James Bailey (1 Viewer)

Greggs

William Edjenguele ‏@WilliamEdj23
My man @Jbailey_16 take care. #toplad

I'm guessing this is the Egde saying goodbye to James Bailey on twitter.
It's a shame, top player!

CJparker

They might agree an extension, or re-loan him when they get round to agreeing

tippex9

I saw this tweet & fear the worst, A friend of mine works in the media at Derby, he reckons Bailey is surplus to requirements now & they'd probably accept a bid around 200k.

It ain't much but when they're hoping to have McG and or Clarke plus Moussa on longer deal, the pool of money available may not stretch.

Gaz

He has been an important player for us and will definitely be missed if we don't find a replacement or manage to extend his loan.

steveo1987

He has been an important player for us and will definitely be missed if we don't find a replacement or manage to extend his loan.

Next tweet
@cyruschristie: “@Jbailey_16: @cyruschristie cheers playboy x” catch you soon lad x

Nick

Administrator
He is what we need in the middle of the park, could Thomas come in and do a job? I am not sure he could yet!

chiefdave

how does it work if he doesn't get sold as soon as the window opens. can he be loaned back to us but with a recall clause should he be sold to someone else?

Mucca Mad Boys

Thought we paid 150000 for Barton?

Also 400k for goldie and 200k for bailey and 150k for Adams please sisu please just this once.

400k for McG? No chance! No more than 250k.

I think we'll sign Bailey and Adams on loan and snap them up permanently if we get promoted, McG, I'm unsure, if we could mobilise the funds, he'd be ours, no problem - but that the problem! We need to hit McG with out best offer ASAP.

Moussa will extend his contract.

All my opinion.

Mucca Mad Boys

He is what we need in the middle of the park, could Thomas come in and do a job? I am not sure he could yet!

He has potential to so, probably even better than Bailey, but as he's jut coming back from injury and is young, I think he'll need time, which we haven't got if we're going to carry on our march up the table! Barton will probably play CM with Jennings on Saturday, with Thomas coming in when 100% and obviously proves he is good enough to start.

skybluegod

400k for McG? No chance! No more than 250k.

I think we'll sign Bailey and Adams on loan and snap them up permanently if we get promoted, McG, I'm unsure, if we could mobilise the funds, he'd be ours, no problem - but that the problem! We need to hit McG with out best offer ASAP.

Moussa will extend his contract.

All my opinion.
250k my arse when we paid 350k for Cody goldie is worth more,

Mucca Mad Boys

250k my arse when we paid 350k for Cody goldie is worth more,

McG is better than that, agreed. But he has 6 months left on his contract, had he been 'average' we'd get him on a nominal fee! The guy is worthless, in a sense, Championship + L1 teams aren't going to pay a lot for a player they can sign on a pre contract arrangement and get him for free in 6 months.

Astute

The financial fair play rules may put the decision out of SISU's control.

If any deal is made with Forest for any fee to be paid after the end of the season it would come out of next seasons budget.

psgm1

Banned
Bailey signed in 2010 on a 3 year contract. There is not a chance in hell he will be loaned out in Jan - So that's him gone.
Ditto David McGoldrick.

Considering Bailey's goal got the point Saturday,m and DM has pretty much garnered 1/2 of cov's entire points tally this season this is why the current position is false. Onve these 2 go, cov will only have baker to rely upon. And considering cov generally need more than 1 goal to win (and most times even to just draw), Unless this trialist decides to join, and can match DM's strike rate, cov are going to be back into the brown stuff come the end of the season.

SiSU don't even pay their legally required financial commitments, so anyone expecting them to pay an "unnecessary" amount for players are sadly deluding themselves. It will be interesting to see how much Robins has actually impacted on the teams performances once DM goes.

covcity4life

Robins stated after the game he wants to sign bailey permanently, if not a loan will do

If sisu don't deliver the gaffer won't be a happy man I fear

William Edjenguele ‏@WilliamEdj23
My man @Jbailey_16 take care. #toplad

I'm guessing this is the Egde saying goodbye to James Bailey on twitter.
It's a shame, top player!

kg82

Bailey signed in 2010 on a 3 year contract. There is not a chance in hell he will be loaned out in Jan - So that's him gone.
Ditto David McGoldrick.

