Jamie Allen (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Was the poorest player for me yesterday mate but I respect your opinion dude.

You think?

I counted ostigaard giving the ball away 8 times with wayward passes, sheaf also several times.. The game wasn't really played much through Allen or o hare who were both ineffective and Giles distribution in the final 3rd was poor (said by Robins too) and Dabo was nullified on the right too... All accumulating in godden being non existant and having a poor game.

We were too predictable yesterday and thats partly because Barnsley setup to frustrate, which they did effectively.

The only way we were going to score if at all was through a set piece imo

Last edited:

mds

Way too early to be judging anyone yet, Walsh didnt look half the player he was in the first 6 or 7 games last season, look how he ended up, need to give the team as a whole time to settle into this league.
If i was going to pick anyone out it would be Shipley, not his fault but he is no DM and it shows every minute he is on the pitch, he just looks lost.

Evo1883

Way too early to be judging anyone yet, Walsh didnt look half the player he was in the first 6 or 7 games last season, look how he ended up.
If i was going to pick anyone out it would be Shipley, not his fault but he is no DM and it shows every minute he is on the pitch, he just looks lost.

Did you say Shipley?Good luck 😂
giphy.gif

Reactions: mds

PVA

As far as I can see nobody is saying he's shit, or making him a scapegoat, they're just saying we'd like to see a bit more from him and there's nothing wrong with that, it's fair comment.

stay_up_skyblues

I know it’s a forum and it needs topics but this lauding or writing off players after a few games is really pointless for me. Allen has looked tidy so far without really imposing himself on the game but you cannot call for him to be dropped or sign someone else in his position until he has had a proper run.

Same with Hamer at the other end of the scale. He looks a great find based on a few games but it is far too early to say he is better than Walsh (for example) or even Prem quality (which I read on here yesterday).

Skybluebeliever

No chance , hilsner will end up being filed in the same section of Kastaneer I’m afraid , we can’t get every signing right and every now and then take a gamble that doesn’t work

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I was critical of Allen in the QPR thread, but agree with what someone said about him. He’s integral to Robins’ system.

he plays that box to box role, which Shipley played last season whilst Allen was injured. He’s a better player than Shipley.

cc84cov

I was critical of Allen in the QPR thread, but agree with what someone said about him. He’s integral to Robins’ system.

he plays that box to box role, which Shipley played last season whilst Allen was injured. He’s a better player than Shipley.
Any stats to back that claim up ?

cooperskyblue

We’re not signing anyone else Robins said
To be fair Robins said our business was done on January Deadline day and low and behold a few hours later Giles signed, so I wouldn't take what Robins as absolute fact. Things could easily between now and the deadline.

In regards to Allen, absolutely laughable that people are saying he is being found out at this level. 3 games in for goodness sake. Has he been as good on the ball as he was last 10 games of last season? No. But he is a good player who brings energy, gets around the pitch. He hasn't showed his best but certainly am not ruling that he is finished at this level in the slightest.

I do think we need another option in that CAM position though, don't think 3 defenders on the bench is nessecary and clearly Hilssner isn't ready which leaves us very little in that attacking mid area.

Frostie

No chance , hilsner will end up being filed in the same section of Kastaneer I’m afraid , we can’t get every signing right and every now and then take a gamble that doesn’t work

WTAF!? That's absurd.

He's played bit parts in 3 friendlies whilst suffering with a previously undiagnosed health condition.

I know some 'supporters' like to write players off early but before he's played a single, competitive minute is something else.

Skybluebeliever

He was a sub against Gillingham so must be deemed as fit and not brought on , I understand his role is attacking midfielder so you would expect him to be cover for Allen and o hare , why has he not been on subs bench for any of the league games

Esoterica

Some utterly utterly clueless bods on here
I'm in exile these days. Can't hack the match threads and then I read through this type of thread and end up wishing I hadn't. This OP is the worst of them - doesn't have any opinions of his own, just reads one or two people's half-comments on a player and then regurgitates it fresh like he's had a lightbulb moment and makes 100 posts on it over 3 days. Tedious. Not sure he even realises how much of a sponge he is.

Frostie

He was a sub against Gillingham so must be deemed as fit and not brought on , I understand his role is attacking midfielder so you would expect him to be cover for Allen and o hare , why has he not been on subs bench for any of the league games

He wasn't match fit obviously, he might have made a cameo if the Gillingham game wasn't as tight as it was.

Club have confirmed he's still been suffering with the illness so I'll take their opinion over yours if that's ok.

I can't believe you honestly think we haven't done our homework on the player & just randomly decided to pay & fee & give him a 3 year contract.
He's obviously going to take time to get up to speed but how about we at least give him a chance?

Londonccfcfan

I'm in exile these days. Can't hack the match threads and then I read through this type of thread and end up wishing I hadn't. This OP is the worst of them - doesn't have any opinions of his own, just reads one or two people's half-comments on a player and then regurgitates it fresh like he's had a lightbulb moment and makes 100 posts on it over 3 days. Tedious. Not sure he even realises how much of a sponge he is.

Lol. Love it . Welcome back.

KenilworthSkyBlue

It's becoming quite clear that the same faces aren't content unless they have a scapegoat to sling mud at. In the window it was Sheaf because he took too long to sign, then it was Hillsner because apparently being diagnosed with asthma automatically renders him as a flop, and now it's Allen because apparently he's not up to the standard despite not even playing particularly poorly in any of the opening fixtures.

Granted, I don't think he's has been at his best in the past 3 games so far this season but to suggest that he's not up to the standard just doesn't have any basis to it whatsoever.

I find his influence both on and off the ball is so understated. He was a vital player for us upon returning from his lengthy lay off last season and we were a poorer team without him. I expect much of the same this season and have no doubt that as the campaign goes on that he'll impose himself more on games.

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

It's becoming quite clear that the same faces aren't content unless they have a scapegoat to sling mud at. In the window it was Sheaf because he took too long to sign, then it was Hillsner because apparently being diagnosed with asthma automatically renders him as a flop, and now it's Allen because apparently he's not up to the standard despite not even playing particularly poorly in any of the opening fixtures.

Granted, I don't think he's has been at his best in the past 3 games so far this season but to suggest that he's not up to the standard just doesn't have any basis to it whatsoever.

I find his influence both on and off the ball is so understated. He was a vital player for us upon returning from his lengthy lay off last season and we were a poorer team without him. I expect much of the same this season and have no doubt that as the campaign goes on that he'll impose himself more on games.
He's great at breaking the lines between midfield and defence, he makes good angles to receive the ball in good positions. He's a big part of our own pressing game. Also worth looking at some of our goals from open play, he gets up into the opposition area very well.

KenilworthSkyBlue

He's great at breaking the lines between midfield and defence, he makes good angles to receive the ball in good positions. He's a big part of our own pressing game. Also worth looking at some of our goals from open play, he gets up into the opposition area very well.

Exactly. I think it's quite clear that Allen has a very specific role in the team and his style is integral to our forward play. He offers us something entirely unique in comparison to Shipley, Hillsner and Bapaga and compliments Robins' style perfectly in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread