Pete in Portugal

No Nick, that's not what I intended to imply at all.

I wrote that: SP ".............has taken action to avoid a potentially disastrous situation in which Burge was our no. 1 keeper. " because I believe Burge is not currently good enough. If he was no. 1, it would make relegation even more likely in my opinion. While I think Allsop was flawed, he was just about adequate at this level.

And finally, just to be clear, I'm hoping Jones will be better than Allsop.

bedworthsam

allsop proved he was easily good enough for league 1,over the season so far the best player cov had.Had a look back at the records at orient-allsop took jones's spot and kept him out of the side until he moved on to bournmouth.

Astute

Some amazing comments in this thread, fans writing him off as one fan from PNE and one from elsewhere said he rubbish, that is their opinion, I could not give two shits what a PNE fan thinks, the lad was number 1 for a team who finished higher than PNE last season, played 20 games for PNE as number 1 this season when off to a decent start.

But oh no the Coventry way comes in and some our posters think well if a PNE fan said this that is gospel lets slag him off before even making a save, honestly some posters on here are laughable.

Several of their supporters do not seem to be bothered at all that he is going out on loan. It can be seen both ways. We have supporters that seem happy or make excuses for every player that leaves. We have supporters that say most players that leave are shit. We have some supporters that say most of our players that leave will be missed. Reading into this don't tell everything.

But we must remember what SP's old supporters said when he left their club. Good at bringing young players through but not very good at everything else. Most thought sour grapes at the time. But how delighted would we be now if another club came in for him? I would say the same to his new supporters as they said to us if he did leave.

We need to take note of what they say. But we also need to give him a chance to show how good....or how poor he is.

Chez78

Several of their supporters do not seem to be bothered at all that he is going out on loan. It can be seen both ways. We have supporters that seem happy or make excuses for every player that leaves. We have supporters that say most players that leave are shit. We have some supporters that say most of our players that leave will be missed. Reading into this don't tell everything.

But we must remember what SP's old supporters said when he left their club. Good at bringing young players through but not very good at everything else. Most thought sour grapes at the time. But how delighted would we be now if another club came in for him? I would say the same to his new supporters as they said to us if he did leave.

We need to take note of what they say. But we also need to give him a chance to show how good....or how poor he is.

I think we've given him more than enough time to show how poor he is

Gazolba

Would have preferred Kirkland. Jones has never played above L1. But let's give him a chance. Unfortunately, 30 days is not long to mesh with a new team. At some point we will be stuck with Burge again. I'm much more worried about the defence in front of the keeper that the keeper himself. We must not lose to Yeovil.

Last edited:

Gazolba

If I was Burge I would be thinking about a move to get proper playing time
Who would be on our bench if Burge was loaned out? Have you thought of that?

Nonleagueherewecome

Nonleagueherewecome

Well, Jones kept a clean sheet on debut, so we can't slag him off too much yet!

Users who are viewing this thread