Jamie Jones (2 Viewers)

CCFC_Charlie

Not surprising to see people moaning about a new signing before he's even played a minute of football for us. Fear for him if he doesn't put in a world class performance in his first game.

Kingokings204

The reason people moan is because we have taken a fellow team in our league their 3rd choice goalkeeper we don't even have a 3rd choice goalkeeper ffs.

This is what make fans feel crap although I do agree with the point that we as ccfc are bottom of the barrel and we take what others don't want. We all know this now so pointless getting worked up about it.

As for SP comments yesterday and then goes and signs someone then that's wank. Not fair at all.

stupot07

The reason people moan is because we have taken a fellow team in our league their 3rd choice goalkeeper we don't even have a 3rd choice goalkeeper ffs.

This is what make fans feel crap although I do agree with the point that we as ccfc are bottom of the barrel and we take what others don't want. We all know this now so pointless getting worked up about it.

As for SP comments yesterday and then goes and signs someone then that's wank. Not fair at all.

Reece-Cook is our third choice keeper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Sky Blue Harry H

Reece-Cook is our third choice keeper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Only now we've got this loanee, so in a sense we didn't have a 3rd choice keeper?

LJC_CCFC

Why is it everyone moans when we make a signing before the player has actually plays we write him off before a ball is kicked yet we are still lapping up SISU's shit and the way they are bringing this club to their knees, has no one thought why we might be just signing freebies/ loans? has anyone thought of actually trying to stand up as a fanbase and stop taking these so called mediocre signings or we still happy for everything to pass us by without a hint of anything happening, and just sit here and moan about comings and goings

It's not people automatically slating players, it's people giving their opinion on the signing based on their knowledge of the player.

At the end of the day we as fans can do nothing, we have zero power.

FRY-CCFC

A PNE fans view: He's very shit. Too small, can't catch, can't command his box. Similar to Joe Murphy but nowhere near as good.
An Orient fans view: If you lot didn't like Allsop...He was better than Jones

W

westcountry_skyblue

A PNE fans view: He's very shit. Too small, can't catch, can't command his box. Similar to Joe Murphy but nowhere near as good.
An Orient fans view: If you lot didn't like Allsop...He was better than Jones
Looks like he will fit in well then another last resort loan.

Nonleagueherewecome

A good, solid L1 'keeper, I'm happy. And he's almost a Clash song!

torchomatic

Yeah, best slag him off before even seeing him play.

Nonleagueherewecome

Sky Blue Harry H

Bit tired, towards the end of a wintry day, but....where does this leave us when his loan expires - we're not allowed to sign a 'proper' keeper then are we, as outside the transfer window. This is where all this short termism stuff is (not so slowly) coming back to bite us on the backside IMHO.
I'd really love to hear SP repeat his earlier season claim that we have a stronger team than last season (minus Wilson, Murphy, Moussa, Christie, Clarke (either or just one, if you want) and Baker) versus ????????

Astute

Great news. We have a new scapegoat.

Nonleagueherewecome

chiefdave

Lets hope he does well now he's here. Of course as always we have the problem that if he does well there's zero chance of him sticking around once his initial loan period expires, if that's even possible with an emergency loan.

Nonleagueherewecome

Yeah, best assume he's a 'good, solid L1 Keeper' when we've been told by the fans of two other clubs he isn't. Makes sense that.

Look what happens to players we thought were crap after they leave us...

But yes, he has a good reputation within the game and was rated as a decent prospect as a youngster at Everton. I think he's certainly better than Alsop was when we signed him.

LJC_CCFC

Like mcgoaldrought?

We could start naming names in favour of both sides of the argument, but if the fans of two clubs have said he's not that good then we'd be foolish to assume he's a 'good, solid L1 keeper'. I'm not going to hold this against him and automatically start slagging him off or making him a scapegoat, but the odds of him miraculously becoming a great keeper are higher than him repeating the form of his career so far.

bubbla

Huzzah! A crap month long loan player that preston doesn't want and will likely play as many games as I have fingers! Fantastic! We need consistency.... something that SP has no idea about... we've had more players than ron jeremy has had sexual partners (and in equally as many unusual positions)...

wingy

Bit tired, towards the end of a wintry day, but....where does this leave us when his loan expires - we're not allowed to sign a 'proper' keeper then are we, as outside the transfer window. This is where all this short termism stuff is (not so slowly) coming back to bite us on the backside IMHO.
I'd really love to hear SP repeat his earlier season claim that we have a stronger team than last season (minus Wilson, Murphy, Moussa, Christie, Clarke (either or just one, if you want) and Baker) versus ????????

Did I hear or read we can extend by a couple of months ?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Do we think he's better than Allsop (at least in Pressleys opinion) or that Allsop didn't want to stay till the end of the season?

Great_Expectations

Ability wise I think he will be fine, fans always have negative views of players that leave.

My concern is more his temperament and attitude; he apparently threw a a strop because he was dropped by PNE. Their fans seem to think he has a big ego.

Throw him into a changing room with personalities that share similar attitude problems like Madine and Nouble, in addition to fire crackers like Webster and Johnson, all being controlled by an indecisive, low on confidence manager and it does not bode well.

Users who are viewing this thread