Jamie Allen (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

Struggling to impose himself at the level currently if this was Shipley people would be in absolute meltdown over him being dropped,Allen running around a lot gets him massive credit on here with people thinking other people have no idea what their looking at.

For me we need much much more from that position we pretty much played with 10 men yesterday ok the game changed when he went off but that was down to the change in system.O’Hare & Godden had quiet games but we’re effectively up there on their own.Shipley to start over Allen Friday I think we may see I still expect us to sign another loan possibly
In that Position with jobello defo worth a look there.

PVA

I've said a couple of times in the last few match threads that I'm not sure what he excels at.

He works very hard and does cause the opposition a few problems, pops up in dangerous areas, but...

...He can't really beat a man, doesn't play any killer passes, rarely has any shots at goal.

Shipley gets some stick (and rightly so sometimes) but at least he carries a goal threat.

I like Allen but we do need a bit more from him.

Such a shame about Jones' injury as he could have been great in that position.

Skybluefaz

I've said a couple of times in the last few match threads that I'm not sure what he excels at.

He works very hard and does cause the opposition a few problems, pops up in dangerous areas, but...

...He can't really beat a man, doesn't play any killer passes, rarely has any shots at goal.

Shipley gets some stick (and rightly so sometimes) but at least he carries a goal threat.

I like Allen but we do need a bit more from him.

Such a shame about Jones' injury as he could have been great in that position.
He can play a killer pass, look at Sunderland last season. Lovely reverse ball in the game that effectively promoted us for me. That said, I wouldn't object to seeing what Shipley can do in there. His shooting ability on the left peg has massive potential if he believes in himself.

cc84cov

He can play a killer pass, look at Sunderland last season. Lovely reverse ball in the game that effectively promoted us for me. That said, I wouldn't object to seeing what Shipley can do in there. His shooting ability on the left peg has massive potential if he believes in himself.
Shipley has great chemistry with Godden they look to enjoy playing with each other

PVA

The fact that there is only one example kind of backs up my point! 😉

cc84cov

It’s only three games and no one really stood out yesterday, against QPR especially second half Jamie Allen covered every blade of grass and helped disrupt their midfield which dominated a lot of the first half, I think it’s harsh to negatively highlight him.
Again - Runs round a lot not being funny that’s the job of a player in that position O’Hare runs around a lot but also contributes going forward i

harvey098

Well I like him. He reminds me a lot of Jack Wilshire.

When we are dominating possession he is the ideal player to be buzzing around the box playing one-twos and unlocking space. Sadly yesterday we just never had sustained possession in the final third which meant he spent most of the time chasing around. Stick with him you fickle lot ;-)

Hertsccfc

I thought he was better yesterday against a difficult defensive team. Even O'Hare found it difficult to make much impact yesterday, and both of them tried hard. Let's give him a chance and judge him after a longer period. We have options, notably Shipley and Bapaga when fit but give the guy a chance first.

Paxman II

I like jamie Allen, his work rate is impressive. He has a eye for goal but yesterday the game was not altogether suited to him. Shipley is definately better further up front in support of Godden otherwise he is pointless replacing the likes of Allen. I would like to see Sheaf move more forward. He is looking fitter and better each game. Same team starts though I think Rose might get some minutes in. Oostgard is OK but plenty of stray passes yesterday from him. Rose is probably more competent in that back three for me.

Evo1883

I think we also need to factor in that they all need time to settle in the division.. He played 11 times for us in League 1 last season scored 1 assisted 3...
You could argue he's more a central midfielder but I don't think Robins wants to use him that way... He has great energy and works extremely hard...

I'd suggest we look back at Jamie Allen after 15 or so matches rather than 3

AFCCOVENTRY

Allen is a top L1 player but is being found out at this level. He needs to start adding value to games otherwise someone else needs to come into that position.

Mucca Mad Boys

3 games in, it’s too early to making statements like he’s not finding his feet. He put in the best cross of ours yesterday.

Both COH and Allen play an important function in both attack and defence in our team. They both work very hard to press the opposition and they both have good passing ability to get assists.

I like our formation, but we need more production from both COH and Allen in order for us to be more successful this season. There isn’t enough goals in the team at this moment (judging from last season). Therefore, the extra goals either come from the AMs, or we play both Gooden and Walker upfront together.

cc84cov

I like jamie Allen, his work rate is impressive. He has a eye for goal but yesterday the game was not altogether suited to him. Shipley is definately better further up front in support of Godden otherwise he is pointless replacing the likes of Allen. I would like to see Sheaf move more forward. He is looking fitter and better each game. Same team starts though I think Rose might get some minutes in. Oostgard is OK but plenty of stray passes yesterday from him. Rose is probably more competent in that back three for me.
You want Sheaf In one of the CAM positions ?

Tommo1993

O’Hare was blocked out of the game. Allen didn’t have a lot to work with and Godden had even less. Hamer wasn’t as boisterous until 80 minutes in. Dabo struggled to beat his man, and Giles had a very 50/50 game. Barnsley set up exactly how they needed to nullify our entire game. I disagree with concentrating criticism on anybody. For a game we didn’t have a real sniff of goal, I’ll take a point all day.

Evo1883

I’m just saying mate if that was Shipley who was hardly involved all hell would break lose.

I dont know mate the problem is we are in a division where hard work will be more an asset than not as we will have longer periods without the ball .. I remember Allen coming into the team late last season and improving us... The assists and the goal at brizzle, his workrate etc all helped us win promotion... Hes only played 14 league games for us in total

For me there were no standout performers yesterday besides Mcfadzean

Last edited:

cc84cov

I dont know mate the problem is we are in a division where hard work will be more an asset than not as we will have longer periods without the ball .. I remember Allen coming into the team late last season and improving us... The assists and the goal at brizzle, his workrate etc all helped us win promotion... Hes only played 14 league games for us in total

For me there were no standout performers yesterday besides Mcfadzean
Was the poorest player for me yesterday mate but I respect your opinion dude.

Users who are viewing this thread