James Bailey (1 Viewer)

Otis

Robins' signings have been excellent overall you have to say. Bailey especially, but also Blair Adams and to a lesser degree Franck Moussa.

Henderson was obviously injured so a no go, but Reckord did okay I thought until that game he seemed to ignore the manager's instructions and hasn't been seen again since.

Overall though very positive. Let's hope MR uncovers another couple of gems in the January window.

skybluegod

Bailey signed in 2010 on a 3 year contract. There is not a chance in hell he will be loaned out in Jan - So that's him gone.
Ditto David McGoldrick.

Considering Bailey's goal got the point Saturday,m and DM has pretty much garnered 1/2 of cov's entire points tally this season this is why the current position is false. Onve these 2 go, cov will only have baker to rely upon. And considering cov generally need more than 1 goal to win (and most times even to just draw), Unless this trialist decides to join, and can match DM's strike rate, cov are going to be back into the brown stuff come the end of the season.

SiSU don't even pay their legally required financial commitments, so anyone expecting them to pay an "unnecessary" amount for players are sadly deluding themselves. It will be interesting to see how much Robins has actually impacted on the teams performances once DM goes.
Derby have said that if someone comes in for a suitable loan deal them he can go out on loan

wingy

If your going to be a troll please attempt to get your facts right.

Bailey signed a years extension and Clough has said he will be loaned out again in January.

Mcgoldrick has scored less than 40% of goals this season. Leon Clark has netted 45% for Scunthorpe and will get far more chances in this team.

There is some rather disheveled chap who sits near me that always moans at robins. Thought is that you but of course you actually don't attend games do you?

Thought that was the Milkman.;)

torchomatic

Exactly. Who'd even heard of Bailey or Adams for that matter a few short months ago? I hope we can get them both but Robins has shown he can certainly get good players in.

There are plenty of good fish in the pond, Bailey is okay and i would be happy for him to stay but i have every confidence in our manager having his finger on the pulse. He will know the Bailey situation and the McGoldrick situation and i am certain will act accordingly and have players on his rada. If either or both leave others will be brought in of that i'm certain.

Savonumber1

I for one would be bitterly disappointed to not get Bailey back on Loan or better still permanent deal.

He has been rock solid for us, needs to work on his first touch a bit but the lad covers lots of ground and is by far the fittest player we have... Come back Bailey!!!!

Otis

I hadn't heard of Bailey, Adams, Henderson or Reckord.

Only knew of Moussa and McGoldrick.

Same with AT's signings too. Never heard of Edge or Malaga or Jennings.

Thought I recognised Kevin Kilbane, but when he came and played for us I found out that I didn't actually recognise him at all.

mattylad

Bailey signed in 2010 on a 3 year contract. There is not a chance in hell he will be loaned out in Jan - So that's him gone.
Ditto David McGoldrick.

Considering Bailey's goal got the point Saturday,m and DM has pretty much garnered 1/2 of cov's entire points tally this season this is why the current position is false. Onve these 2 go, cov will only have baker to rely upon. And considering cov generally need more than 1 goal to win (and most times even to just draw), Unless this trialist decides to join, and can match DM's strike rate, cov are going to be back into the brown stuff come the end of the season.

SiSU don't even pay their legally required financial commitments, so anyone expecting them to pay an "unnecessary" amount for players are sadly deluding themselves. It will be interesting to see how much Robins has actually impacted on the teams performances once DM goes.
Yawn ok foxy back to Fester you go just watch out for the hunt

AFCCOVENTRY

Midfielder returns from three-month loan at Coventry - for now.

James is back with us for a few days now although Coventry have made it clear they would like to keep him."
Nigel Clough
Nigel Clough has confirmed that James Bailey has returned to Derby County after the conclusion of his three-month loan at Coventry City, but he has confirmed the Rams are talking to the Sky Blues about extending his stay in the West Midlands.

The 24-year-old made 18 appearances for Mark Robins’s League 1 outfit and impressed during his temporary stint with at the Ricoh Arena, after finding himself unable to force his way into Clough’s first-team plans during the early weeks of the season.

He also scored only his second career goal in their 1-1 draw with Preston North End last Saturday, before bringing down the curtain on his loan spell with a fine display in their 3-1 win at Stevenage on Boxing Day.

Robins has publically stated he wants to see Derby’s 2010 summer signing from Crewe Alexandra re-join his side, and Clough says dialogue is already taking place between the two clubs.

He said: “James is back with us for a few days now although Coventry have made it clear they would like to keep him, and we are talking to them about that.

“He’s enjoyed himself there and got games under his belt, so we’ll try and work something out which suits everyone.

“It’s no slight on James and his ability that he can’t get in our side either, it’s just that the likes of Craig Bryson, Will Hughes, Paul Coutts and Jeff Hendrick can all play in that position and are head of him.
“He trained with us today and he’s around for the next few days at least, so we’ll just see how things progress.”

Since joining Derby from Crewe in a double deal which also saw John Brayford head to Pride Park in May 2010, Bailey has made 62 appearances for the Rams and the last of those came as a substitute on the final day of last season against Peterborough United.
Related Articles

Users who are viewing this thread