itsabuzzard (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

I would say to people be vigilant with symptoms and testing too.

As I stated previously, my friend had symptoms and tested positive for Covid-19. I then had the exact same symptoms, so took a test and the test came back negative. There are some false negatives though sometimes. Nothing is foolproof.

Apparently, they says the days to look out for, if you have the virus, are days 3, 7 and 10. You can feel much better and think you are over it, only for the symptoms to suddenly get much worse.

Well, today is day 10 for me and my symptoms have got worse. I have booked another test.

Just thought I would put it out there and make people aware, if they aren't already so.
Good luck, let us know how you get on.

ovduk78

I would say to people be vigilant with symptoms and testing too.

As I stated previously, my friend had symptoms and tested positive for Covid-19. I then had the exact same symptoms, so took a test and the test came back negative. There are some false negatives though sometimes. Nothing is foolproof.

Apparently, they says the days to look out for, if you have the virus, are days 3, 7 and 10. You can feel much better and think you are over it, only for the symptoms to suddenly get much worse.

Well, today is day 10 for me and my symptoms have got worse. I have booked another test.

Just thought I would put it out there and make people aware, if they aren't already so.
Hope you're ok Otis.

Otis

Cheers. Thank you.

The other thing I meant to mention, is that it comes in waves. That is why I am certain I have it. Within a few hours you can feel rough, then feel much better, then rough again and this is with taking no painkillers or medication.

You can have a really bad headache and then it seemingly goes, but comes back a few hours later.

The other thing I have never encountered before and that makes it different, is this acidy burning stomach feeling, but in your chest.

Anyway, woke up feeling rough, but at the moment I feel fine.

👍🏼

clint van damme

Cheers. Thank you.

The other thing I meant to mention, is that it comes in waves. That is why I am certain I have it. Within a few hours you can feel rough, then feel much better, then rough again and this is with taking no painkillers or medication.

You can have a really bad headache and then it seemingly goes, but comes back a few hours later.

The other thing I have never encountered before and that makes it different, is this acidy burning stomach feeling, but in your chest.

👍🏼

Good luck Otis

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Cheers. Thank you.

👍🏼
Is it too soon to add you to my predictions for the Death List 2021 thread?
Only joking mate! Seriously, take care. The forums wouldn't be the same without you. x x (man kisses!)

RegiswasGod

Today is day 12 for me and, for the first time, I feel like I might be getting over it. As Otis said, it comes in waves. On day 7 I thought I had turned a corner, only to have my worst day of all on day 8. But I finally think, after a couple of decent days, I'm definitely on the mend. It's been a rough ride though, that's for sure...

Also, I haven't been able to smell or taste anything since New Years Day. I can't begin to tell you how bad that is for your mental health. It's genuinely depressing me.

Grendel

Today is day 12 for me and, for the first time, I feel like I might be getting over it. As Otis said, it comes in waves. On day 7 I thought I had turned a corner, only to have my worst day of all on day 8. But I finally think, after a couple of decent days, I'm definitely on the mend. It's been a rough ride though, that's for sure...

Also, I haven't been able to smell or taste anything since New Years Day. I can't begin to tell you how bad that is for your mental health. It's genuinely depressing me.

Unless I suppose your dog has foul smelling wind and sleeps in your bed

Covkid1968#

My whole family has it now... the kids the mother in law and the Mrs. I’m the only fecker who has felt like shit!!! Everyone else no effect.... but it wiped me out. Only just feeling normal. It is the weirdest virus!! Isolation finishes Tuesday so might go and stride around the garden.... nothing else to do.

Terry Gibson's perm

Cheers. Thank you.

👍🏼

I was just about to put it comes in waves when I had it I didn’t feel to bad just tired by after a couple of good days I thought I was over it and went for a run for the next two days I was really unwell.

Mrs TGP gets the jab tomorrow, her mum asked which jab she is having so she said Oxford her mum said that’s the one I would be picking if I was having it, I think she thinks it’s like a restaurant menu🙄

Adge

Cheers. Thank you.

👍🏼
Yes-that’s how it’s been for me over the last couple of days-Headache etc and no energy. Interesting you say about the acid etc but in the chest-I have that feeling but lower than the stomach-similar feeling to a water infection if anyone has had that.
Just been for a test so fingers crossed.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Hope you feel better soon mate. I can relate so much to this. I had it back in March before it was a symptom. A friend of mine had told me his wife had lost her sense of taste and smell, I thought not a lot of it. Also we’ve all had that “can’t taste a lot I have a cold”. This was completely different. After two days I was miserable so text him to ask how long it lasted for her, to which I was gutted to learn “she still can’t taste mate” two weeks later. It doesn’t sound too bad a symptom, especially compared to the horrendous stuff other people are doing through, but it shouldn’t be underestimated. It’s absolutely miserable tasting absolutely nothing (I can’t stress that enough) for two weeks. I was drinking neat leftover vodka from our wedding 2.5 years previous which I hate, and black coffee which I also detest to save on any pointless calories. Again, stressing I felt well enough to drink, so I didn’t have it tough by any means, but tasting nothing for two weeks is tough mentally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

I have been lucky with the lack of taste thing (apart from me quite liking Four in a Bed). I have had a metallic taste in my mouth, but can still taste everything fine.

It must the weirdest feeling to not be able to taste anything.

I hope everyone recovers to full health soon....well apart from myself of course, because following Houchen's post, I just bet £300 on my kicking the bucket in the next two months.

steve cooper

I have been lucky with the lack of taste thing (apart from me quite liking Four in a Bed). I have had a metallic taste in my mouth, but can still taste everything fine.

I hope everyone recovers to full health soon....well apart from myself of course, because following Houchen's post, I just bet £300 on my kicking the bucket in the next two months.
What are you going to spend it on if you win?

mark82

I'm nearly 4 weeks in and still have good days and bad days. There's times it feels like I'm breathing through a straw still and the tiredness still hits me regularly. It's pretty shit. I struggled with the mental side of things too. Here if needed, drop me a PM.

mark82

My smell didn't go until nearly 2 weeks in. Symptoms can come at different stages. It's a weird sensation that one.

Skyblueweeman

Actually, I think there may be an issue with the account so I am hoping it is nothing serious. Looks like theres another account with the same sort of email but just trying to find out.

Ahh ok. You would've thought that if it was an account issue, they would log in under a new name and say 'hey, it's me', kind of thing.

Anyway, thanks for your investigative work...hopefully it leads to good news.

Users who are viewing this thread