I've Not Heard of Keith Houchen - Moussa (1 Viewer)

Gint11

Why would he? Not every player that goes to clubs give a shite about the history. Baker probably knows as he is Club Captain.

andyboy81

come on!!! Surely considering the privileged position they find themselves in and the amount of money they get (and yes I know its not the greatest at city but still far more than 95% of users in here take home) that they would / should have a knowledge of history of the club.

Or maybe I am asking too much??

Skyblueweeman

I guess some do, some don't. Would probably depend on the personality of the player. Wouldn't have Moussa down as the type who wouldn't be ar*ed about a clubs history though.

Oh well, if it doesn't affect his efforts on a Saturday afternoon, I'm not overly bothered. Would be nice but not important.

WM

Gint11

I kind of understand what you mean but it seems you are judging this with your Sky blue glasses on. Moussa has no emotional connections to the club so why would he learn the history. Yes it would ne nice if all our players were bothered enough to look into it but remember to some players, its just a job. I have worked for my company for 7 years but theres lots I havent bothered to learn historically about it because it doesnt interest me.

andyboy81

Sorry, your getting this wrong.. I probably should have put in the that this is a problem with footballers these days.

I went for a job at Rolls Royce a few years ago and as part of the test day you had to answer questions on the history of the company.

I just think when a club matters so much to so many people, the players have a duty to the fans of that club to understand the history of it.

Basically.... I fucking hate footballers!! (In an Avid Merrion voice)

skybluelee

I am surprised given that winning the FAC is the club's only real achievement and is talked about by fans every day, even now. Houchen's goal is also possibly the most famous goal ever scored in a cup final (along with Villa's). He must be walking around with his ears and eyes closed not to have come across Houchen's name.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I kind of understand what you mean but it seems you are judging this with your Sky blue glasses on. Moussa has no emotional connections to the club so why would he learn the history. Yes it would ne nice if all our players were bothered enough to look into it but remember to some players, its just a job. I have worked for my company for 7 years but theres lots I havent bothered to learn historically about it because it doesnt interest me.

I could understand it if a young foreign player didn't know a cup final goal scorer at Man Utd or Liverpool etc. because they've had so many...
....but we've only ever won 1 pigging trophy of note....and Houchens goal is regarded as one of the finest cup final goals in what is widely regarded as one of the most open & entertaining post-war finals...surely there must be reference to it in or around the club facilities??

AJB1983

I've got a mate who is a 'big' cov fan.
Before Christmas john Hartson did a thing in the festival pub and houchen was there. We were in the bar and he walked past and I said "its Keith Houchen".
My mates response was "who?"
His excuse for not knowing the CCFC legend scorer of a stunning diving header in our only major trophy win in one of the best cup finals ever was "I'm only 25 I wasn't born...."
Fucking hell. I said that's like a man utd fan not knowing who George best is.
Even more unbelievable was he though his name was Steve Moucher or something.
Needless to say he won't live this one down!!

AJB1983

I could understand it if a young foreign player didn't know a cup final goal scorer at Man Utd or Liverpool etc. because they've had so many...
....but we've only ever won 1 pigging trophy of note....and Houchens goal is regarded as one of the finest cup final goals in what is widely regarded as one of the most open & entertaining post-war finals...surely there must be reference to it in or around the club facilities??

Doubt it at sixfields....

torchomatic

Some of the Coventry born players showed the same lack of knowledge too when they were interviewed before one of the Sky games. Not bothered really. It's what he does on the pitch that matters.

andyboy81

I've got a mate who is a 'big' cov fan.
Before Christmas john Hartson did a thing in the festival pub and houchen was there. We were in the bar and he walked past and I said "its Keith Houchen".
My mates response was "who?"
His excuse for not knowing the CCFC legend scorer of a stunning diving header in our only major trophy win in one of the best cup finals ever was "I'm only 25 I wasn't born...."
Fucking hell. I said that's like a man utd fan not knowing who George best is.
Even more unbelievable was he though his name was Steve Moucher or something.
Needless to say he won't live this one down!!

I can beat that!!! Lad I know is apparently a BIG England fan.

Goes on a works do one night and comes and sees us a week later. He says there was a Special guest there and people had pics with him.
I ask him who and his response (and I shit you not)....

"I think his name was Geoff Hurst. Did he play football??"

bigfatronssba

Not even from a ccfc point of view, you would think as a football fan he would have heard of him?

Im not much older than moussa but I've heard of most of the 80's division 1 players.

wingy

The managers always pick It up through Oggie's preachings . This Is his second F A cup campaign and i guess he was just settling in last season ,he did'nt know then ,he does now.

ajsccfc

I personally am appalled that this player from a foreign country isn't fully aware of someone who enjoyed his moment of success a few years before he was born. The fact he didn't drown himself in research upon signing like in totally relevant car company job interviews is probably the reason he's playing so shit now and not scoring at all.

I know loads about perennially relegation threated Belgian sides from the late 70s, so he should pull his fucking finger out.

skybluejelly

Come off it they are footballers although there are exceptions they are not exactly the brightest bunch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I is deeply hurt :(

(Who is this Moosa fella anyway!)

In Fairness to Moussa, Houchens greatest ever goal happened two years before the lad was born. I'm not sure I could name the City team that played two years before I was born (Mind they were Singers FC then:()

Joelly

He wasnt born when it happened. The only reason I know is through my Dad and the old video.

Us cov fans will always know because we will never stop talking about it, but try and remember the scorers to the FA Cup final 2 years before you were born, mine would be 1992 and i have no fucking clue who the final was even played between

letsallsingtogether

Why should he even Grendels on more money then him?

come on!!! Surely considering the privileged position they find themselves in and the amount of money they get (and yes I know its not the greatest at city but still far more than 95% of users in here take home) that they would / should have a knowledge of history of the club.

Or maybe I am asking too much??

Had we been playing our football at our home at the RICOH then he would most certainly know all of the FA Cup winning team as their pictures would be plastered everywhere. The walls of Sixfields will be incredibly bare.

hill83

As others have mentioned it was 2 years before he was born! Not an issue.
I was 4 when we won the cup and can name about 3 players from the team, if that.

I've also never seen the game. I've got a copy of it, but I've never watched it.
It's just before my time, it's as simple as that. It's of no interest or relevance any more*

*(to me)

Last edited:

Monners

As others have mentioned it was 2 years before he was born! Not an issue.
I was 4 when we won the cup and can name about 3 players from the team, if that.

I've also never seen the game. I've got a copy of it, but I've never watched it.

I watched the game - but I can't remember it!

Users who are viewing this thread