Jamie Allen (1 Viewer)

Offhegoes

Hard to see where Jamie Allen fits in once O'Hare is back, even if we don't sign any further midfielders before Sept 1st. The 2 CM spots will surely be fought out between Ayari, Sheaf, Eccles & Kelly, and AM will be between O'Hare, Palmer and Sakamoto. Will be decent to have in and around the squad however.

NorthernWisdom

Hard to see where Jamie Allen fits in once O'Hare is back, even if we don't sign any further midfielders before Sept 1st. The 2 CM spots will surely be fought out between Ayari, Sheaf, Eccles & Kelly, and AM will be between O'Hare, Palmer and Sakamoto. Will be decent to have in and around the squad however.
He's been more effective than Palmer, Robins will play him there ahead of him.

PVA

O'Hare, Palmer, Sakamoto and Allen for the AM slot(s) is good depth.

When O'Hare is back to full fitness I think Allen will have fairly limited game time, at least compared to last season. He played quite a few games at CM last year and don't see him getting a game there this year (bar a bad injury crisis).

blunted

Allen was looking really good before his injury last season. Was not so good when he came back and looked off the pace at Wembley. Wonder if his heart problem was present then. Hope he can get his form back, as was scoring from midfield, which is a problem for a lot of our current midfield players.

shmmeee

Fuck me a midfield of Sheaf Eccles and Allen. Shoot me now! Midfield cannot live on bread alone!

• Haha
Reactions: PVA

Hobo

O'Hare, Palmer, Sakamoto and Allen for the AM slot(s) is good depth.

When O'Hare is back to full fitness I think Allen will have fairly limited game time, at least compared to last season. He played quite a few games at CM last year and don't see him getting a game there this year (bar a bad injury crisis).

What I like is all those players can do a role for us but they all bring different s options to the table How to keep opponents guessing!

Skybluedownunder

It’s about depth which last season we lacked, our bench soon will be mainly last seasons starting lineup where we finished 5th in this league, that’s exciting!

Last season we had the same lineup every game and had no-one we could really bring off the bench to change things up, we were crying out for a sub sometimes but no depth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

higgs

Allen was looking really good before his injury last season. Was not so good when he came back and looked off the pace at Wembley. Wonder if his heart problem was present then. Hope he can get his form back, as was scoring from midfield, which is a problem for a lot of our current midfield players.
He didn't look the same player hope he's on the mend now and gets back to the player he was

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

SkyBlueSam01

Nobody else think Allen is an 8??

Nowhere near the quality of Hamer obviously but Id have thought he could fight with Ayari for that role when he is fit again rather than be 4th choice in behind ths strikers

shmmeee

Nowhere near the quality of Hamer obviously but Id have thought he could fight with Ayari for that role when he is fit again rather than be 4th choice in behind ths strikers

Too lightweight and the game passes him by too much, plus he doesn’t have the passing range. He’s most effective when we’ve got the ball making runs and playing fairly short passes.

PVA

No I don't think so.

His best trait last season was late runs into the box which he did well. But certainly doesn't have the passing range to be an 8 at this level imo.

I'd say he's higher in the pecking order at AM than CM.

SkyBlueSam01

Too lightweight and the game passes him by too much, plus he doesn’t have the passing range. He’s most effective when we’ve got the ball making runs and playing fairly short passes.

No I don't think so.

His best trait last season was late runs into the box which he did well. But certainly doesn't have the passing range to be an 8 at this level imo.

I'd say he's higher in the pecking order at AM than CM.

I agree RE passing range but just feel like he could add that energy and forward drive we are crying out for alongside Sheaf...

Greggs

Give me a half fit Jamie Allen over Kp45 any day of the week.

Grendel

One positive is we saw him back tonight - can move and link midfield and attack better

Users who are viewing this thread