James Maddison sell on clause? Bid from WEST HAM (2 Viewers)

SBT

Surely not a thread where Grendel suggests selling our best player before he declines in value!

Grendel

G, are jealous because someone 'out-spreadsheeted' you?

He unfortunately says every player is great. He’s even before made the claim about Josh Pask

Grendel

SBT

Yes imagine the scenario where we followed your advice and are left with Walker on his own

Pretty sure my scenario involved us signing multiple replacements with the money we'd get for him, but I'm sure Grendel appreciates you rushing to his defense regardless

Brighton Sky Blue

And said Gyokeres was worthless and send him back to Brighton.

In fact for some games Tavares would have had to lead the line. Which would be bittersweet irony given his main schtick is to make that sarcastic suggestion most weeks

Grendel

Pretty sure my scenario involved us signing multiple replacements with the money we'd get for him, but I'm sure Grendel appreciates you rushing to his defense regardless

I hardly need any defence as I say the best striker we’ve had for probably 25 years you thought was rubbish

SBT

I hardly need any defence as I say the best striker we’ve had for probably 25 years you thought was rubbish

Yeah, he didn't look very good when he was on loan here. Looks fucking brilliant now obviously.

Shall we do some of your hot takes now? A lot more recent than mine as well...

Brighton Sky Blue

I disagree with G more often than not. Just interesting of you to double down on the idea that we should have sold our best player in the summer despite him being our main attacking outlet.

SBT

I disagree with G more often than not. Just interesting of you to double down on the idea that we should have sold our best player in the summer despite him being our main attacking outlet.

I'm hardly doubling down - just pointing out that it's not the most insane suggestion to sell your most valuable player at peak value if the team's in financial shit and you can reinvest the money into a weak squad (see: Maddison, James). No-one's too upset with how the season has turned out so far regardless, but if you want to try and continue the double act with G by mischaracterizing what I've said then go for it.

Grendel

Yeah, he didn't look very good when he was on loan here. Looks fucking brilliant now obviously.

Shall we do some of your hot takes now? A lot more recent than mine as well...

Mmmm

Grendel

There are numerous examples of bemoaning Bidwell who is one of our best signings in the championship

I posted the other day something about you saying we wouldn’t get a million for hamer

SBT

There are numerous examples of bemoaning Bidwell who is one of our best signings in the championship

I posted the other day something about you saying we wouldn’t get a million for hamer

I mean, there were plenty of people bemoaning Bidwell last season when he was still in and out of the side and getting up to speed, but if you think my joke about him is some kind of huge gotcha moment then OK

And saying that someone doesn't look like a million pound player in a certain game obviously isn't the same as saying we wouldn't get a million for them but OK

Certainly not as bad (or as recent!) as saying that Rose and Allen have no business playing Championship football. Or that Dom Hyam was worthless. Or that playing one up front wouldn't work for us this season.

Not your best stuff today.....but with you these days, when is it ever?

Grendel

I mean, there were plenty of people bemoaning Bidwell last season when he was still in and out of the side and getting up to speed, but if you think my joke about him is some kind of huge gotcha moment then OK

And saying that someone doesn't look like a million pound player in a certain game obviously isn't the same as saying we wouldn't get a million for them but OK

Certainly not as bad (or as recent!) as saying that Rose and Allen have no business playing Championship football. Or that Dom Hyam was worthless. Or that playing one up front wouldn't work for us this season.

Not your best stuff today.....but with you these days, when is it ever?

Not my best stuff today? Do you ever have a day when you post best stuff?

Brighton Sky Blue

Exhibit A-relegation with Gyo gone and not properly replaced is unlikely.

If you think we have a good shot at promotion with our current squad, or think we’re at serious risk of going down if we lose Gyokeres and don’t properly replace him, then I see the logic in keeping him. Personally I don’t think either scenario is likely, so I’d rather cash in our only valuable chip while we still have it and rebuild the squad. Assuming we don’t fritter away the money, the transfer fee we could get is much more valuable to us than another low-to-mid-table finish. This current squad has hit a wall, it needs investment, not another spin of the wheel.

Exhibit B-losing Hyam a bigger concern than losing Gyo.

Honestly more worried now than I would have been if we’d sold Gyokeres. Lord knows what our back line is going to look like this season.

SBT

Exhibit A-relegation with Gyo gone and not properly replaced is unlikely.

Sorry if you think otherwise. Reasonable people can disagree here, but we stayed up without him before.

Exhibit B-losing Hyam a bigger concern than losing Gyo.

Is it wrong to be more concerned about a CB firesale at the deadline with no replacements than it would be about selling Gyokeres and -- I don't know how many more times I have to explain this to you -- properly replacing him and reinvesting elsewhere?

Londonccfcfan

Please please stop embarrassing yourself further. i love this thread. in black and white page after page of cluelessness.

Most could see the lad was going to reach the top.

Most goal contributions in premier league of any English player since some month in 2001.

Grendel

Please please stop embarrassing yourself further. i love this thread. in black and white page after page of cluelessness.

Most could see the lad was going to reach the top.

Most goal contributions in premier league of any English player since some month in 2001.

I think I’m going to make a claim to be the only player whose scored 44 goals from the centre circle

What’s it tonight? Tenants super?

Grendel

The stench is desperate old man.

giphy.gif

shmmeee

Like ratio is pretty borked since the reaction changes TBF. A laugh gets you two points I think but is used sarcastically as much as not and a poop loses you two, and you have people throwing a strop because they disagree with you and pooping on everything they see.

Need a new way to measure e-penis. I propose a new system whereby every time you log in you’re asked which of a pair of posters you prefer and this can then be turned into a giant league table of cunts.

Briles

Like ratio is pretty borked since the reaction changes TBF. A laugh gets you two points I think but is used sarcastically as much as not and a poop loses you two, and you have people throwing a strop because they disagree with you and pooping on everything they see.

Need a new way to measure e-penis. I propose a new system whereby every time you log in you’re asked which of a pair of posters you prefer and this can then be turned into a giant league table of cunts.

I like the term measuring e-penis, I may pitch it to my boss

Users who are viewing this thread