Jake Clarke-Salter (1 Viewer)

slowpoke

It’s more
At the moment though it doesn’t look like we have spent more than last season, looks less to me not sure which budget Sheaf came out of but with the Hamer and Walker fees together they were about £2million then there was a bit for Reid and Taveres later. At the minute fee wise I think we have only paid money for Gyokeres.

SlowerThanPlatt

At the moment though it doesn’t look like we have spent more than last season, looks less to me not sure which budget Sheaf came out of but with the Hamer and Walker fees together they were about £2million then there was a bit for Reid and Taveres later. At the minute fee wise I think we have only paid money for Gyokeres.

It’s not just money spent, it’s wages too. Moore and Waghorn will be on relatively large wages compared to those they replaced

Greggs

1 million quid on wankhorn's wages too. Cheers @shmmeee

Greggs

And we haven’t sold anyone…”the model” fails at the first hurdle if there’s nobody interested in our players.
Or perhaps we are just valuing our assets a bit more realistically now. Hopefully the days of us selling our best players for peanuts have gone?

Greggs

How do you know what the players contract is? Or does it just fit your campaign?
Ok. Do you remember Derby paid 5 millon quid for him a few years ago, he'd have been a very high earner and that;s common knowledge. I'd hazard a guess he's taken a signifigant pay cut and will be on between 5-10 grand a week, so lets say 7.5 grand and keep things nice. £7500 a week multiplied by the 104 weeks of his contract gives you a total of £780000 - not too shy of a million quid. No campaign here pal, chill out.

CDK

We can't be paying waghorn 19,000 weekly no chance.it does feel like we spent more last season.walker hamer fees paid COH worth the money wages ,but doubt he's on 19000 pounds weekly.

Greggs

We can't be paying waghorn 19,000 weekly no chance.it does feel like we spent more last season.
dont listen to that dickhead. He's on a 2 year contract. 10k a week makes the million quid

ccfc1234

dont listen to that dickhead. He's on a 2 year contract. 10k a week makes the million quid
I suspect it is 10k a week and I hope for that he delivers as that will make him a top end earner. I think people in the thread are looking at year on year costs not 2 year liabilities.

Greggs

I suspect it is 10k a week and I hope for that he delivers as that will make him a top end earner. I think people in the thread are looking at year on year costs not 2 year liabilities.
Well fool them as we cant just stop paying him after a fucking year can we???!!!

shmmeee

Yes it's utterly stupid, you're talking about signings that are likely back up to a first 11 here. It's like selling your boiler to buy more radiators

Im saying there’s no money unless we sell and we only have two players we could sell. That’s it.

Calm down. No one is advocating selling anyone.

Also that’s the worst analogy I’ve seen on here and I’ve been responsible for some belters. Good job 👍

Brighton Sky Blue

Only hope of having enough money to make some signings. Not win the fucking league you lemon.

It's robbing Peter to pay Paul unfortunately. We sell one of our best players to get enough bodies in defence then we just have another problem in a different part of the pitch.

fernandopartridge

Im saying there’s no money unless we sell and we only have two players we could sell. That’s it.

Calm down. No one is advocating selling anyone.

Also that’s the worst analogy I’ve seen on here and I’ve been responsible for some belters. Good job
It is a bit of a shit analogy yes

JimmyHillsbeard

Kelvin Wilson. In our relegation from league one season Mowbray spent the entire summer chasing this one player and didn’t go for anyone else. He’d just left a contract on 25k a week at Forest - was never going to drop down to what we were offering

sorry wasn’t trying to be massively smartarse (only slightly) but this is exactly the point I was making. Mowbray wasted a close season trying to land Wilson at the expense of other targets and it can’t have helped our very poor start to the relegation season

Calista

It is a bit of a shit analogy yes
Yeah that boiler and radiator analogy was all wrong. To me, it’s more like turning up the thermostat using the dial in the kitchen, only to find that the window in the back bedroom has been left open and the lagging on the pipes in the outside bog has come away, causing condensation and some persistent mould around the cistern.

Users who are viewing this thread