Its time we had a Doug appreciation thread (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

He must be on good money too.

I'd imagine he's on more of a bonus structure. Surely we wouldn't be paying him more than what we'd offer Hamer?

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I mean the indications are that he's 'doug his heels in' (I'll get my coat) and not crumbled with the first offer which previous owners may have done.

There's plenty of press coverage on it.

Which is good news, he’s done really well out of that deal. It doesn’t mean anything really until we see what he does with it. We’ve currently seen an outgoing of €24m and we’ve spent £3.5m of it, if rumoured fees are true. That doesn’t take into the fact the extra £2m+ we’ve gained through playoffs and additional ST sales. How anyone can say “we now know what he’s about” after that boggles my mind. It’s a great start, there’s still a long way to go before we really know what the budget is and how much actually gets reinvested in the squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rob9872

Great shout, if only we had a song for him 🤔

Any ideas?

Saddlebrains

Saddlebrains right now
Nervous The Big Bang Theory GIF

No not at all, the opposite really

Its nice to know im not the only member of the forum who can go from neutral to ecstatic/manic depressive in the blink of an eye

Same goes for this surely? If I get a pasting for slating Doug, surely making a thread sucking his feet after 1 signing is classed in the same bracket no?

djr8369

Yeah extremely positive move and looks like real intent but we need a lot of players yet. Some of what Simms said in his interview sounded positive like he believed the intention is to challenge again but then could just be footballer soundbites. I assume he had to be sold on coming here though.

Next few in the door will tell us where we stand I think

djr8369

Yeah extremely positive move and looks like real intent but we need a lot of players yet. Some of what Simms said in his interview sounded positive like he believed the intention is to challenge again but then could just be footballer soundbites. I assume he had to be sold on coming here though.

Next few in the door will tell us where we stand I think
I don’t expect us to be spending all the Vic money either but as someone said there’s playoffs money and extra season ticket which should plug most of the operating losses so I’d like to see us spend a decent chunk more yet.

Sky Blue Harry H

Which is good news, he’s done really well out of that deal. It doesn’t mean anything really until we see what he does with it. We’ve currently seen an outgoing of €24m and we’ve spent £3.5m of it, if rumoured fees are true. That doesn’t take into the fact the extra £2m+ we’ve gained through playoffs and additional ST sales. How anyone can say “we now know what he’s about” after that boggles my mind. It’s a great start, there’s still a long way to go before we really know what the budget is and how much actually gets reinvested in the squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Think the maths is a bit askew.

The income is unlikely to be all up front, and the expenditure you've quoted the lower end of the mooted figures. We know that the club was losing money each year, and the ST sales have really only given us an up front cash injection (great for cash flow, which is important - see Hyam last season). We have a lot of positions still to recruit to, but I can't see any reason to be suspicious of DK's dealings. MR appears to have got his striker target, and if MR is supported like this, it is a promising indicator.

Grendel

Think the maths is a bit askew.

The income is unlikely to be all up front, and the expenditure you've quoted the lower end of the mooted figures. We know that the club was losing money each year, and the ST sales have really only given us an up front cash injection (great for cash flow, which is important - see Hyam last season). We have a lot of positions still to recruit to, but I can't see any reason to be suspicious of DK's dealings. MR appears to have got his striker target, and if MR is supported like this, it is a promising indicator.

King committed all operational losses will be funded by him

Sky Blue Harry H

King committed all operational losses will be funded by him
Good point - forgot that when I posted. Although, that said, what exactly constitutes an operational loss? If it were previously say £3m, but we get an extra £2m TV income and extra £1m ST money, does that mean he funds nothing? Not being mischievous - just wondered what it meant practically.

Grendel

Good point - forgot that when I posted. Although, that said, what exactly constitutes an operational loss? If it were previously say £3m, but we get an extra £2m TV income and extra £1m ST money, does that mean he funds nothing? Not being mischievous - just wondered what it meant practically.

Well costs that exceed turnover I assume

NorthernWisdom

A Hamer contract, a Simms wage will soon wipe that out and more.

Grendel

SiSU would never have hung out for the £20m though
They'd have taken a set of panini stickers and a yoghurt

again we have no idea what the actual fee is

Johnnythespider

again we have no idea what the actual fee is
We don't know for certain, I think what we do know is that King didn't accept the first or possibly second offer, Viks comments in that interview about the club giving consideration to his wish to go there and not just considering the money point to this, King has done a good job if the reported fee is true.

skybluetony176

I don’t think it’s time to start sucking his dick yet. The reality is the only time we’ll ever be able to judge him is retrospectively when he’s gone. I give him credit for not selling players in January, I give him credit for what looks like 2 decent signings thus far and if we keep hold of Hamer I’ll give him credit for that too.

Word of warning about thinking he’s the messiah though. Look at Blackpool and the Oystons. Now, I’m not comparing Doug’s character to that of Owen Oyston to be clear. The comparison I’m making is that there would have been Blackpool fans who thought they were the Bees Knees after Blackpool reached the premier league. They sure learned their lesson.

Hutch11

I don’t think it’s time to start sucking his dick yet. The reality is the only time we’ll ever be able to judge him is retrospectively when he’s gone. I give him credit for not selling players in January, I give him credit for what looks like 2 decent signings thus far and if we keep hold of Hamer I’ll give him credit for that too.

Word of warning about thinking he’s the messiah though. Look at Blackpool and the Oystons. Now, I’m not comparing Doug’s character to that of Owen Oyston to be clear. The comparison I’m making is that there would have been Blackpool fans who thought they were the Bees Knees after Blackpool reached the premier league. They sure learned their lesson.
Haven't said he's the messiah just showing appreciation for what he's done so far

Mucca Mad Boys

Look, both sides of this have been quick to try and prove a point. He's an owner of the club. He will make good and bad decisions. Yes, Sisu have gone, bit let's chill a bit. Also prob best to stop singing the song as well. It feels a bit cringey.

There’s a lot of wacky conspiracy theories about Doug’s intentions of buying the club. Which I find bizarre because we’re a club with potential and always have been.

He’s pretty much done everything he’s said he would so people just need to relax and judge the guy on his record.

letsallsingtogether

There’s no evidence he played hardball no one kantrums foe not taking rnows what the fee is or was
Funny but people were having hissy fits for not taking the first offer or then the second.
City of old would have took 5M at a drop of the hat.
Jury still out on Doug but I will give him this one.

Gleneagles65

That’s a shame, I’d just bought some knee pads too.

Ccfcisparks

Its clear that Doug is at least trying to implement a model. All our signings are of an age where they can still develop, and potentially lead to bigger transfers in the future. Even if he isn't an oligarch, he realises hes having to invest some money to propel us on an upwards trajectory. One sale of above £7/8m a season and he wont ever have to invest a lot.

Nick

Administrator
Its clear that Doug is at least trying to implement a model. All our signings are of an age where they can still develop, and potentially lead to bigger transfers in the future. Even if he isn't an oligarch, he realises hes having to invest some money to propel us on an upwards trajectory. One sale of above £7/8m a season and he wont ever have to invest a lot.
Isn't that the model we have had for a while?

Grendel

Isn't that the model we have had for a while?

Yes we have more money that’s the main difference - wage bill may be higher

Ccfcisparks

Yes we have more money that’s the main difference - wage bill may be higher
Thats the main difference yeah. When we were linked to players like Sharp I was more concerned we weren't gonna spend it appropriately. The fact we are dishing out 4 year contracts is a big statement too.

Users who are viewing this thread