It's sad to say (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Our crowds are 3000 less than they were just before we moved to Sixfields. That says an awful lot to me. People are fed up of backing the owners who are, lets face it, tearing the soul out of this club.

Last night, the matchday(night) experience to me made me realise why no one bothers. That bowl is fucking souless at the moment, it is painful to watch football there. Us lot who still go are some of the most loyal supporters in the country.

Astute

Loyalty? I missed one home game in 7 years before the move to Northampton. I've been to one since. I guess that makes me "disloyal" in your eyes? You ought to be ashamed, blaming fellow supporters rather than the owners for the current attendances.

Call yourself loyal.......what about the away games? :whistle:

Sky Blue Kid

There are very few owners outside the top flight that could promise all those things . We should at this stage ,be looking to be a stable club that puts a decent product on the pitch . That is all owners should ever guarantee supporters .
Lmfao.....You've spent 2 pages arguing against my opinion, yet low and behold you say................ "be looking to be a stable club that puts a decent product on the pitch .That is all owners should ever guarantee supporters .[/QUOTE]..........................Where is the decent product on the pitch???...Where is the guarantee to supporters???

Macca

We are terribly supported for a club that our fans seem to deem 'Should be back in the Premier League where we belong'. It was £11 (equivalent) for a ticket last night, we're fighting for our lives in the third tier and we muster 8,000. This will be greeted by cries of 'What do you expect with SISU in charge', 'We've had nothing to cheer about for so long', does it really matter? They're your football club and like you would support your family through the highs and the lows, as is real support, the same should be said for your football club. Yes the standard isn't good and yes its a really depressing time to be a Coventry fan but it doesn't mean you desert them until we get Man United at home in the FA Cup. I understand not everyone can afford £22 every week but £11?! Absolutely shocking turn out, especially as Bradford brought more fans than your average League One side.

Portsmouth had 16,355 at their last home game against Oxford - they're in League 2 with nothing to play for and a population of over 100,000 less than Coventry
Recently non-league Luton managed 8,600 in their home loss to Morecambe.

Teams of an apparent similar size:
Sheff United - 18,688 - they're in the playoffs you say? When they lost 1-2 at home to Gillingham in November last season to be placed 23rd in League 1 - attendance 16,560.
Southampton in league 1 lose to Brighton - attendance - 21,932

Yes we got 27k v gillingham but we all know 50% of those people were there for the bandwagon / they were mates of Coventry City fans and tickets were a tenner so they thought why not?

I'd be surprised to see us in the Championship in the next 5 years and i think we can forget the Premier League for decades. YES SISU are horrific owners and I, like everyone else, cannot wait to see the back of them but the whole point of being a 'supporter' is through thick and thin and at the moment we are where our non-loyal fanbase deserve to be.

Credit to all the Season Ticker holders and regular attenders, this isn't in anyway shape or form a moan at you, just a statement about the sad realisation of where we truly are.

Yes we are. But until it becomes compulsary for all citizens what are you going do?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Firstly , Sheffield United are a big, big club. They are bigger than Coventry but they are also bigger than many clubs in the Premiership.
Portsmouth - 2 F.A. cup finals recently. We all know the legacy of a cup win can do for support, and they have come out from huge management turmoil.
Leicester - a couple of promotions, in and out the Premiership, League cup win. They have money to spend.

Derby County - average 28,000. That is huge by any standards.

I have been a season ticket holder for many many years but it was a huge effort to go last night. Didn't see anything to change that feeling. The simple fact is that when there is absolutely no hope any more, and many see it that way, then there is no point.

Great_Expectations

Those that no longer go due to the poor product on show, I understand the rationale. Even if I do not necessarily agree.

Those that no longer go due to other commitments, such as family, that may have become routine while the club were in Northampton, I understand.

Those that hide behind moral statement like NOPM, I have less time for. While some may strongly believe it will have an impact on the tenure of our owners, I believe (and it's only my opinion) that too many people hide behind such movements. It's convenient to use this as an excuse or justification, rather than admitting the real reasons behind no longer supporting the team at home in person.

For me being a supporter means supporting the team, unless there are strong extenuating circumstances preventing that, I would argue Northampton was one.

As a previous poster mentioned, just think how much sweeter it will be when we finally taste success, to know we were there while the club was at its lowest point in the modern era.

Politics, bureaucracy aside, I still attend because (unfortunately) Coventry City are my team.

Users who are viewing this thread