Its time we had a Doug appreciation thread (3 Viewers)

fatso

Wouldnt suggest so, signings such as Waghorn, Kane, Maguire, Moore didn't particularly have much upside. Think its probably down to the fact we have actual money to spend now.
We have money because we sold a player that Sisu funded.
Having said that I doubt if sisu would of kept Vik past January, so the playoff final wouldn't of happened.

Ccfcisparks

Having said that I doubt if sisu would of kept Vik past January, so the playoff final wouldn't of happened.
I don't think 1) we would have got as much money for Gyok under SISU and 2) Wouldn't have received as much to spend. Although I know thats all hypotheticals.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

SISU would probably have sold for about 5m.

Brighton Sky Blue

SISU had run out of funds some time before then to the point where we sold a player to cover cash flow problems. If we had carried on with them into January it's quite likely that Gyo would have gone then too and MR receive little of the proceeds.

Deity

This is a genuine question of @GIMOC etc.

I only know 2 people with corporate boxes at City. They were both miffed at the price rises, but both have renewed and are as excited as the rest of us now.

Is this now the general feeling amongst that group ?

I personally think it’s hard to argue that King a) did a poor deal for Vik b) hasn’t reinvested in an exciting group of players c) hasn’t given in easily on Hamer

We might still lose Hamer but if we do then I’m confident we will bring In a CM with potential given the way we have operated this window.

BTW for those not at the MK Dons match the Doug King song was being sang second half.

hamertime

They would rather him and Cov fail to prove themselves right. Can only judge him on paper for what he does rather than some sisu flat earth conspiracy.

PVA

Its clear that Doug is at least trying to implement a model. All our signings are of an age where they can still develop, and potentially lead to bigger transfers in the future. Even if he isn't an oligarch, he realises hes having to invest some money to propel us on an upwards trajectory. One sale of above £7/8m a season and he wont ever have to invest a lot.

Yep we haven't seen them play yet so I'm jumping the gun a bit, but you can imagine at least one of Simms, Van Ewijk, Sakamoto, Thomas, Binks etc being sold for a big fee in the future.

CDK

Think we will with a reasonable start this coming season go up ,the investment in place keep Hamer the jewel in the crown,make him captain show how much he's loved and bingo.

Users who are viewing this thread