I've Not Heard of Keith Houchen - Moussa (2 Viewers)

Hugh Jarse

I was in the end that Keith scored that wonder goal. Everyone was on their feet cheering it before Dave Bennett had even crossed the ball, we were all that certain he was going to score.

Obviously, my best moment as a CCFC fan.

wingy

I was in the end that Keith scored that wonder goal. Everyone was on their feet cheering it before Dave Bennett had even crossed the ball, we were all that certain he was going to score.

Obviously, my best moment as a CCFC fan.
Score in a minute ,we're gonna score in a minute!!

ajsccfc

I've got the DVD and a programme from it somewhere. While it was actually on though, I was playing football in the street because there was no traffic.

Nick

Administrator
Had we been playing our football at our home at the RICOH then he would most certainly know all of the FA Cup winning team as their pictures would be plastered everywhere. The walls of Sixfields will be incredibly bare.

Ahhh so that is why he doesn't know then, what about when he played at the Ricoh last season?

bigfatronssba

Ahhh so that is why he doesn't know then, what about when he played at the Ricoh last season?

Poor on his part then dont you think?

Houchens diving header is one of the most iconic images ever of the FA cup.

duffer

Some of the Coventry born players showed the same lack of knowledge too when they were interviewed before one of the Sky games. Not bothered really. It's what he does on the pitch that matters.

Now that was funny - didn't David Phillips's lad get a question wrong? Given his dad played in the game that was pretty remarkable. I bet he didn't get Sunday dinner that week. ;)

I don't worry too much about player's knowledge of our history either, fwiw. These lads didn't typically grow up watching football, they grew up playing football. I would that I'd have been good enough to do the same!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I couldn't even tell you who won the FA Cup last year. Once City get knocked out, I lose interest. Don't even watch the Final any more, yet years ago, it was a massive game on the calendar.

shmmeee

come on!!! Surely considering the privileged position they find themselves in and the amount of money they get (and yes I know its not the greatest at city but still far more than 95% of users in here take home) that they would / should have a knowledge of history of the club.

Or maybe I am asking too much??

To be honest I think you are. I know nothing about my employers history. Doesn't mean that I'm not passionate about doing well and making my employer do well. Just that I don't think that the history of the place will help me do that.

ajsccfc

Poor on his part then dont you think?

Houchens diving header is one of the most iconic images ever of the FA cup.

No matter how famous the competition is, I think a Belgian born a few years later can be forgiven for not knowing every little detail.

J

Jack Griffin

lolcat10.jpg

Seaside-Skyblue

I think its partly due to the short term nature of a players employment. Id have a guess that the average duration of a player at a club is 3 years maybe less. Although it seems a long time, in the grand scheme of things its nothing compared to some jobs where people may spend 20+ years and become part of the culture at an organisation. I think the temporary and unpredictable nature of a footballers job at a club may mean they have to avoid becoming too attached and sentimental to avoid upset? But yes I agree would beca nice touch if they did take noteof the history.

Users who are viewing this thread