Considering Bailey's goal got the point Saturday,m and DM has pretty much garnered 1/2 of cov's entire points tally this season this is why the current position is false. Onve these 2 go, cov will only have baker to rely upon. And considering cov generally need more than 1 goal to win (and most times even to just draw), Unless this trialist decides to join, and can match DM's strike rate, cov are going to be back into the brown stuff come the end of the season.

SiSU don't even pay their legally required financial commitments, so anyone expecting them to pay an "unnecessary" amount for players are sadly deluding themselves. It will be interesting to see how much Robins has actually impacted on the teams performances once DM goes.

I'd normally ignore you but I'm doing this to point out that Bailey signed a year extension on his contract.

Also, how many times have we needed more than 1 goal to get a draw this season? Twice.

georgehudson

this really is over to F & W + sisu to see what their aims are,
failure to secure the obvious will end in confusion,
so, sisu, your move,
do the right thing or accept the consequences

BrisbaneBronco

this really is over to F & W + sisu to see what their aims are,
failure to secure the obvious will end in confusion,
so, sisu, your move,
do the right thing or accept the consequences

You have hit the nail on the head.
It really is up to SISU to show the fans that they have ambition.
Sure, they will be able to find the funds, question is are they prepared to do so.
We are on a roll at the moment. Keep this squad together and promotion is a reality.
Lose Bailey and McG and we will be back down the table.
We have a good manager in Robins and cannot afford to lose him by SISU not backing him.

Astute

Unless its changed the transfer fee declared to the FL would be the one included in the declaration, whenever its paid.

Swindon signed two players. They couldn't agree a fee for either. Both went to a tribunal. Because they went to a tribunal they both had to be paid then. They went something like 2% over their budget and were hit with an embargo. They said at the time if it wasn't taken to a tribunal they could have spaced out payments, paying some at the end of the season and then the embargo wouldn't have happened.

I believe what was said at the time.

Gaz

you do?

Take Dm & bailey out of the equation - this squad has relegation written all over it!

I strongly disagree.
Both players will be a big loss, but I don't believe we will fall apart without them.

Chipfat

Bailey has been told if its not Cov, he will be sent on loan somewhere else in Jan, talks must be ongoing but i think we are probably stalling on a fee. Loan with a veiw to a permanent deal would be an ideal situation for us as would getting Adams on the same deal as he is out of contract in the summer.

Moussa should sign a deal in the new year which would be 3 out of the 4 that most would sign on here which is not bad going..If we sign Clarke till the end of the season aswell with maybe another FW coming in i think we would be pushing into play offs without problems....

Only problem is getting rid of some off the wage bill to fund this, Hussey, Macdonald and Malaga are the highest paid out of the ones that can go... Add O Donovan, Jeffers and send Daniels, Roberts, Willis and Phillips out on league 2 loans and money should be freed up...Easier said than done but lets hope things can happen and positives results keep happening....

rupert_bear

There are plenty of good fish in the pond, Bailey is okay and i would be happy for him to stay but i have every confidence in our manager having his finger on the pulse. He will know the Bailey situation and the McGoldrick situation and i am certain will act accordingly and have players on his rada. If either or both leave others will be brought in of that i'm certain.

Grendel

Ditto David McGoldrick.

If your going to be a troll please attempt to get your facts right.

Bailey signed a years extension and Clough has said he will be loaned out again in January.

Mcgoldrick has scored less than 40% of goals this season. Leon Clark has netted 45% for Scunthorpe and will get far more chances in this team.

There is some rather disheveled chap who sits near me that always moans at robins. Thought is that you but of course you actually don't attend games do you?

Users who are viewing this thread